ImageImageImage

The mystery of New York Knick fans

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

BringTheHeat
Ballboy
And1: 102

The mystery of New York Knick fans 

Post#1 » by BringTheHeat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:37 am

Somebody, please help me understand these fans because their behavior is mind boggling.

It is safe to say up until the last few years where they have gain some relevancy (finally), that Knicks have been the absolute biggest joke in the NBA for the past 2 decades. Just colossal failures one after another. Whether it’d be **** the bed in the draft or free agency, absolute joke of a front office and 1 million coaching changes. **** even Kevin Durant chose Brooklyn over them lol.

But for someone who doesn’t watch basketball much, they wouldn’t know how pathetic of a franchise they have been. The way these fans act when their team tastes any tiny lick of success, they immediately get cocky, crown themselves the team to beat. Last year before our series began with them, Knick fans on this board woulda bet their house and life savings that their team was going to destroy us… basically that we had no chance to win lol. We weren’t going to have an answer for their “size” and Jalen Brunson. Obviously we know how that ended. The delusion with these fans is a phenomenon that truly needs to be studied. These idiots can’t even wait till they at least get to an ECF before they get on their high horse.

I can’t stand Celtic fans, but at least they have a lot to brag about. Their history speaks for itself. Obviously they have put together a tremendous team full of talent. Won championships and been to the finals. We’ve definitely have had our battles with them.

New York Knick fans can’t honestly say with a straight face they can touch the culture we have built, the organization and success we have accomplished. They are the epitome of cocky fans with nothing to show for it. They need to get another dose of humble pie these playoffs once again.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: The mystery of New York Knick fans 

Post#2 » by gom » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:11 am

You should respect the Knicks and their fans. In the 90s they were such a great team. Unlike some teams the Knicks have built a strong team without really tanking. They have a good team now too. We were better last game but they have a 2-1 advantage this season. Last season's playoff series with New York was awesome.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#3 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:40 am

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#4 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:42 am

Knicks had the 6th most favourable calls in last 2 mins over the season. Heat were 10th worst (fairly even, with one more against than for). Amazing to see Lakers and Boston not favourable.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,146

Post#5 » by SerialChiller » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:29 am

BringTheHeat wrote:Somebody, please help me understand these fans because their behavior is mind boggling.

It is safe to say up until the last few years where they have gain some relevancy (finally), that Knicks have been the absolute biggest joke in the NBA for the past 2 decades. Just colossal failures one after another. Whether it’d be **** the bed in the draft or free agency, absolute joke of a front office and 1 million coaching changes. **** even Kevin Durant chose Brooklyn over them lol.

But for someone who doesn’t watch basketball much, they wouldn’t know how pathetic of a franchise they have been. The way these fans act when their team tastes any tiny lick of success, they immediately get cocky, crown themselves the team to beat. Last year before our series began with them, Knick fans on this board woulda bet their house and life savings that their team was going to destroy us… basically that we had no chance to win lol. We weren’t going to have an answer for their “size” and Jalen Brunson. Obviously we know how that ended. The delusion with these fans is a phenomenon that truly needs to be studied. These idiots can’t even wait till they at least get to an ECF before they get on their high horse.

I can’t stand Celtic fans, but at least they have a lot to brag about. Their history speaks for itself. Obviously they have put together a tremendous team full of talent. Won championships and been to the finals. We’ve definitely have had our battles with them.

New York Knick fans can’t honestly say with a straight face they can touch the culture we have built, the organization and success we have accomplished. They are the epitome of cocky fans with nothing to show for it. They need to get another dose of humble pie these playoffs once again.

It's like if you give a starving man a stale piece of bread, he'll swear it's the best food he's ever had. Knicks fans are starving for success, so when they get a little taste of it like finally making the playoffs or something, they start to act like they achieved something amazing and are the best etc :lol:.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,355

Post#6 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:49 pm

Fuxk the Knicks and their fans
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#7 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:50 pm

I have NEVER seen a respectable/knowledgable Knicks fan, those guys were unbearable last playoffs and the other night when Terry bent them over. They legit thought they were a threat to us like they wouldn’t have been swept if Jimmy didn’t get hurt.
#FreeBam
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,509

Post#8 » by Rapaz » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#9 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:54 pm

Rapaz wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2368964

You’re trying to get me banned back to back days :lol:

What a sad fanbase
#FreeBam
BringTheHeat
Ballboy

Post#10 » by BringTheHeat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:00 pm

Randle is out and these losers are blaming jaquez for trying to draw a charge .. LMAO… they’re also praying for an injury to bam. They deserve all the misery they’ve endured all these years. Most insufferable fan base
BringTheHeat
Ballboy

Post#11 » by BringTheHeat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:05 pm

What’s hilarious is that every single one of them trashed Randle so hard and wanted him out. Now all of a sudden their championship aspiration’s are over cause they don’t have him.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,862

Post#12 » by Shewasfly » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:05 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
Read on Twitter

How are they measuring "affected"?

If the game is not close or well at hand, a bad call against them doesn't really make a difference. But in a close game with say less than a 4 point differential at the end, it can change everything.
:tiredJB:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#13 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:09 pm

Shewasfly wrote:How are they measuring "affected"?

If the game is not close or well at hand, a bad call against them doesn't really make a difference. But in a close game with say less than a 4 point differential at the end, it can change everything.

I think it is just wrong calls in the last 2 minutes of a game. I was using it more to support that based on Knicks fans complaints that they are being screwed over, you would think the pattern would show in crucial periods like this too.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,862

Post#14 » by Shewasfly » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:11 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:How are they measuring "affected"?

I think it is just wrong calls in the last 2 minutes of a game. I was using it more to support that based on Knicks fans complaints that they are being screwed over, you would think the pattern would show in crucial periods like this too.

Got it. I only ask because I honestly feel like we get screwed even worse than what that data shows lol
:tiredJB:
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,513

Post#15 » by KDS91 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:54 pm

gom wrote:You should respect the Knicks and their fans

Screw that. It will ALWAYS be f*** the Knicks as far as I'm concerned.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,808

Post#16 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:57 pm

gom wrote:You should respect the Knicks and their fans. In the 90s they were such a great team. Unlike some teams the Knicks have built a strong team without really tanking. They have a good team now too. We were better last game but they have a 2-1 advantage this season. Last season's playoff series with New York was awesome.

you forgot the green font
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#17 » by gom » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:11 pm

greg4012 wrote:
gom wrote:You should respect the Knicks and their fans. In the 90s they were such a great team. Unlike some teams the Knicks have built a strong team without really tanking. They have a good team now too. We were better last game but they have a 2-1 advantage this season. Last season's playoff series with New York was awesome.

I love watching New York vs Miami. Just ignore the idiot fans. Every fan base has such.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,808

Post#18 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:27 pm

gom wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

I love watching New York vs Miami. Just ignore the idiot fans. Every fan base has such.

But that's the topic of this thread
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,917

Post#19 » by KingDavid » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:36 pm

Damn they're in shambles now fr since Randle is out for the year. That really sucks because when they got og, they were playing the best I've seen in a long time.

Still not an easy out for us if we face them in the playoffs imo, especially if og is playing. Idgaf about the few of them blaming 3J as we did about the same when hart fkd up Jimmy's ankles. It is what it is.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,917

Post#20 » by KingDavid » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:39 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I have NEVER seen a respectable/knowledgable Knicks fan, those guys were unbearable last playoffs and the other night when Terry bent them over. They legit thought they were a threat to us like they wouldn’t have been swept if Jimmy didn’t get hurt.

You've got crazy balls going over there and trolling after we beat them. They have admins and global mods on the Knicks board that frequent there :o
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat