ImageImageImage

Lost season... Too early to tell??

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,782

Lost season... Too early to tell?? 

Post#1 » by al bondiga » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:51 pm

For me... It's a bit too early... There is no question our team barely nba top 10...

I dislike the direction Management And coaching has taken with bam, he Has been Ordered to play the center position since he began And his heart, Athleticism and playing characteristics are of a power Forward

Herro's The development is still on track, But I am a bit disappointed with his competitiveness

jb Is frustrated... We thought he was more, The whole team, including management and coaching thought he was more and even he thought he was more, But the truth is he has done all he could And has even exceeded expectations
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Re: Lost season... Too early to tell?? 

Post#2 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:02 pm

It was lost the moment Dame went to Milwaukee
al bondiga
Starter

Post#3 » by al bondiga » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:58 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:It was lost the moment Dame went to Milwaukee
Perhaps you're right, but I think he was never that close to coming to Miami Really
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,554

Post#4 » by One_and_Done » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:58 am

If your goal was to win a title then the Butler era was lost the moment you missed out on Dame.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
al bondiga
Starter

Post#5 » by al bondiga » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:25 pm

One_and_Done wrote:

If your goal was to win a title then the Butler era was lost the moment you missed out on Dame.

Trying to explain my thoughts a little bit better... I don't see this as the JB era, I see it as a bam era... That is why I'm so pissed at the way they have screwed with bam's mind and game... He has becomed a Very good player, maybe an allstar for life... but he could have been a superstar, If they had taught His game type could never be that of a great center, but a Great-Power forward and leader... but perhaps its him that wants to be only a center.

My new hopes are on Herro to be the leader If bam doesn't get it together the next year an a half... When jb got here he was already too old And set on his ways
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Post#6 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:34 pm

this and this and pretty much this
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Post#7 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:37 pm

al bondiga wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:

Trying to explain my thoughts a little bit better... I don't see this as the JB era, I see it as a bam era... That is why I'm so pissed at the way they have screwed with bam's mind and game... He has becomed a Very good player, maybe an allstar for life... but he could have been a superstar, If they had taught His game type could never be that of a great center, but a Great-Power forward and leader... but perhaps its him that wants to be only a center.

My new hopes are on Herro to be the leader If bam doesn't get it together the next year an a half... When jb got here he was already too old And set on his ways
i humbly disagree jimmy is the alpha dog in this team. bam eats seconds after jimmy

jimbo was brought here to win championships (allegedly)

when jimbo scores well we tend to win, when bam does it ......
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#8 » by SerialChiller » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 pm

al bondiga wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:

Yikes...please dont get your hopes up too high.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#9 » by Deivork » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:33 pm

Hi there. Checking in from the outside. I wondered how the heat did this season. We wondered in the GB if the Heat had another gear for the playoffs like previous years. Thanks
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#10 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:02 pm

Deivork wrote:Hi there. Checking in from the outside. I wondered how the heat did this season. We wondered in the GB if the Heat had another gear for the playoffs like previous years. Thanks

We are pretty used to Spo tinkering with lineups throughout the season and Butler being passive to open up opportunities for other teammates to showcase their skills and develop roles.

Weve had a ton of injuries to important pieces this year and that is worrisome. If each of our pieces operates at a high level then we can beat anyone. However, weve had zero consistency this year and at some point you have to wonder if we can just flip the switch or if any of our guys can make it deep into the playoffs with how our style stresses our players physical limits.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#11 » by Deivork » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:53 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Deivork wrote:Hi there. Checking in from the outside. I wondered how the heat did this season. We wondered in the GB if the Heat had another gear for the playoffs like previous years. Thanks

We are pretty used to Spo tinkering with lineups throughout the season and Butler being passive to open up opportunities for other teammates to showcase their skills and develop roles.

Weve had a ton of injuries to important pieces this year and that is worrisome. If each of our pieces operates at a high level then we can beat anyone. However, weve had zero consistency this year and at some point you have to wonder if we can just flip the switch or if any of our guys can make it deep into the playoffs with how our style stresses our players physical limits.

Thanks very much! Very useful. Having watched very little from them, what you tell me and what I've grasped coalign. Respect.

Edit: so do you mean to say that the team suffers so many injuries because Spo makes them play hard? Is that a consensus opinion?
al bondiga
Starter

Post#12 » by al bondiga » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Very good take on The way this team functions
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#13 » by gom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm

Deivork wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Thanks very much! Very useful. Having watched very little from them, what you tell me and what I've grasped coalign. Respect.

Edit: so do you mean to say that the team suffers so many injuries because Spo makes them play hard? Is that a consensus opinion?

Spo makes them want to play harder than they are used to playing. He is all about competitiveness, and we tend to get those players who really care too. The ones who don't buy in, don't play and are soon traded. On the other hand, some players overplay and get hurt. I wouldn't put it all on Spo though. Pat Riley is here too. ;-)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#14 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:23 pm

Once the playoffs start, the Heat gonna provem all wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,206

Post#15 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Yea its too early
we play better in the playoffs/play in
al bondiga
Starter

Post#16 » by al bondiga » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:54 pm

but!
There is something to be said about the fact that it is the whole thing that matters not just ending
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,171

Post#17 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:59 pm

Deivork wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I wouldn't put any stock into injuries being a product of Miami's style of play.

If Miami manages to get healthy, they're a tough out in the playoffs. The coaching staff has them well prepared and Miami has a pretty deep rotation:

Bam / Bryant
Jovic / JJJ / Love
Butler / Martin / Highsmith
Herro / Robinson
Rozier / Wright / Mills / Richardson

Assuming everyone is available, I am going to assume the rotation will be:

Bam/
Butler /JJJ
Martin
Rozier / Robinson
Herro / Wright

With sporadic appearances by Highsmith, Jovic, and Bryant

Miami is still a miserable team on offense, and that is kind of its Achilles' heel. Miami got crazy hot from 3 last year, and they were able to outlast the Celtics despite an almost impossible choke job, but they just couldn't maintain such obscene 3-point shooting. My guess is Miami is probably going to need something along those lines to manage to get past whoever they might face in the playoffs.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#18 » by gom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:53 am

Nights like these make me wonder.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat