ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ OKC Thunder 8PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,598

Re: Miami Heat @ OKC Thunder 8PM EST 

Post#361 » by marson » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:15 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:In my opinion we have turned this team into a bad defensive team, we have lost our defensive identity, we get beat off the dribble constantly, getting abused on the boards, leaving 3 point shooters open all the time, now we are a team with better offensive weapons, but what good is it if we let the opponent score at will. Anyway this is what we have and the outcome is dictated by the front office. This is not about effort, is about how Micky and Pat decided to build the team and how to spend the money.

Nah, after the seven-game losing streak, our defense is top 10 in the league. We just ran into three MVP-level players—Luka, SGA, and Jokic—who outperformed Butler and Bam. These games were close and winnable.

Our average of holding them to 108 PPG in this offensive focus league indicates solid defense overall.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,015

Post#362 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:28 pm

marson wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:In my opinion we have turned this team into a bad defensive team, we have lost our defensive identity, we get beat off the dribble constantly, getting abused on the boards, leaving 3 point shooters open all the time, now we are a team with better offensive weapons, but what good is it if we let the opponent score at will. Anyway this is what we have and the outcome is dictated by the front office. This is not about effort, is about how Micky and Pat decided to build the team and how to spend the money.

Nah, after the seven-game losing streak, our defense is top 10 in the league. We just ran into three MVP-level players—Luka, SGA, and Jokic—who outperformed Butler and Bam. These games were close and winnable.

Our average of holding them to 108 PPG in this offensive focus league indicates solid defense overall.

Pretty sure we’re 2nd over that stretch, we just had a bad road trip where our stars underperformed. Had that not been the case we go 2-0, is what it is at this point but this is why you don’t blow 20+ point leads to horrible teams like the Nets and bulls and these losses don’t sting as much. We’re a loss on Sunday away from me completely removing myself from the standings watch lol
#FreeBam
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#363 » by dolphinatik » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Who would you rather have on the Heat, Anthony Edwards or Luka Doncic?

Luke is the better player
Answer is Ant because he plays well with others. The problem with Luka teams is Luka, too much focus, handling and reliance on Luka. If Luka played more off ball his teams would be deadly.

Ill ask this who would you rather on the Heat, Tatum or SGA?
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#364 » by DayofMourning » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:19 pm

dolphinatik wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Who would you rather have on the Heat, Anthony Edwards or Luka Doncic?

Answer is Ant because he plays well with others. The problem with Luka teams is Luka, too much focus, handling and reliance on Luka. If Luka played more off ball his teams would be deadly.

Id rather SGA. Hes got such a good all around package. Plays both ends. Nice size for his position.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#365 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:54 pm

dolphinatik wrote:

Luka or Ant, for me Ant man.
Tatum or SGA, for me Tatum. I love SGA’s game but its hard to pass up on 6’8 two way guys
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 910

Post#366 » by Pokuokic » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:58 am

I don't get why they don't run pick n rolls/alley hoop plays for Bam every other athletic big in the NBA gets multiple lobs (Heat got plenty of guys who can throw a lob) a game, just something easy to get him going instead of the 1 v 1 stuff. At worst the defense collapses to him leaving the shooters open the Heat are not using his physical gifts/high motor enough and making him a iso scorer instead.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,015

Post#367 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 pm

Pokuokic wrote:I don't get why they don't run pick n rolls/alley hoop plays for Bam every other athletic big in the NBA gets multiple lobs (Heat got plenty of guys who can throw a lob) a game, just something easy to get him going instead of the 1 v 1 stuff. At worst the defense collapses to him leaving the shooters open the Heat are not using his physical gifts/high motor enough and making him a iso scorer instead.

He’s just not right physically right now after the couple Utah game injuries. He torched the Thunder last time for 25-11-6 they don’t really have an answer for him. He’ll torch the Mavs next game if healthy too
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#368 » by Daffy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:46 pm

Pokuokic wrote:I don't get why they don't run pick n rolls/alley hoop plays for Bam every other athletic big in the NBA gets multiple lobs (Heat got plenty of guys who can throw a lob) a game, just something easy to get him going instead of the 1 v 1 stuff. At worst the defense collapses to him leaving the shooters open the Heat are not using his physical gifts/high motor enough and making him a iso scorer instead.

I expect to see it a lot more in the playoffs. Rozier has been exploiting P&R opportunities. I saw a thread on it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#369 » by Daffy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:49 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=19[/x]

Return to Miami Heat