ImageImageImage

Heat vs Knicks Tuesday 4/2 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,507

Re: Heat vs Knicks Tuesday 4/2 7:30pm EST 

Post#201 » by batterybro42 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:08 am

fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Get those FUXKIN BUMS OFF HAYWOOD HIGHSMITHS COURT!!!!! Terry is the star tonight but Haywood is the X factor!!

Spo finally freed Terry so I removed it from my sig

Real confidence is building with Highsmith after a slump. His defense on Brunson is the equalizer vs the Knicks.

He’s playing really good basketball right now becoming a glue guy. He’s going to play himself into getting paid next year as he’s turned into a legitimate 3/D wing
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,880

Post#202 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:08 am

Shewasfly wrote:Honestly...if we can string together a nice win streak and look really dominant, its the perfect "excuse" to bring Herro off the bench if/when he comes back from his ramp up. That's not a knock on him, he is easily top 5 on the roster, but it'd be a hell of a thing to have that type of firepower coming off the bench in the playoffs. Especially when we're facing other teams at full strength.

I agree with this. It’s a no brainer at this point. Herro don’t have a leg to stand on no pun intended other then to fully embrace the role going into the playoffs
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,065

Post#203 » by Wiltside » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:09 am

batterybro42 wrote:Terry
Jimmy
Highsmith
Martin
Bam
Jamie
Love
Robinson
Jovic
Herro

That’s your playoff rotation

I think it’s really good

Rozier
Robinson
Butler
Jovic
Adebayo

Herro
Martin
Highsmith
Love

I think Jaime is gonna be on the outside for playoffs. Spo typically only goes 8-9 deep. If Niko struggles, could also see him benched for Highsmith at the 4 depending on matchups.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,698

Post#204 » by marson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:10 am

Jovic has taken on the role of starter while Highsmith shines as the closer. Spo figured it out. Both players make crucial contributions in their respective roles.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#205 » by Wiltside » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:10 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Honestly...if we can string together a nice win streak and look really dominant, its the perfect "excuse" to bring Herro off the bench if/when he comes back from his ramp up. That's not a knock on him, he is easily top 5 on the roster, but it'd be a hell of a thing to have that type of firepower coming off the bench in the playoffs. Especially when we're facing other teams at full strength.

I agree with this. It’s a no brainer at this point. Herro don’t have a leg to stand on no pun intended other then to fully embrace the role going into the playoffs

Has been out too long now to be reintegrated in the first unit. If he can get himself healthy, he will be a huge addition for the second unit though and have more offensive freedom to do his thing.
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,507

Post#206 » by batterybro42 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:11 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Herro
Jamie
Robinson
Jovic
Love

Exciting whites bench mob
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#207 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:11 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Checking in to give scary terry his flowers

Miss you daddy

Been busy. Work, Travel soccer, spring break perfect storm
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#208 » by fishfuego. » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:11 am

Rapaz wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:Rozier the Razor.
Man now we can say what an acquisition.

Pat Riley playing four-dimensional nude chess.

Yup, all exposed and free :nod:
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,862

Post#209 » by Shewasfly » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:11 am

fishfuego. wrote:

For sure. No excuse needed, just common sense.

It really wasn't honestly, until lately where its looked like Rozier has finally found his groove. I'm honestly not even sold on Duncan as a starter in the slightest, but I'm also not sold on Tyler being able to play the Bam hand off/off ball shooter role since he's not really been asked to play that way.
:tiredJB:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#210 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:13 am

Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Has been out too long now to be reintegrated in the first unit. If he can get himself healthy, he will be a huge addition for the second unit though and have more offensive freedom to do his thing.

It’s a championship caliber move that could mirror Spurs Ginobili. Sometimes things happen for a reason or blessings in disguise
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#211 » by fishfuego. » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:15 am

Shewasfly wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:

For sure. No excuse needed, just common sense.

It really wasn't honestly, until lately where its looked like Rozier has finally found his groove. I'm honestly not even sold on Duncan as a starter in the slightest, but I'm also not sold on Tyler being able to play the Bam hand off/off ball shooter role since he's not really been asked to play that way.

I agree with all.
Tyler and even Robinson can bring that scoring punch from the second unit, but I think Robinson when on is the great spacer, but when off he can be a momentum killer. Spo needs to play it by ear.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#212 » by Wiltside » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:16 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I agree with this. It’s a no brainer at this point. Herro don’t have a leg to stand on no pun intended other then to fully embrace the role going into the playoffs

It’s a championship caliber move that could mirror Spurs Ginobili. Sometimes things happen for a reason or blessings in disguise

HERRNOBILI!

Has a nice ring to it tbh
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by marson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:16 am

If we had Scary Terry during the last finals, we could have added another punch against the Nuggets and who knows that may have gone to 7 games. Lowry and Vincent invisible in that series.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#214 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:19 am

fishfuego. wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:For sure. No excuse needed, just common sense.

I agree with all.
Tyler and even Robinson can bring that scoring punch from the second unit, but I think Robinson when on is the great spacer, but when off he can be a momentum killer. Spo needs to play it by ear.

I never liked the potential Herro and Rozier starting backcourt anyway due to the extreme defensive liability and offensive overlapping of the two. Herro staggering with Rozier off the bench is logical at this point. I do hope too see more Delon Wright though mixed in with Herro off the bench as that could be a really good pairing.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,240

Post#215 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:23 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#216 » by fishfuego. » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:28 am

marson wrote:Jovic has taken on the role of starter while Highsmith shines as the closer. Spo figured it out. Both players make crucial contributions in their respective roles.

Yup, I think that with Jovic is the stamina part of a developing body, but Spo has to play it by ear depending on the matchups. At one point the Knicks’ big was scoring over the top of the key at will. That was a lack of size, and I thought that Jovic size and smart D could’ve disrupted those shots. That was when the Heat were playing zone D and NY was bringing Bam out while parking the big shooter on top of the key
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#217 » by marson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:30 am

Locksmith and Caleb will play a significant role against Tatum and Brown in the rematch. It's unfortunate we lost JRich; he could have made another defensive impact.

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,156

Post#218 » by SerialChiller » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:31 am

In his last 3 games Terry has made 19 3pters on 59.4% shooting from deep.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,030

Post#219 » by carnageta » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:36 am

Just feels like last week Terry was out there airballing threes in a close loss in Denver.
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#220 » by fishfuego. » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:38 am

carnageta wrote:Just feels like last week Terry was out there airballing threes in a close loss in Denver.

He has found his groove and no longer a deer under the light. Acclamation is real.

Return to Miami Heat