ImageImageImage

Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,657

Re: Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST 

Post#341 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:10 am

balla345 wrote:I’m going to remember this year as the year we can’t execute

Or the year where the jimmy build starts to head south, because its not ending, were still on lock for his big azz contract and his regular season half azzness. In my heart of hearts I would just let him go elsewhere in his twilight to get that mythical championship that has eluded him with a contender and use the cap space to revamp this team.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,756

Post#342 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:10 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Oh I know it dude but that’s just the cold hard truth of Jimmy. He’s not going to care until game 1 of the playoffs and they don’t care who they’re playing or what seed we are because everyone genuinely believes we can beat them and history shows that we have.

It’s all good until it isn’t, if what we’ve witnessed tonight and in recent games is what we’re going to get from Jimmy on the playoffs there’s some tough decisions to be made

That’s all well and dandy but then you get a year like 2021 where you get swept by the bucks. You can have that mentality, of being able to beat anyone anywhere all you want but reality is gonna smack you in the face at some point, like it did that year. It’s hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice, especially like we did last year. For a team that’s constantly talking about consistency, habits and grit, we’ve built the habit of inconsistency and no grit to close out / win important games / stretches.

I agree man but looking at this core the only fluke season was the year we get swept after the shortest offseason in nba history. If we get bounced round 1 big changes have to happen this summer

Yeah that’s true, both things you said.

Alright I’ll relax now lol
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,168

Post#343 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:10 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
Dude we’re pretty much a lock for the play in when is it a good time for Jimmy to start caring ? lol

Oh I know it dude but that’s just the cold hard truth of Jimmy. He’s not going to care until game 1 of the playoffs and they don’t care who they’re playing or what seed we are because everyone genuinely believes we can beat them and history shows that we have.

It’s all good until it isn’t, if what we’ve witnessed tonight and in recent games is what we’re going to get from Jimmy on the playoffs there’s some tough decisions to be made

There are only so many times you can pull this crap though, so its fair to say if we get swept out of the first round we can no longer talk about Jimmy not caring in the regular season, and go back to talking about that gawd awful extension that's coming.

For sure, I agree 100%. He can’t do this and then **** the bed in the playoffs.
#FreeBam
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,790

Post#344 » by al bondiga » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:13 am

Guys, this wasn't a must win... spo Knew it too well.
It would have been very nice but... Let's face it, We are a Mediocre team, but a pretty good playofs team... To me it means we are incredible at counting pennies

I don't think they will be able to turn it on though, but I hope I'm wrong.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#345 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:13 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Well take Embiid 29 points on 25 shots any night, our guys just have to be better. Jimmy Bam and Terry have to be more efficient than tonight and they will be

Im guessing on that same very metric so would Embiid seeing as hes coming back from an injury on his second game, next time it could be 29 points on 15 shots with 14 free throws 20 rebounds 5 assist 4 blocks. Thinking the other team did its best while we were our worst, both teams played bad basketball. I would take zero grain from this.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#346 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:15 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

There are only so many times you can pull this crap though, so its fair to say if we get swept out of the first round we can no longer talk about Jimmy not caring in the regular season, and go back to talking about that gawd awful extension that's coming.

You know there's a part of the fanbase thats had enough you can already read the t leaves from some of the media, if he craps the bed, they going for his throat, and don't expect an extension north of 20M to play 50% of the games you care about.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#347 » by CanesHeatFins » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:15 am

The game ended the second Spo took Jaquez off the floor
Enso
Head Coach

Post#348 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:16 am

It’s frustrating cause we know this team is capable of locking up a playoff spot at the very least. There’s Boston and then everyone else is so close to each other. There’s no excuse really.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#349 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:18 am

al bondiga wrote:Guys, this wasn't a must win... spo Knew it too well.
It would have been very nice but... Let's face it, We are a Mediocre team, but a pretty good playofs team... To me it means we are incredible at counting pennies

I don't think they will be able to turn it on though, but I hope I'm wrong.

Not tonight, but when we fall on 8th seed and in the playing not getting rest launching a first round series with Boston and them getting revenge taking us to the woodshed well look back and say perhaps if they just won that Philly game and stayed out the playing had a mid series against Cleveland and worked their way to being able to take on Milwaukee or another team next slowly working their playoff aggro towards ECF with Boston, when potentially now you could be coming in with a chip on the shoulder and Boston not as confident, maybe they lost a player to injury by then who knows, it will bite us for sure.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#350 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:20 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:There are only so many times you can pull this crap though, so its fair to say if we get swept out of the first round we can no longer talk about Jimmy not caring in the regular season, and go back to talking about that gawd awful extension that's coming.

You know there's a part of the fanbase thats had enough you can already read the t leaves from some of the media, if he craps the bed, they going for his throat, and don't expect an extension north of 20M to play 50% of the games you care about.

Again to be fair, Jimmy is just mirroring our front office. Can’t get mad a Jimmy without ripping Pat and the front office a new hole. This apathy for the game comes from the top down.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,561

Post#351 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:20 am

Is McBryde okay? I feel like he should've gotten more minutes there in the fourth when things went to chit
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#352 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:21 am

balla345 wrote:I’m going to remember this year as the year we can’t execute

Started in the offseason when they couldn't execute the Dame trade
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#353 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:25 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
That’s all well and dandy but then you get a year like 2021 where you get swept by the bucks. You can have that mentality, of being able to beat anyone anywhere all you want but reality is gonna smack you in the face at some point, like it did that year. It’s hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice, especially like we did last year. For a team that’s constantly talking about consistency, habits and grit, we’ve built the habit of inconsistency and no grit to close out / win important games / stretches.

I agree man but looking at this core the only fluke season was the year we get swept after the shortest offseason in nba history. If we get bounced round 1 big changes have to happen this summer

Yeah that’s true, both things you said.

Alright I’ll relax now lol

I’m annoyed as hell too, have been all season and have been the first to rail into Jimmy (who I love and is my 3rd favorite player ever) but this is just the way it is, it makes regular seasons damn near unbearable as a Heat fan but when the playoffs get here he more times than not makes up for it. He backs what he says when the playoffs get here.

It’s why I don’t understand the “let me know when we get a real leader” nonsense and the Jimmys “not that guy” hot takes speaking in absolutes about his status as a player after a loss in the regular season. All the success we’ve had (we’ve massively exceeded expectations) has been with Jimmy Bam and Spo at the core of everything we do. They have for the most part been surrounded by a very lacking supporting cast in comparison to other contenders but they still always find a way. Maybe the FO should’ve got them a true 3rd running mate and better fits around them a long time ago. I don’t understand how everyone isn’t used to this from Jimmy in the regular season 5 years in.

I have no reason to believe playoff Jimmy won’t show up and the fact we’re 4-5 games being 2nd with how miserable of a season this has been is straight baffling to me, I have no doubt in my mind we can beat any team were going to face in the East and I’ll take my chances in the finals as long as we’re healthy.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#354 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:27 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:There are only so many times you can pull this crap though, so its fair to say if we get swept out of the first round we can no longer talk about Jimmy not caring in the regular season, and go back to talking about that gawd awful extension that's coming.

I’m one of them, I’ll be livid if he gets a large extension. I’d rather him opt out and help us build a better team financially.
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#355 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:29 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Again to be fair, Jimmy is just mirroring our front office. Can’t get mad a Jimmy without ripping Pat and the front office a new hole. This apathy for the game comes from the top down.

Zero excuses from an execution, he is a highly paid athlete, you can pout all you want its understandable but when the clocks starts running you got to bring it or else, he needs to donate his paycheck back to the owner when he feels like playing at half speed.

Everyone's about had enough:
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,824

Post#356 » by Johnny Fontane » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:30 am

Heat games been a tough watch this season. Hoping for the best in the playoffs, but the proper time to nuke the thing may be fast approaching.
Enso
Head Coach

Post#357 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:30 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Many of us have said what I’m about to say. Obviously I’d love for us to get our chit together, get the 6th seed and just compete hard so we can watch some meaningful competitive basketball. Wtv happens happens, just compete.

But theres another part that kinda wants the reality check for Jimmy & co. Last thing we need is him getting some insane extension, selling us wolf tickets into his late 30’s that some mythical championship is coming when he and we can’t even perform to a reasonable degree in the regular season.

Maybe a nice 4-1 first round exit is what we need to shake things up. Where there’s a major roster shake up this off season and then Jimbo realizes he’s gotta take a bit of a pay cut so we can build properly. If he’s gonna play this many games and phone it in half the time it’s only fair.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#358 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:35 am

Johnny Fontane wrote:Heat games been a tough watch this season. Hoping for the best in the playoffs, but the proper time to nuke the thing may be fast approaching.

Start from scratch like I don't like a single piece on this team outside of guys in their small roles, the big dollar guys can all go fly a kite, except for maybe Bam, you could surround him with some actual scorers that don't have limitations.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#359 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:38 am

Enso wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Many of us have said what I’m about to say. Obviously I’d love for us to get our chit together, get the 6th seed and just compete hard so we can watch some meaningful competitive basketball. Wtv happens happens, just compete.

But theres another part that kinda wants the reality check for Jimmy & co. Last thing we need is him getting some insane extension, selling us wolf tickets into his late 30’s that some mythical championship is coming when he and we can’t even perform to a reasonable degree in the regular season.

Maybe a nice 4-1 first round exit is what we need to shake things up. Where there’s a major roster shake up this off season and then Jimbo realizes he’s gotta take a bit of a pay cut so we can build properly. If he’s gonna play this many games and phone it in half the time it’s only fair.

Perhaps that last part, is what we really need to finally let go of this build, perhaps another long Himmy run into the ECF or Finals ends up giving our Front Office false hope to keep this alive longer than it needs to, and provides Jimmy the extension he wants but a detriment to the future of the team.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#360 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:42 am

Yall should be mad we took precious over Maxey on nights like tonight lol.

What happened to Terry injury wise?
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat