ImageImageImage

Heat vs Warriors - Tues March 26th 7:30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,004

Re: Heat vs Warriors - Tues March 26th 7:30PM EST 

Post#121 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:49 am

Remember that one time we scored 5 points in the 2nd half against the Warriors?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,952

Post#122 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 am

Feel like Caleb has been trash lately.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#123 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 am

Alondes sighting
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#124 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 am

Even our scrubs look like chit lol
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:I have zero confidence in this team this year. Not even mad. This is who we are.

I strongly doubt we can conjure the magic for another run to the ECF.

I can't believe how long Herro has now been out for. Bloke has been out for over a month now. It has happened far too many times in his career to date. He needs to get back ASAP so we can start to build some reps with him before the play-in which we inevitably will be in.

I think we are going to have to suffer for about 6 more years as our team follows through with its off center system and injuries. At some point the friction will lead to a change.

I feel like we are a other iteration of the the 90s Heat where we tried a method that was excruciating to watch/follow.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,781

Post#126 » by Shewasfly » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:54 am

Wiltside wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:This is the big 3 some of us want us to invest our future in: Bam, JJJ, and Jokic.

And like I said, who is going to score? Who is going to create???

As of now, this team goes as far as Jimmy drags it, and that's scary as a future outlook because this is the last year that I expect him to seriously be able to do it at a high level.

Jimmy is our alpha, so I don't disagree there, but JJJ and Jovic are not finished products. They're developing. Part of that is dealing with the warts and all that happens during a regular season as they work on their games in real time.

We might end up being one of those 'almost' teams. Sucks, but it is what it is at this point.

Def understand that they're still developing. But for me, I don't see the potential for them to be "big 3" caliber type of guys. I'd love if it works out that way, and as is, we may have to go with them regardless of whether we actually believe in them or not. But I think at best its a treadmill team.

You could see Anthony Edwards was on the trajectory he was on early. You could see it with SGA, with Ja, with Donovan Mitchell. I don't think any of our 3, good to even great in Bam's case as they may have the potential to be, have that trajectory to bank on.
:tiredJB:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 am

Shewasfly wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:This is the big 3 some of us want us to invest our future in: Bam, JJJ, and Jokic.

As of now, this team goes as far as Jimmy drags it, and that's scary as a future outlook because this is the last year that I expect him to seriously be able to do it at a high level.

Jimmy is our alpha, so I don't disagree there, but JJJ and Jovic are not finished products. They're developing. Part of that is dealing with the warts and all that happens during a regular season as they work on their games in real time.

We might end up being one of those 'almost' teams. Sucks, but it is what it is at this point.

Def understand that they're still developing. But for me, I don't see the potential for them to be "big 3" caliber type of guys. I'd love if it works out that way, and as is, we may have to go with them regardless of whether we actually believe in them or not. But I think at best its a treadmill team.

You could see Anthony Edwards was on the trajectory he was on early. You could see it with SGA, with Ja, with Donovan Mitchell. I don't think any of our 3, good to even great in Bam's case as they may have the potential to be, have that trajectory to bank on.

If you plan on winning anything, you better get that alpha. Thats the only way to win it all. Its too bad, as we have a lot of pieces I like a lot.

For example, add Ant or Wemby to this team. My positive outlook goes through the roof
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,781

Post#128 » by Shewasfly » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 am

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:I have zero confidence in this team this year. Not even mad. This is who we are.

I strongly doubt we can conjure the magic for another run to the ECF.

I can't believe how long Herro has now been out for. Bloke has been out for over a month now. It has happened far too many times in his career to date. He needs to get back ASAP so we can start to build some reps with him before the play-in which we inevitably will be in.

It doesn't help that the staff is so mum on wtf is actually the problem. I feel like any day now they're going to admit he sustained some season ending injury like they did with JRich. And all on that little ass hyperextension he had. At that point we can definitely just wrap the season up because we're thin enough as is in terms of scoring. Rozier ain't it, especially on his own, and we need other points of attack outside of Jimmy. Bam is there but its still not his strongest suit and I think we work even better with him as a finisher anyway.
:tiredJB:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#129 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:01 am

Shewasfly wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Oh for sure they don't have that kind of ceiling. Both Niko and JJJ have above average NBA starter potential, I wouldn't say All-Star or All-NBA calibre. Peak Niko could be a 14/7/4 type guy, JJJ maybe a 17/5/4?

Our best chance to add a player of that ilk is more than likely via trade when someone gets disgruntled. We had our chance with Dame and phucked it, simply can't miss next time the opportunity strikes. It may not be in Jimmy's timeline, but if you added a legit 1A offensive option to Bam and a developed Jovic and JJJ, that's a solid 4 players to work around as the next iteration of Heat ball. Either that, or they become trade options to get players who fit even better.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Post#130 » by twix2500 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:09 am

I'm done watching unless the Heat make the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:10 am

twix2500 wrote:I'm done watching unless the Heat make the playoffs

Me too. Finished. Love these dudes but im not a sadomasochist.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#132 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 am

DayofMourning wrote:

Me too. Finished. Love these dudes but im not a sadomasochist.

Watching this team is like a stiletto to the balls every time.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#133 » by dolphinatik » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:25 am

I still cant get over how casual Heat are in these games. No urgency at all.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,066

Post#134 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:29 am

I warned you weeks ago when you were posting standings watch nonsense, this team doesn’t give a fuxk. Lightning won’t strike twice, we’re done for
#FreeBam
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,422

Post#135 » by Rapaz » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 am

Butler — DNP Illness
Herro — DNP Foot
Robinson — DNP Back
Love — DNP Heel
Rapaz — DNW* Boycott

*Did Not Watch
ZoStrong
Junior
And1: 807

Post#136 » by ZoStrong » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:04 am

Are u freaking stupid or just not listening? Some of us want them as the core players of the future, NOT BIG THREE of the future!!!
ZoStrong
Junior
And1: 807

Post#137 » by ZoStrong » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 am

Besides two of them are basically just starting their career. Don't base their future w their current play
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,604

Post#138 » by marson » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:11 am

I swear this team just wants the 7th seed to have a matchup with the Bucks. Spo and Jimmy are tanking so hard
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#139 » by Pokuokic » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 am

Highsmith should never be called Jagsmith after these last two games.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#140 » by dolphinatik » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 am

marson wrote:I swear this team just wants the 7th seed to have a matchup with the Bucks. Spo and Jimmy are tanking so hard

i feel that too but circumstances happen. After watching the Gators and Dolphins get bounced early I dont want Heat thinking they can just turn it on when they want.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington

Return to Miami Heat