ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ Detroit Pistons - Sunday, March 17 @ 3pm est

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Re: Miami Heat @ Detroit Pistons - Sunday, March 17 @ 3pm est 

Post#141 » by SerialChiller » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:50 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:AirP and Serial Chiller holding down the fort. Two of our best posters.
without a doubt, i enjoy airp's tidbits about the team here and there very much and serial and chalms doing their part and effort in the game threads

Thanks for the kind words guys same to you 2 as well.

I was looking for a high 5 gif and while this wasn't what I was going for I thought it was funny so had to post it :lol:. Good ol' Bosh!

fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#142 » by fishfuego. » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:19 am

Wiltside wrote:Duncan and Bam finding themselves again after a few tough games earlier this month.

I don’t see how Herro can start when he comes back now. He’s been out too long and we’re in a dogfight for playoff positioning. I think we basically need to ride the hot hand, whoever that is in the guard rotation. It is what it is.

Herro will be a boost of the bench if that’s what’s in play for him. He needs to embrace it.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#143 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:22 am

SerialChiller wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Its an effective strategy. You have a bonafide scorer coming in as relief. Thats a weapon. I think the starting lineup looks good right now. Lets not tinker this into a problem.

That's an expensive weapon. I agree scoring 6th man is probably what he'll do best but you can find much cheaper scorers to put at scoring 6th man for a lot less allowing you to use that money elsewhere in the starting lineup.

Yeah definitely paid like a allstar starter not a 6th man, but it is what it is and wherever his best fit contribution wise to the team is, that's what it's all about. We had Duncan being paid fairly big bucks to not even be in the rotation mostly just last year. It's not a long term solution but for the rest of this season I think ya just bite the bullet on that one. Just maximize the team's ceiling with everyone in their best role and worry about reassessing that in the offseason when something can potentially be done again. Jimmy doesn't have many more cracks at this (to be playoff Jimmy at that insane level) I don't think.

Sure but I expected Rozier was brought in to be the scoring guard for Miami for the next few years as they moved on from Herro this summer (he's probably the best asset they'll move). Miami won't give Herro away; they'll package him and whatever it takes to get a real difference maker for the last few years of Butler's prime (1-3 more years) or use him to add assets and cut salary to resign Martin. Miami's in a great place for the next half decade with Butler, Bam, Jaquez Jr, Rozier, Jovic, Martin and Robinson, that's 7 solid players moving forward for the next 2-4 years so if they can get another difference maker, even if old this team's championship chances can go up dramatically in the next few years. Maybe Miami could get someone like Ingram, maybe Cunningham is available, Phoenix may try to replenish their team by moving a package of Herro, Robinson, Jovic and a draft pick or 2 for KD. Rozier, Martin, Butler, KD, and Bam's a nice starting lineup. I feel a big shakeup coming.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,015

Post#144 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:24 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Duncan and Bam finding themselves again after a few tough games earlier this month.

I don’t see how Herro can start when he comes back now. He’s been out too long and we’re in a dogfight for playoff positioning. I think we basically need to ride the hot hand, whoever that is in the guard rotation. It is what it is.

Herro will be a boost of the bench if that’s what’s in play for him. He needs to embrace it.

Aren’t you one of the ones waiting in the shadows to drag Duncan when he has an off shooting game and throw out the “I thought we didn’t need Herro” comments though?! Don’t switch up now brother!!
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat