ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#561 » by twix2500 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If Herro doesnt return during the regular season and the Heat gets knocked out of the play-in. Herro trade stock this coming summer will be sabotaged.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 488

Post#562 » by _GH0ST_ » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Trading Herro this summer has become an obligation, not a need.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,006

Post#563 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:17 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If Herro doesnt return during the regular season and the Heat gets knocked out of the play-in. Herro trade stock this coming summer will be sabotaged.
i believe that duncan is done too. arthritis and basketball doesnt play well together
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,874

Post#564 » by AirP. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Man JJJ concerns me he's shooting 31% from 3pt and can't get by anyone off the bounce (no real dribble moves e.g crossover/behind the back) for the last few months, I still think he's playing hurt or I hope so rather than teams simply have scouted and other than off the ball stuff can't really do anything with the ball.

I think teams have just figured him out and know how to play him now. Hes been very mediocre for awhile now, I just hope he isn’t killing his value.

I think most of this lower-level play of Jaquez Jr is tied into letting his shooting skills degrade by not being able to do anything during the time while waiting to be able to practice which also may have lowered his confidence and quite possibly still not 100% and having some discomfort or is mentally holding back. It's like night and day from before and after the injury.

Just looking at the 3s.
Before the groin issue.
35% from 3pt range.
24 games out of 39 with a 3 (62% of the games).
11 games out of 39 with multiple 3s (28% of the games).
After the groin issue.
24% from 3pt range.
14 games out of 26 with a 3 (54% of the games).
1 game of 26 with multiple 3s (4% of the games).

When I sorted his game logs by game score (simple way of seeing how effective he was, 10 being starter level), of his 35 games below 10 he had 15 games with 0 3s made, of the 30 games above a game score of 10 he had only 6 games without a 3. Maybe he's not 100%, maybe teams have better scouting reports, maybe it's a confidence issue since his less productive games have very little 3s made in them. More than likely it's a combination and hopefully he can get past most of this by the playoffs although he'll be scouted much better by then.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,050

Post#565 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter

I’d say we need Herro back so he can hopefully play good in the playoffs and we make a run so his value will increase but Pats old ass would probably become even more delusional about him and make him even more untouchable. We actually need Duncan back though for strictly basketball reasons.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#566 » by AirP. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:38 pm

Here's a tweet from Herro today.
Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#567 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Clearly sarcasm from Herro, he’ll be back soon
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#568 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#569 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:47 pm

The Bam Tatum and Mitchell big 3 era in Miami is going to be amazing
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,517

Post#570 » by Bishop45 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm

I feel for Herro, being the Hero once and now at a point of infamy. He's made to rise above it, I hope that he's hanging in there!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#571 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:20 pm

I wish we would get news as to what is actually going on with the foot. We should have something after a month other than sore foot.

Hest issue more than a Tyler issue. Years of frustration with this :lol:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#572 » by AirP. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Clearly sarcasm from Herro, he’ll be back soon

What is soon? If they want to move him to scoring 6th man Robinson needs to come back first, establish himself as a starter to make it easier to bring Herro back as a guy off the bench and that would take most of the regular season if not waiting until the playoffs/play in games.

If Herro were to not come back, or wait and play very little, I think that increases his chances of not being moved in the summer because other teams would be weary of not only his health history but didn't get to see a decent sample size of his play after missing a good portion of the season.

If I'm Miami, either I'd want him back as soon as possible to help the current team as a starter and to up his value after his injury (if they even would consider moving him) or want him to be back pretty quickly after Robinson is back to get Robinson established as a starter and move Herro into that scoring 6th man role based off Robinson starting and how much time Herro's missed, I don't think there's any real reason Miami would want to keep him inactive for the rest of this season/playoffs.

To me it's a really interesting situation because of how the Winslow situation went down where Miami and Winslow didn't see eye to eye about coming back from injury (Miami wanted him back much sooner) and with that, eventually moved him for not all that much compared to what they would have gotten for him if he were healthy and playing well.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#573 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:24 pm

AirP. wrote:

What is soon? If they want to move him to scoring 6th man Robinson needs to come back first, establish himself as a starter to make it easier to bring Herro back as a guy off the bench and that would take most of the regular season if not waiting until the playoffs/play in games.

If Herro were to not come back, or wait and play very little, I think that increases his chances of not being moved in the summer because other teams would be weary of not only his health history but didn't get to see a decent sample size of his play after missing a good portion of the season.

If I'm Miami, either I'd want him back as soon as possible to help the current team as a starter and to up his value after his injury (if they even would consider moving him) or want him to be back pretty quickly after Robinson is back to get Robinson established as a starter and move Herro into that scoring 6th man role based off Robinson starting and how much time Herro's missed, I don't think there's any real reason Miami would want to keep him inactive for the rest of this season/playoffs.

To me it's a really interesting situation because of how the Winslow situation went down where Miami and Winslow didn't see eye to eye about coming back from injury (Miami wanted him back much sooner) and with that, eventually moved him for not all that much compared to what they would have gotten for him if he were healthy and playing well.

I guess the first and most important question is what value does he actually have? I fear he means more to us than what he can fetch in a trade.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,006

Post#574 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:46 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
AirP. wrote:

I guess the first and most important question is what value does he actually have? I fear he means more to us than what he can fetch in a trade.
there is always the toronto raptors
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#575 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
AirP. wrote:

You’re right. Pat was delusional as fuxk about him
And it’s backfiredb
#FreeBam
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#576 » by Voltron914 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:47 pm

after the way this season is going i really couldn't handle Herro coming back like Gohan SS2 and dominating the playoffs
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#577 » by Bmaster » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I would still trade him. Two seasons in a row guy gets hurt. Glad drob will be back soon.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,785

Post#578 » by al bondiga » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 pm

Yeah.
Come on, mama...We have to face the truth if we want to get better.

Most people in The heat organization are middle of the pack unless We are in the playoffs.

Like I told you have to face the facrt in order to get better... It's like most junkies, first they have to know And admit to themselves They are drug addicted, then, the healing can happen
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,868

Post#579 » by KingDavid » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 pm

Voltron914 wrote:after the way this season is going i really couldn't handle Herro coming back like Gohan SS2 and dominating the playoffs

You mean Beast Gohan now :lol:
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#580 » by fishfuego. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 pm

Of course double negative means he is coming back soon. Read between the lines lol

Return to Miami Heat