ImageImageImage

Heat/Cavs 6PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Re: Heat/Cavs 6PM EST 

Post#81 » by JonFromVA » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:58 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Remember when Emoni Bates was THE number one prospect coming out of high school? He was the next phenom with all the pub.

It’s always an interesting thought puzzle to consider if we got it wrong or they missed a key point in their development to ‘inevitable’ stardom or a little bit of both, when a certain star player doesn’t happen. (More likely that there is no certainty and it’s just popular myth)

I think its more just a lack of knowledge about a player and their game. Im a prime example. Ive bought into the "propoganda" more times than I care to admit. Im not accomplished enough or studied enough to know each players particular skillset or the amount of real savvy and maturity they have.

I think with Emoni, you can look at a lot of the red flags he had, but the snake oil salesmen want you to believe in the fantasy as to what he could be if he had the mental makeup of the true stars of this league. Its a rare breed....

Emoni was way ahead of the curve as a young player. The hype was real, but there's a whole lot that was mismanaged from point A to point B - most of it well documented at this point.

He has a high level feel for the game, but is neither strong nor quick and now has to make up for years of skill and physical development that was allowed to stall out.

Return to Miami Heat