ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS V. JOKICS REMATCH, 2/29, 10PM!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,033

Re: MIEMI HEATS V. JOKICS REMATCH, 2/29, 10PM!!!! 

Post#421 » by SerialChiller » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:59 am

KingDavid wrote:
Daffy wrote:I don't know if I'm buying that Rozier didn't have his legs due to injury. He was hitting last game. Don't remember any air balls. Think he just screwed the pooch tonight.

If he just bricked those 3s, yeah I'd agree. But NBA players don't shoot 4 airballs in a game....Especially after he started cooking later in the fourth. And all of his 3s except the one he made looked like flat tire on the way up.

Ye Reggie was even mentioning it on all his midrange jumpers that kept coming up short, he clearly didn't have any lift on his shot.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#422 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:05 am

Tough game. Size got us. Bad shooting got us.

Still close though.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,956

Post#423 » by Eagle4 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:16 am

It was a good game all things considered let's be real. Yall don't remember how Detroit used to wax Heat in the regular season until they finally met Pistons in ECF in 06 and destroyed them. Playoff Jimmy has really not been seen against Denver outside maybe 1 game out of the last 6 mstchups that's one thing tio consider.

Also, with luck Herro is healthy and Rozier's knee heals up. Healthy I think we can match Denver. Injured and gimpy? Naw Jokic is too good. Also if MJP continues to play like Durant its hard to beat. The guy was once projected to be the number 1 pick before injury scares dropped him down. Then you have Gordon who looks like extremely extremely poor man's Lebron against us. KCP a top 3 Heat killer. Yea eventually something will have to give.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#424 » by Pokuokic » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:50 am

Rozier is just awful, he can't get anyone good looks and just takes the whole team out of rhythm even when he does kick it out the passes are never in the pocket. I don't get why Delon Wright was not played more anyone else running the point and the Heat win that game even Bam or Jovic playing the point and the Heat win.

I thought Jovic did really well 1 on 1 vs AG, AG only got him on a insane fadeaway to start the game and the 2nd time Jovic defended him well straight up forced a miss but AG got the quick jump tip in other than that Jovic handled him easy all his other points came vs smaller guy/transition. He also had a few good hands straight up sequences vs Jokic, Bam and Jovic on D held there own against Jokic.AG
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#425 » by Pokuokic » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:16 am

For the people crapping on KCP the guy is like the 2nd best defender (3rd after Draymond?) in the NBA or close to it after Bam, Herro ain't doing nothing against him. The guy has given the likes of Steph Curry fits at times if he had any media support he would be DPOY candidate.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,863

Post#426 » by KingDavid » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:24 pm

Pokuokic wrote:For the people crapping on KCP the guy is like the 2nd best defender (3rd after Draymond?) in the NBA or close to it after Bam, Herro ain't doing nothing against him. The guy has given the likes of Steph Curry fits at times if he had any media support he would be DPOY candidate.

It's Denver's scheme. Herro is pretty good against drop coverage. Herro/Bam p&r would be pretty effective against that style of defense.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,993

Post#427 » by DayofMourning » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:46 pm

Pokuokic wrote:For the people crapping on KCP the guy is like the 2nd best defender (3rd after Draymond?) in the NBA or close to it after Bam, Herro ain't doing nothing against him. The guy has given the likes of Steph Curry fits at times if he had any media support he would be DPOY candidate.

Id like to hear your top five defenders list if you care to share.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 278

Post#428 » by jbsays » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:15 pm

It was a valiant effort. Jovic's size seemed to help. Rozier was way off.

Porter and KCP also had a pretty good game for the Nuggets. They're defending champs for a reason.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#429 » by greg4012 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:29 pm

:clown:
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#430 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:06 pm

a pleasant surprise with Duncan, one of the few players that did not seemed rattle by Denver, in my opinion he had a very good game.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,022

Post#431 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:57 pm

Was really thinking Jimmy was going to come out and make a statement this game, oh well.
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,595

Post#432 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:02 pm

The Miami heat slowly started to get more comfortable in the game the longer it went, you could tell its a team we rarely ever play against, and they have so many things that are hard to take away all of them. I think they started to pick and probe a bit all game and started to find something.

People forget that the reason Spo is so good in the playoffs is because of the amount of tape, and scheme experiments he has tried against those teams in the regular season to understand what hurts. Not many teams play like Miami infact maybe there might not be even a team that remotely resembles our style of play. That makes it hard for Spo to simply find things they can take away from the Nuggets by watching tape vs other teams. Its not until he has reps vs a team with the current fielded guys that he can create a plan. Think about this build has been around for only 4.5 years in that time that time weve faced them how many times problably less than 10 I would say, if you take games away where either team is missing players for injuries your talking maybe half in 5. That tells you Spo is just now putting it all together, if and only if we find ourselves there again and they are the opponent. I expect a more prepared Spo. in contrast against eastern contenders between the regular season and playoffs in the last 4.5 years we have accumulated over 30+ games vs each team. That's a lot tape and information we know about their players, schemes and weaknesses.
jbsays
Junior

Post#433 » by jbsays » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:12 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Was really thinking Jimmy was going to come out and make a statement this game, oh well.

I feel like a lot of Heat fans are waiting for him to eventually run out of juice. We'll hold out hope until it happens in the playoffs. But we all know father time always wins in the end.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#434 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:07 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Was really thinking Jimmy was going to come out and make a statement this game, oh well.

we definitely dont want to see this Denver team if we make it back to the finals. They are a tough cookie
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,790

Post#435 » by Johnny Fontane » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:24 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:a pleasant surprise with Duncan, one of the few players that did not seemed rattle by Denver, in my opinion he had a very good game.

Duncan’s been seeing red since that Jaylen Brown incident. Hope he keeps this up he’s a big team component when he’s on
jbsays
Junior

Post#436 » by jbsays » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:45 pm

Spo does a good job. But there is a saying..... it's about Jimmy and Joes, not Xs and Os.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 370

Post#437 » by NightWatch » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:16 pm

PLAYOFF ONLY!!!!!
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#438 » by dshearn » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:16 pm

For a loss,there was some good take aways from that game.

I think that is exhibit A in the argument for length.

With Bam,Jovic and JJJ having some positional flexibility the Heat really should be open to getting a defensive anchor with some size.

I know we have beat that idea over the head until we were blue in the face...but damn at least pick up a situational bench guy that can change the dynamic.

If love is playable... then surely the team can find a mobile rim protector that can force every player down a position and field a rotation with some size.

Side note, JJJ flashed some real defensive potential. Keep the dude off of hyper 1s and 2s and he is a different player on defense
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#439 » by Pokuokic » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:56 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Id like to hear your top five defenders list if you care to share.

1. Bam
2. Dray
3. KCP
4. Wemby (will probbaly be #1 in a year or two) since he can impact the entire floor with one stride.
5. Changes on the day (few years ago I would have said Horford but he's to old now), guys like Herb Jones/Caruso heaps of guys who can fit in the 5th spot.

I don't rate guys like Claxton/JJJ/Smart/Beverly all insanely overrated and get cooked 1 on 1 all the time and are nothing but hype and Gobert gets played off the floor every playoffs series with his defense. I think the Thompson twins like Wemby in a couple of years will be top 5 as well. Healthy Kawahi Lenoard is the best defender I have seen he put the fear of god into elite players like no one else.

Return to Miami Heat