ImageImageImage

Nuggets @ Heat 13/3/2024 GOING FULL NGANNOU

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,089

Re: Nuggets @ Heat 13/3/2024 GOING FULL NGANNOU 

Post#201 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We need a real 1s option next to Jimmy and bam this summer that will actually try in the regular season

Dame was right **** there man. Smfh

We got fuxked as usual
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,656

Post#202 » by Daffy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’d win if Jimmy would wake the fuxk up. It’s that simple.

KD, Dame, Mitchell. I know we didn't get each one for one reason or the next but that **** hurts man.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,211

Post#203 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:46 am

yea they own us
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#204 » by Pokuokic » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:15 am

It's over Heat bros no more game threads, man the Heat got cooked with Jokic literally sleep walking through the game barely trying sad times.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#205 » by Pokuokic » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:24 am

Bishop45 wrote:Looking like a GG OP…

I appreciate the fight

I took one for the Heat broos after jumping on the Jokic train last years finals it's only fair.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,089

Post#206 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:56 pm

We held then to 100 points, I don’t think we lost because of size I think we lost because they hit 6 more 3s than us and our superstar is asleep at the wheel having little to no impact
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,633

Post#207 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:37 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We held then to 100 points, I don’t think we lost because of size I think we lost because they hit 6 more 3s than us and our superstar is asleep at the wheel having little to no impact

The same works against us too, were not the only team out here scheming and taking things away. Jimmy struggles against length it been said by everyone in the media his worst games come against the taller stronger guys that can just deny him entry or make it difficult to shoot over them. Nuggets had a bad game by their standards, had they actually performed better even with a good Jimmy we wouldn't have out scored them. Were not just mucking up the game, slowing up their half court and preventing fast break opportunities while they just sit and watch their doing the same thing to us. We haven't figured out how to muck up the game and score at the same time, that's how you beat them. Unless Spo already did and he is saving it, cause their better than us at playing close games, their effort on offense seems to get them buckets far easier than us, until we figure that part out we won't be winning a series against them.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#208 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:03 pm

We keep on helping on Jokic and they keep on torching us from 3 we would fair better taking our chances Bam defending Jokic one one one, than them picking us apart with cuts and open 3 pointers, it baffles me how people regard Spo as a very good coach.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,633

Post#209 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:We keep on helping on Jokic and they keep on torching us from 3 we would fair better taking our chances Bam defending Jokic one one one, than them picking us apart with cuts and open 3 pointers, it baffles me how people regard Spo as a very good coach.

We tried that already, and they still beat us at the basket and Joker put up 25+ points with 10 Assist, impossible to keep that guy from either getting easy looks to his team or just torching you by deciding to score. Their isn't a deadlier pick and roll play than Joker and Murray. Miami needs a top tier defensive center/power forward that is 7ft to play Joker 1v1 to allow BAM roam and switch on their other players. Having Bam glued to Joker means less scoring Joker but the rest of their team just doing whatever it is they want.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,892

Post#210 » by AirP. » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’d win if Jimmy would wake the fuxk up. It’s that simple.

Here's something I think is a problem and it's not good because there's no fixing it this year. Right or wrong (we know it's wrong), there's nothing pushing Butler to give great effort each night or even specific nights. It's really simple, regular season games don't get him going anymore. When we see him talking **** on the court you know you're getting effort from Butler, I've rarely seen that this year.

2019-2020, Butler was energized as the main guy in Miami and then the key was adding Crowder, Jae Crowder was a guy Butler had got up for whenever he played against him (Marquette guy), they had a rivalry which when they became teammates, Crowder continued to push Butler and I would suspect they played a lot of competitive one on one games.

2020-2021, Miami let Crowder walk, Miami got to the playoffs as an 8th seed and were swept in the first round.

2021-2022, Miami added a friend in Lowry but also a tough competitor in PJ Tucker which Butler seemed to create a strong bond with and I suspect Tucker was able to push Butler with his tough play on the court. Not only that, a regular who one on one'd with Butler was Strus who played hard also and "the starters" asked for him to be put in the starting lineup for Robinson.

2022-2023, Butler still had Strus to push him.

2023-2024, There is NOBODY on the roster who probably stands up to or pushes Butler to engage more. UD is gone, Strus is gone, Bam's not going to do it at this point in his career (too nice), Herro isn't going to do it, Robinson's not going to do it, Highsmith, Love, Martin aren't going to do it but hopefully Rozier will at some point stand up to Butler on the effort level once he feels comfortable enough on the roster.

This isn't limited to Butler, lots of vets talk from time to time about not being able to get up for a regular season game on their own, they need to create tension talking **** or have someone they respect push them. Miami needs someone who is willing to get in his face and tell him his effort is ****. I had hoped Pat Bev would end up in Miami and take that role but that didn't happen. Sometimes you need a certain type of personality in the locker room, Miami's missing that tough guy who won't take **** from anyone.

Basically, Butler is too comfortable and does what he wants, although it's dangerous this close to the playoffs, maybe if Spoelstra benches him citing you don't care tonight could wake him up, maybe calling him out more in film sessions would help? The effort he's giving is embarrassing for a player getting the max, he's going through the motions because he just doesn't care all that much anymore (at least in the regular season) and doesn't have the talent to coast because his talent/play style is tied to effort.

If has decided to not give much effort, sub Jaquez Jr in for him and show Butler what type of effort he used to give looks like.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 263

Post#211 » by HeatFan_NC » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 pm

Someone please tell me: When did Duncan become our best player? Our superstars are not showing up and being aggressive on offense every game.

The Nuggets are better than us because they have guys that are multi-dimensional (they can shoot, post up, take you off the dribble, defend, etc.) and then they have one dominant player as the centerpiece. We would be a lot better if we let guys do what they do and stop letting Jimmy dominate the ball so much. Let Rozier or Mills bring the ball up the floor and run the offense. With Point Jimmy, things are much easier for the opposing defense.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#212 » by Pokuokic » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:23 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:We keep on helping on Jokic and they keep on torching us from 3 we would fair better taking our chances Bam defending Jokic one one one, than them picking us apart with cuts and open 3 pointers, it baffles me how people regard Spo as a very good coach.

We tried that already, and they still beat us at the basket and Joker put up 25+ points with 10 Assist, impossible to keep that guy from either getting easy looks to his team or just torching you by deciding to score. Their isn't a deadlier pick and roll play than Joker and Murray. Miami needs a top tier defensive center/power forward that is 7ft to play Joker 1v1 to allow BAM roam and switch on their other players. Having Bam glued to Joker means less scoring Joker but the rest of their team just doing whatever it is they want.

The Nuggets are beatable when you force Jokic to score (I'm talking forcing him to score 30+) one on one but doubling and allowing everyone else to get there's is borderline suicide unless the entire team has a horrible game. The whole narrative of Bam held Jokic in check is a joke he was doubled like 75% of the time and just did what he wants to do and that's pass out and literally had a effortless game where he chilled and saved himself for the playoffs.

When the Lillard trade talks were going I was saying if they do make the deal they need Nurkic as well who is another guy along with Bam who defends him at a elite level and can bother the likes of Jokic/Emibed/Towns with his size/skills at both ends.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,262

Post#213 » by twix2500 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

Gordon and Porter have been a bad matchup for the Heat. The Heat simply doesn't have the personal to defend Jovic while keeping Porter and Gordon on check

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat