ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS V. PELI, 3/22/24 8PM!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,008

Re: MIEMI HEATS V. PELI, 3/22/24 8PM!!!! 

Post#161 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:46 pm

insfo wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I knew Bam with a bad back clamped Zion but he only had 4 points? I didn’t realize it was that bad. No ingram, Zion completely shut down, and we still lose by 30 :lol:

Im 100% certain that our coaching choices will lead to a shortened career for Bam. He exerts a ton of energy on defense and those reps will take time off of his clock. I think Spo is a great coach, but nobody is perfect and putting unbalanced, small ball lineups is a fatal flaw of his.

That's called maximizing your potential. I know this might come off as condescending, but not meant that way at all! I mean, you are saying that we reduce the 1 thing that he's good at, that he's made a name for himself at. That's the perimeter defense. We love to crow about how he's clamping down on players, but we can't also turn around and complain that he's being asked to do too much. Do you really think he'll be the player he is if he hangs around at the rim on defense and takes 3 pointers all day?

My problem is that hes never had a clear running mate for post defense. Hes tasked with guarding the ENTIRE halfcourt. Hes guarding the 3 point shooter then racing to the rim a lot. Its taxing and overstresses him. Hes also expected to carry an offensive load for us. Id love to have a guy like Derrick Lively or Kelel Ware, that archetype, to supplement and AUGMENT his abilities. I dont think we augment his skills defensively at all. Hes THE defense. We surround him with wings.

Return to Miami Heat