ImageImageImage

Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,168

Re: Heat vs 76ers Thursday 4/4 7:30pm EST 

Post#361 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:43 am

We’re more likely to fall to 8 than get 6 by the way, Philly is going to pass us. What’s tiebreaker with Philly? Same record, 2-2 in the season series
#FreeBam
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,756

Post#362 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:45 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I agree man but looking at this core the only fluke season was the year we get swept after the shortest offseason in nba history. If we get bounced round 1 big changes have to happen this summer

Yeah that’s true, both things you said.

Alright I’ll relax now lol

I’m annoyed as hell too, have been all season and have been the first to rail into Jimmy (who I love and is my 3rd favorite player ever) but this is just the way it is, it makes regular seasons damn near unbearable as a Heat fan but when the playoffs get here he more times than not makes up for it. He backs what he says when the playoffs get here.

It’s why I don’t understand the “let me know when we get a real leader” nonsense and the Jimmys “not that guy” hot takes speaking in absolutes about his status as a player after a loss in the regular season. All the success we’ve had (we’ve massively exceeded expectations) has been with Jimmy Bam and Spo at the core of everything we do. They have for the most part been surrounded by a very lacking supporting cast in comparison to other contenders but they still always find a way. Maybe the FO should’ve got them a true 3rd running mate and better fits around them a long time ago. I don’t understand how everyone isn’t used to this from Jimmy in the regular season 5 years in.

I have no reason to believe playoff Jimmy won’t show up and the fact we’re 4-5 games being 2nd with how miserable of a season this has been is straight baffling to me, I have no doubt in my mind we can beat any team were going to face in the East and I’ll take my chances in the finals as long as we’re healthy.

Well that’s the thing, what you’re saying about getting used to the inconsistency should be true in theory but in reality nobody can get used to that lol unless you emotionally detach during the regular season.

If your a fan you invest your time and most importantly your emotions. And if you do that with this team you’re in store for an emotional roller coaster. Psychologically we crave consistency and predictability as humans. This oh we’re just a gritty team squeezing in the playoffs vs oh we’re actually secret world beaters who can reach the finals back and forth is exhausting. There’s no stable identity we can latch on to with this team who knows what the hell we are.

If you zoom out big picture you’re right though. What you described has been Jimmys and our pattern. Guess we can just sit back and see what the hell happens.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#363 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:47 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:
Yeah that’s true, both things you said.

Alright I’ll relax now lol

I’m annoyed as hell too, have been all season and have been the first to rail into Jimmy (who I love and is my 3rd favorite player ever) but this is just the way it is, it makes regular seasons damn near unbearable as a Heat fan but when the playoffs get here he more times than not makes up for it. He backs what he says when the playoffs get here.

It’s why I don’t understand the “let me know when we get a real leader” nonsense and the Jimmys “not that guy” hot takes speaking in absolutes about his status as a player after a loss in the regular season. All the success we’ve had (we’ve massively exceeded expectations) has been with Jimmy Bam and Spo at the core of everything we do. They have for the most part been surrounded by a very lacking supporting cast in comparison to other contenders but they still always find a way. Maybe the FO should’ve got them a true 3rd running mate and better fits around them a long time ago. I don’t understand how everyone isn’t used to this from Jimmy in the regular season 5 years in.

I have no reason to believe playoff Jimmy won’t show up and the fact we’re 4-5 games being 2nd with how miserable of a season this has been is straight baffling to me, I have no doubt in my mind we can beat any team were going to face in the East and I’ll take my chances in the finals as long as we’re healthy.

Well that’s the thing, what you’re saying about getting used to the inconsistency should be true in theory but in reality nobody can get used to that lol unless you emotionally detach during the regular season.

If your a fan you invest your time and most importantly your emotions. And if you do that with this team you’re in store for an emotional roller coaster. Psychologically we crave consistency and predictability as humans. This oh we’re just a gritty team squeezing in the playoffs vs oh we’re actually secret world beaters who can reach the finals back and forth is exhausting. There’s no stable identity we can latch on to with this team who knows what the hell we are.

If you zoom out big picture you’re right though. What you described has been Jimmys and our pattern. Guess we can just sit back and see what the hell happens.

We’re just 2 weeks away, we’re about to have our answers soon!
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,661

Post#364 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:48 am

Can anyone find me the stats of what opponents FG% has been against Wright during his tenure in Miami this season?
Enso
Head Coach

Post#366 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:51 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Yall should be mad we took precious over Maxey on nights like tonight lol.

What happened to Terry injury wise?

I wouldn’t be able to tolerate Maxeys goofey lookin ass on our team. Guys looks like he should be on a Nickelodeon show like Keenan and Kel. Yeah I know I’m an ahole lol
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,824

Post#367 » by Johnny Fontane » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:55 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:Heat games been a tough watch this season. Hoping for the best in the playoffs, but the proper time to nuke the thing may be fast approaching.

Start from scratch like I don't like a single piece on this team outside of guys in their small roles, the big dollar guys can all go fly a kite, except for maybe Bam, you could surround him with some actual scorers that don't have limitations.

Bam, Niko, Jaquez and some scorers could be an option. This team needs a star though and it’s simply too hard to acquire one through trade or signing in today’s nba. Need the next franchise guy to be through the draft… the Wade pick was too long ago
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#368 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:00 am

Daffy wrote:Can anyone find me the stats of what opponents FG% has been against Wright during his tenure in Miami this season?

47%, 2% higher than their averages. Low sample size though
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#369 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:01 am

Enso wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Yall should be mad we took precious over Maxey on nights like tonight lol.

I wouldn’t be able to tolerate Maxeys goofey lookin ass on our team. Guys looks like he should be on a Nickelodeon show like Keenan and Kel. Yeah I know I’m an ahole lol

I think you’d tolerate it when he’s putting up 37-9-11 like tonight :lol:
#FreeBam
Enso
Head Coach

Post#370 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:04 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:

I think you’d tolerate it when he’s putting up 37-9-11 like tonight :lol:

You’re prob right :lol: and yeah two weeks away from getting some answers looking forward to that
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,882

Post#371 » by balla345 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:05 am

I’m 100% we will be a play in team. And also 99% we will lose to the Pacers lol
Enso
Head Coach

Post#372 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:15 am

Last thing I’ll mention, when it comes to us using the zone, we tend to have some success with it in stretch’s but then stick with it too long. The point is not to keep doing it until they break it down, it’s not gonna be successful forever. Use it and if you go in a little run then switch back. The whole point is to keep them off balance.

When we got it to 8 I thought it was a perfect time to switch back to keep them guessing.
Enso
Head Coach

Post#373 » by Enso » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:17 am

balla345 wrote:I’m 100% we will be a play in team. And also 99% we will lose to the Pacers lol

I’m ready for Spos we like to do this the hard way speech lol
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#374 » by Pokuokic » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:29 am

Wiltside wrote:Jag dribbling the ball off his foot was pure jag

Come on the bro the guy turned the game and has been the key in like the last 3-5 games can't be throwing Jagsmith around he will be starting and playing massive minutes in the playoffs. Bam and Jimmy going full beta lost the game.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,984

Post#375 » by Wiltside » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:07 am

Pokuokic wrote:

Come on the bro the guy turned the game and has been the key in like the last 3-5 games can't be throwing Jagsmith around he will be starting and playing massive minutes in the playoffs. Bam and Jimmy going full beta lost the game.

Tbf I only saw bits and pieces of this game as I was working. The only thing I did see was HH dribble the ball off his foot in a crucial moment, which was lol.

He’s been playing well lately, kudos to him for finding his niche.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#376 » by Pokuokic » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:57 am

Wiltside wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:

Tbf I only saw bits and pieces of this game as I was working. The only thing I did see was HH dribble the ball off his foot in a crucial moment, which was lol.

He’s been playing well lately, kudos to him for finding his niche.

Today was the best game I have seen him play he was the Heats best player tonight but yeah that was one of his typical stone hands moments he's good for 1 a game but man he really turned it on today.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,803

Post#377 » by greg4012 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:48 pm

de pinga
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,657

Post#378 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:46 pm

greg4012 wrote:de pinga

The feeling is mutual.
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,719

Post#379 » by twozeroMM » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:26 pm

greg4012 wrote:de pinga

Grande mijo
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,807

Post#380 » by Shewasfly » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:06 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
For sure, I agree 100%. He can’t do this and then **** the bed in the playoffs.

You know there's a part of the fanbase thats had enough you can already read the t leaves from some of the media, if he craps the bed, they going for his throat, and don't expect an extension north of 20M to play 50% of the games you care about.

Again to be fair, Jimmy is just mirroring our front office. Can’t get mad a Jimmy without ripping Pat and the front office a new hole. This apathy for the game comes from the top down.

This is a key point I've been making for awhile. When Jimmy didn't get any real help during the off season or at the deadline, there was a sense of complacency that probably set in. I also believe there's a bit of belief that he's not being invested in and time is just being bided until the FO can snag a true superstar. So its fair in some respects to expect him to give that energy back.

In the second place though, I think the Jimmy not caring stuff is getting overblown regardless. Some games he just doesn't have it. He's no spring chicken anymore. And also his game is very dependent on physicality. And when he doesn't have it going, he's not the type that can just force the issue and have a bad efficiency game but still take over. He's not a superstar like Wade or Lebron or that type. His game is to look to facilitate and affect the game in other ways if he can't get to his spots and hit his shots/get to the line. He's not going to force the issue even when we want him to, it is what it is, that's just who he is. Luckily, 8/10 times he can do whatever he wants. We just have to live with the 2 out of 10.

That said, all the focus on Jimmy is laughable, but par for the course. Even though we saw the consistent pattern last night where when he was on the floor, the team actually looked competent. He just was gassed at the end and began to suck. I wish someone from the bench could have gotten it going at the right moment to keep us afloat, but it didn't happen. This loss was more on Bam who couldn't get it together and was terrible/invisible on both ends of the floor the entire game. No reason Jimmy should need to play a full 4th quarter because our 2nd guy can't get it together enough to provide any stability on either end for him to rest or at the very least have adequate support.
:tiredJB:

Return to Miami Heat