ImageImageImage

Heat vs Jazz - 2nd March @ 9am Wilt Zone (NFI what that is..5pm?)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Re: Heat vs Jazz - 2nd March @ 9am Wilt Zone (NFI what that is..5pm?) 

Post#142 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:12 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Roziers not half bad guys.
i disagree he does his best to perform but the airballs and turnovers makes me question his offensive game. could be that he is about to make a difference in the playoff. i hope so but i'm doubt of him. need to see more consistence in his game to say that he is a reliable player

We talking about his Heat tenure so far, or tonight?
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#143 » by dolphinatik » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:19 am

Rozier and Jovic looked more comfortable to play their game. Jovic wasnt asked to play center and he had some nice dimes on offense. He missed some rebounding opportunities and needs to sure that up.

Taylor Hendricks played really well for the Jazz as well as Keyonte George, these rooks have no fear. As a result Sexton needs a new team he has no future there.

Last but not least Highsmith really put the clamps on in the 4th with his off-ball defense and ball denial. I feel like the Heat can beat anyone right now.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#144 » by Wiltside » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:20 am

My only wish for Terry is to get a better catch and shoot game. He seems good creating for himself, reasonable at creating for others, and his off the bounce game is welcome. But it feels like he’s pretty bricky on the catch and shoot.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#145 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:25 am

Wiltside wrote:My only wish for Terry is to get a better catch and shoot game. He seems good creating for himself, reasonable at creating for others, and his off the bounce game is welcome. But it feels like he’s pretty bricky on the catch and shoot.

Thats not his game he has been terrible at it his entire career. Your asking for something he can't do we need for him to shore up his defense. He lets everything run by him like he was a traffic cone.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 369

Post#146 » by NightWatch » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:58 am

Bmaster wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
NightWatch wrote:Should jovic be starting?

Yes

X2. He should start rest of season.

I watched the game and he is not doing much?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#147 » by Wiltside » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:15 am

NightWatch wrote:
Bmaster wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
Yes

X2. He should start rest of season.

I watched the game and he is not doing much?

8/3/4 in 18 mins and a +7. Solid enough outing for a young developing big. Couple of threes.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,151

Post#148 » by MorbidHEAT » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:59 am

So Jovic started another game with the team at (semi) full health. That is an interesting development. He will eventually be the perfect compliment to Bam. Maybe Spo finally realized that.

PS…I bet K Love still starts in the playoffs.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#149 » by Wiltside » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:34 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:So Jovic started another game with the team at (semi) full health. That is an interesting development. He will eventually be the perfect compliment to Bam. Maybe Spo finally realized that.

PS…I bet K Love still starts in the playoffs.

My money would be on Caleb for the playoffs.

Rozier
Herro
Butler
Martin
Adebayo

With Robinson, Jaquez and Love off the bench in an 8 man rotation. Highsmith or Wright for situational subs for better defense.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,017

Post#150 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:35 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Wiltside wrote:My only wish for Terry is to get a better catch and shoot game. He seems good creating for himself, reasonable at creating for others, and his off the bounce game is welcome. But it feels like he’s pretty bricky on the catch and shoot.

Thats not his game he has been terrible at it his entire career. Your asking for something he can't do we need for him to shore up his defense. He lets everything run by him like he was a traffic cone.

Terry has been a very solid catch and shoot player his entire career
#FreeBam
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#151 » by Pokuokic » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:37 am

ECF Caleb Martin was back tonight rare appearance this season
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Post#152 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:48 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Roziers not half bad guys.
i disagree he does his best to perform but the airballs and turnovers makes me question his offensive game. could be that he is about to make a difference in the playoff. i hope so but i'm doubt of him. need to see more consistence in his game to say that he is a reliable player

during his tenure, more consistency is the key
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#153 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:56 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote: i disagree he does his best to perform but the airballs and turnovers makes me question his offensive game. could be that he is about to make a difference in the playoff. i hope so but i'm doubt of him. need to see more consistence in his game to say that he is a reliable player

during his tenure, more consistency is the key

Sure. Hes looking better recently. Getting acclimated to the Heats play calls and structure takes some time.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#154 » by greg4012 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:46 pm

Def agree. THat will further smooth out our offensive operation with him in the game. Interestingly, he has been a good to great catch and shoot 3 pt shooter in the past (43% on 5.4 C&S 3pa per game in 2021, 39% of 5.5 C&S 3pa per game in 2022), but he's been trending worse in that regard last season to now.

I think really getting cemented in his role and knowing where he will be finding C&S looks can help him get those numbers back up. But, it's always tricky with a late-season addition. Offseason in the Heat program will def work wonders for Terry, but we gotta be ready to compete NOW.

I see the positives he's bringing to the offense. Gotta hope some more reps with the guys, some more practice sessions, and more coaching gets him more comfortable over the next month.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#155 » by greg4012 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:57 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Terry has been a very solid catch and shoot player his entire career

Catch & Shoot percentages per season

2024: 29.2% on 2.8 attempts
2023: 33.8% on 3.5 attempts
2022: 39% on 5.5 attempts
2021: 43% on 5.4 attempts
2020: 45.7% on 3.7 attempts
2019: 37% on 2.7 attempts

He has it in his bag to be a great catch and shoot 3-point shooter. He just needs to emphasize focus on that role and get reps in IMO

Return to Miami Heat