ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers - Monday, March 18 @ 7:30pm est

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Re: Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers - Monday, March 18 @ 7:30pm est 

Post#241 » by Pokuokic » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:21 am

When Can Crushing goes wrong OP.
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#242 » by Bmaster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We gotta get Bam help this summer, there’s no way around it. He needs a legit running mate over the course of the season while Jimmy give 30% effort and misses 20+ games. Herros shown he’s clearly not that guy, Rozier isn’t explosive enough

Who're you targeting?

See who shakes free and go for there. I’m praying the Cavs implode in the playoffs again and we can get in the Mitchell sweepstakes. Will never happen but Kyrie is still elite, epsecially without Luka. Bucks implode maybe Dame asks out to get where he wants and we send the Wisconsin kid home, dame like Kyrie is unreal without Giannis still.

Someone will shake free

Don't want dame on heat. Going to cost too much to get him and his remaining years in his contract are too much as he is declining just like we went through with Kyle Lowry.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#243 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:22 am

Enso wrote:
gom wrote:Struggling to see Rozier being worth a FRP. smdh

Interesting that you came away with this after watching him tonight. Don't think he was bad at all, besides some bad shots on O and limitations on D thought he was solid.

LOL, its like I watching the Herro discussions all over again. He scores when we needed it, he was the only one aggressive, he hit big shots and got us out of this run on this quarter, so what if he is a little bit inefficient and also bad on defense.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#244 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Enso wrote:
gom wrote:Struggling to see Rozier being worth a FRP. smdh

Interesting that you came away with this after watching him tonight. Don't think he was bad at all, besides some bad shots on O and limitations on D thought he was solid.

LOL, its like I watching the Herro discussions all over again. He scores when we needed it, he was the only one aggressive, he hit big shots and got us out of this run on this quarter, so what if he is a little bit inefficient and also bad on defense.

Rozier's not been good nor efficient, but his calculated ORTG has been rising since his terrible beginning but it's not where you'd expect it to be based on the price Miami paid. Rozier's now tied with Herro on ORTG at 108 but his TS% is right below .500 which is horrible and in just March it's still horrible .521 but a 110 ORTG. I've been highly disappointed with his play; the last 2 games were situations where he needed to shine but he only scored 37 points on 41 shots, I think a lot of players could put up those types of points on that amount of shots.

The hope is that at some point everything starts to work for Rozier enough where he's average with his efficiency, making teams worry about his speed and allowing him to create some decent shots for his teammates while not turning over the ball but that's not really happened. I think it's fair to start calling out Rozier now that he's been with the Heat for 21 games now, if anything, his offense should be looking better than it is currently.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 370

Post#245 » by NightWatch » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 am

Is there a reason why bam couldn’t give us 40 points and 20 rebounds in this game when he’s looking to secure supermax contract this summer?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#246 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 pm

NightWatch wrote:Is there a reason why bam couldn’t give us 40 points and 20 rebounds in this game when he’s looking to secure supermax contract this summer?

He's really not that guy and he expends way too much energy on the defensive end. He's a great #2 or #3 while being all-defensive level on the defensive end. Rozier should have been more help than he was.

Another call out, Jaquez Jr, the last 2 games he's went 9 for 27 for 24 points.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,018

Post#247 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Bmaster wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Who're you targeting?

See who shakes free and go for there. I’m praying the Cavs implode in the playoffs again and we can get in the Mitchell sweepstakes. Will never happen but Kyrie is still elite, epsecially without Luka. Bucks implode maybe Dame asks out to get where he wants and we send the Wisconsin kid home, dame like Kyrie is unreal without Giannis still.

Someone will shake free

Don't want dame on heat. Going to cost too much to get him and his remaining years in his contract are too much as he is declining just like we went through with Kyle Lowry.

We’d be top 5 for championship favorites right now with Dame pretty easily.

Averaging 32-4-10 without giannis this season, small sample size but his role here would be similar to that and he’d be in the MVP convo.

Lowry doesn’t compare to him in any way whatsoever
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#248 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:Bam only playing 32 minutes and only getting 10 FG attempts in a big game like this without Butler just shouldn't happen. Especially when he has it going like he did tonight, AND no Embiid to counter him! Now I know he can tend to be a bit passive, but I blame Spo for not making sure he gets more touches and shots. Spo went to him like crazy when he was struggling last week and it probably cost us a game. Now he doesn't go to him when he's on fire even from deep hahaha. Spo is pretty whack sometimes and It's getting hard to take. Bam took 8 shots that weren't 3s and managed 1 trip to the line in a game with no Butler and no Embiid. Oh and he only had 1 PF so that wasn't an issue at all either. It's baffling....

its not a bit its MOST of the time
He's not an aggressive player sadly

Dude averages 25-13-5 without Herro and Jimmy, I wouldn’t call that passive. Was he a few seasons ago? Sure, but players develop and change their habits. He takes 15 shots a game on the season while sacrificing his game for others.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#249 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Herro still has another week or 2 off they announced, this needs to be his last season in a Heat jersey

Dude is too fragile at this point and I'm not sure another team would want him

Unfortunately you’re probably right, should’ve traded him after his rookie season or 6MOY season
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#250 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 pm

SerialChiller wrote:Bam only playing 32 minutes and only getting 10 FG attempts in a big game like this without Butler just shouldn't happen. Especially when he has it going like he did tonight, AND no Embiid to counter him! Now I know he can tend to be a bit passive, but I blame Spo for not making sure he gets more touches and shots. Spo went to him like crazy when he was struggling last week and it probably cost us a game. Now he doesn't go to him when he's on fire even from deep hahaha. Spo is pretty whack sometimes and It's getting hard to take. Bam took 8 shots that weren't 3s and managed 1 trip to the line in a game with no Butler and no Embiid. Oh and he only had 1 PF so that wasn't an issue at all either. It's baffling....

Spos gameplan was complete dog ****, he should’ve played like 38-40 minutes too
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#251 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:33 pm

NightWatch wrote:Is there a reason why bam couldn’t give us 40 points and 20 rebounds in this game when he’s looking to secure supermax contract this summer?

:lol:
#FreeBam
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,782

Post#252 » by al bondiga » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 pm

This was a Great game
And the heat are not accustomed To give us great games until The very last games of the season or the playoffs... And maybe One now and then

By the way Rozier was very good... not like they say here.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#253 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 pm

al bondiga wrote:This was a Great game
And the heat are not accustomed To give us great games until The very last games of the season or the playoffs... And maybe One now and then

Very good? Going against a not very good defensive backcourt dropping 20 points on 21 shots with 3 TOs doesn't seem very good. His calculated ORTG for the game was 85 which basically confirms what I saw and what's sad is that only Bam, Highsmith and Bryant had higher ORTGs in the game.

For reference, you can go here on nba.com and watch all of Rozier's shots from yesterday.

I still have hope for Rozier but that hope is fading, I expected more than inefficient scoring on volume attempts by this point with him. He's not just barely missing open shots where you could say he's just a little off, he's missing open shots badly.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#254 » by Daffy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 pm

Bmaster wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Who're you targeting?

Someone will shake free

Yall gotta stop comparing Dame and Lowry.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Post#255 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm

Its very very blatant how the refs are evaluating fouls have changed. Its as if they are not calling fouls unless you hit the offensive player hands anything below the elbow is game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#256 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:49 pm

AirP. wrote:

Very good? Going against a not very good defensive backcourt dropping 20 points on 21 shots with 3 TOs doesn't seem very good. His calculated ORTG for the game was 85 which basically confirms what I saw and what's sad is that only Bam, Highsmith and Bryant had higher ORTGs in the game.

For reference, you can go here on nba.com and watch all of Rozier's shots from yesterday.

I still have hope for Rozier but that hope is fading, I expected more than inefficient scoring on volume attempts by this point with him. He's not just barely missing open shots where you could say he's just a little off, he's missing open shots badly.

Dont like Terry's game, way too streaky and inconsistent with his shot and his defense is nonexistent. This is not the player we needed.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#257 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 pm

twix2500 wrote:Its very very blatant how the refs are evaluating fouls have changed. Its as if they are not calling fouls unless you hit the offensive player hands anything below the elbow is game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's odd that so many think Joe Dumars and Monty McCutchen were lying on the Lowe Post podcast when they gave their reasoning why there's been a change, the thing they kept saying was that they were striving for consistency. To me it makes perfect sense because the easiest way to achieve consistency on foul calls across the NBA with different levels of refs is to only call the easy and most blatant fouls and quit trying to catch the other fouls that may or may not have happened. I tend to believe refs have been making calls they're not even seeing clearly based on a player's history or a specific type of play that typically leads to a foul and now they've cut down the times they're doing that, now they're basically calling fouls when they absolutely know or strongly believe it happened. This might also be part of the reason why the playoffs seem to be a different type of game than the regular season, it may be as simple as refs limit presuming a foul happened and must see them.

Whatever it is, it's a better brand of basketball to me.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#258 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:20 pm

I'm still trying to wrap my head around just 32 min for Bam when he wasn't anywhere close to any sort of foul trouble in an important game like that....just wow.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#259 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Dont like Terry's game, way too streaky and inconsistent with his shot and his defense is nonexistent. This is not the player we needed.

It’s like the front office got a poor man’s version of Herro in Terry especially when one factors defense.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#260 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:42 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Very good? Going against a not very good defensive backcourt dropping 20 points on 21 shots with 3 TOs doesn't seem very good. His calculated ORTG for the game was 85 which basically confirms what I saw and what's sad is that only Bam, Highsmith and Bryant had higher ORTGs in the game.

It’s like the front office got a poor man’s version of Herro in Terry especially when one factors defense.

Almost like they have an exit strategy from Herro when they make some big changes this summer. I don't know about you, but I don't think a Rozier/Herro backcourt is going to be that successful in the playoffs. They added a smaller in price and years scorer as they pivot their build. I think in the future they want those FGA Herro's taking being more spread out to players like Jaquez Jr and Jovic.

As Butler fades in the next few years, I expect Jaquez Jr to pick up some of his role and who knows how Jovic's size and skillset will change what Spoelstra wants to do offensively.

Return to Miami Heat