ImageImageImage

Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,913

Re: Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST 

Post#321 » by SoFlaKingReal » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:20 am

carnageta wrote:Sigh.. should have traded away an extra asset for Dejounte Murray instead huh

Wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Butler is checked out. Bam is Draymond-lite.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,756

Post#322 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:23 am

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Making the playoffs seems like a threat towards the fans at this point. Who actually wants to watch this team play more games?

I try not to get upset but this game really annoyed me. Would of rather not watched the second half. Must win, we have momentum late and chit the bed. You have to dig deep and win these types of games. This team baffles me with how bipolar they are. Shouldn’t be surprised though they tortured us all season last year as well.
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,882

Post#323 » by balla345 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:25 am

I’m going to remember this year as the year we can’t execute
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,661

Post#324 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:32 am

The difference in minutes alone shows me everything I needed to know about this game. Spo didn't care about the win. Look at what their guys played vs our guys. Embiid played as much minutes as everybody except Jimmy.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,984

Post#325 » by Wiltside » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:35 am

Jag dribbling the ball off his foot was pure jag
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,168

Post#326 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:40 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Embiid and Maxey played out of their ass, Oubre cooked us, Bam Jimmy and Robinson were trash and they barely beat us. Not worried about them at all when Jimmy starts caring

Dude we’re pretty much a lock for the play in when is it a good time for Jimmy to start caring ? lol

Oh I know it dude but that’s just the cold hard truth of Jimmy. He’s not going to care until game 1 of the playoffs and they don’t care who they’re playing or what seed we are because everyone genuinely believes we can beat them and history shows that we have.

It’s all good until it isn’t, if what we’ve witnessed tonight and in recent games is what we’re going to get from Jimmy on the playoffs there’s some tough decisions to be made
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#327 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:43 am

Wiltside wrote:Jag dribbling the ball off his foot was pure jag

Hard to even be mad at tbh, he fought to potentially get us an extra possession off the Jimmy “**** OT I’m getting out of here now one way or another” 3.

I personally would’ve rather seen a Rozier or Bam 3 point attempt but I’m also a strong believer in living or dying by your star. I would be fuming when someone other than Wade attempted a game winner lol
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#328 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:46 am

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
carnageta wrote:Sigh.. should have traded away an extra asset for Dejounte Murray instead huh

Wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Butler is checked out. Bam is Draymond-lite.

:lol:
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst

Post#329 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:52 am

Why can't at least two of Highsmith, Caleb, and Jaquez have good games together.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#330 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:57 am

Daffy wrote:Why can't at least two of Highsmith, Caleb, and Jaquez have good games together.

Jaquez might be out of the rotation when Herro gets back, what do you think? He has been bad for awhile, just can’t find his early season groove
#FreeBam
Enso
Head Coach

Post#331 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:59 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Embiid and Maxey played out of their ass, Oubre cooked us, Bam Jimmy and Robinson were trash and they barely beat us. Not worried about them at all when Jimmy starts caring

Dude we’re pretty much a lock for the play in when is it a good time for Jimmy to start caring ? lol

Oh I know it dude but that’s just the cold hard truth of Jimmy. He’s not going to care until game 1 of the playoffs and they don’t care who they’re playing or what seed we are because everyone genuinely believes we can beat them and history shows that we have.

It’s all good until it isn’t, if what we’ve witnessed tonight and in recent games is what we’re going to get from Jimmy on the playoffs there’s some tough decisions to be made

That’s all well and dandy but then you get a year like 2021 where you get swept by the bucks. You can have that mentality, of being able to beat anyone anywhere all you want but reality is gonna smack you in the face at some point, like it did that year. It’s hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice, especially like we did last year. For a team that’s constantly talking about consistency, habits and grit, we’ve built the habit of inconsistency and no grit to close out / win important games / stretches.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,657

Post#332 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:00 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

There are only so many times you can pull this crap though, so its fair to say if we get swept out of the first round we can no longer talk about Jimmy not caring in the regular season, and go back to talking about that gawd awful extension that's coming.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#333 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:00 am

Well take Embiid 29 points on 25 shots any night, our guys just have to be better. Jimmy Bam and Terry have to be more efficient than tonight and they will be
#FreeBam
Enso
Head Coach

Post#334 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:02 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Daffy wrote:Why can't at least two of Highsmith, Caleb, and Jaquez have good games together.

Jaquez might be out of the rotation when Herro gets back, what do you think? He has been bad for awhile, just can’t find his early season groove

He might be, but that might kill his confidence even more which you want to avoid for a guy in his first playoffs. Worst timing for him to hit the rookie wall and slump.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#335 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:02 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

That’s all well and dandy but then you get a year like 2021 where you get swept by the bucks. You can have that mentality, of being able to beat anyone anywhere all you want but reality is gonna smack you in the face at some point, like it did that year. It’s hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice, especially like we did last year. For a team that’s constantly talking about consistency, habits and grit, we’ve built the habit of inconsistency and no grit to close out / win important games / stretches.

I agree man but looking at this core the only fluke season was the year we get swept after the shortest offseason in nba history. If we get bounced round 1 big changes have to happen this summer
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst

Post#336 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:03 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

At this point I'd be okay with it. Jaquez hasn't been providing anything recently. It was promising early in the season cause it allowed us to sit Jimmy without losing some of the things Jimmy brought but like you said he can't find that groove anymore.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#337 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:04 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

Yeah only two teams in the history of basketball every got all the way to the finals as an 8th seed, Miami & Knicks, and each only done it once. We could potentially again not get into the playoffs at all by losing both or one of our playing games, and or getting trounced in the first series. The chances of them repeating last years magic is really really low, like so low, I wouldn't bet a hang nail on it. They need to claw and fight to get get back into 6th seed by beating Indiana, and winning the rest of these games.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#338 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:04 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I agree man but looking at this core the only fluke season was the year we get swept after the shortest offseason in nba history. If we get bounced round 1 big changes have to happen this summer

Bounced in the first round or not we need a big change. We need to go after Mitchell, or maybe Dame is he becomes disgruntled. **** I'll even settle for Trae. We need a true bucket getter.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#339 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:07 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

If that is considered a fluke, then so is the bubble playoff run, you can have apple pie without the pie. The fact is everyone was equal and had the same advantage and or disadvantages. So to say the shortened season was a fluke means so was the Bubble season, therefore are true playoffs runs were only 1 ECF beat by the better team in Boston and 1 Finals Destroyed by the better team in Nuggets.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,984

Post#340 » by Wiltside » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:08 am

4th quarters have been our problem all year long. That’s not winning basketball. This team has been together too long, and played in too many big games, to look this poor on both ends when it matters.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat