ImageImageImage

Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,060

Re: Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST 

Post#281 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:54 am

KingDavid wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Knicks fans bout to pounce on Bam for that super dirty play.

What'd he do? I missed it.

He boxed out and got his arm tangled with THJ. No harm whatsoever, but I can only imagine the venom building.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#282 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
AirP. wrote:WTF, Herro just dribbles all around the court, gives it to Martin who attacks, has 2 teammates wide open under the basket yet puts up a circus layup and misses. This offense makes me so damn angry.

Caleb gonna get a decent deal this offseason and tbh, he can go. Too many boneheaded plays. Tons of effort though.

100% he gone in free agency for a mid level deal we can’t afford to pay him.

Weve got 13 wings on the roster. Somethings got to give.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,068

Post#283 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
AirP. wrote:WTF, Herro just dribbles all around the court, gives it to Martin who attacks, has 2 teammates wide open under the basket yet puts up a circus layup and misses. This offense makes me so damn angry.

Caleb gonna get a decent deal this offseason and tbh, he can go. Too many boneheaded plays. Tons of effort though.

yeah i expect a few players not coming back after our playoff run,

duncan is gone for good, herro might be as well and martin too as you pointed out

i will not rule out jimmy getting traded either
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#284 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 am

AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Doncic asking for the replay. Ugh, i dislike him so much.

You hate a player who actually competes nearly every game? It at least shows that he's invested in the game unlike some players on the Heat's side.

The constant complaining dude. Constant. He misses a shot. Complains to the refs. He doesnt play D. Complains to the refs. He always complains about everything. Not for me at all.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,784

Post#285 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 am

DayofMourning wrote:Highsmith and Caleb can both go. What was that? Just get it.

Highsmith is utter fools gold. If your playing a Highsmith this many minutes and consider him an intricate part of your team well that’s why we are where we are. The feel good flash pan play he’s had reminds me of the Norris Cole and Rodney McGruber good game memes. The organization always shoots themselves in the foot with these types.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#286 » by insfo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:58 am

DayofMourning wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Knicks fans bout to pounce on Bam for that super dirty play.

What'd he do? I missed it.

He boxed out and got his arm tangled with THJ. No harm whatsoever, but I can only imagine the venom building.

It was DJJ and not THJ. I doubt it was anything intentional, especially since it was Jones who had a great stint here in Miami. But that is not stopping the narrative though, so expect to see more clamoring now
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:58 am

insfo wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
KingDavid wrote:What'd he do? I missed it.

It was DJJ and not THJ. I doubt it was anything intentional, especially since it was Jones who had a great stint here in Miami. But that is not stopping the narrative though, so expect to see more clamoring now

I figged I got the player wrong.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,921

Post#288 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:59 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

yeah i expect a few players not coming back after our playoff run,

duncan is gone for good, herro might be as well and martin too as you pointed out

i will not rule out jimmy getting traded either

Butler's actively playing as a role player, if this were an aging issue Spoelstra would be doing something different with his minutes but instead Spoelstra just played Butler 36 minutes and got 0 FTS and 8 FGA out of him. I don't think anything can be done until the offseason and we can just hope Butler decides to show what he can do in the playoffs to make a statement to the FO.

I think it's 50/50 on Butler even showing up in the play-in, he may just say (with his play) show me how good this team is that you (the FO) really like.

I think we can all agree Butler could be doing more and isn't, the real question is why and that has to be addressed.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#289 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:01 am

eddieheatfan wrote:YEAH now its really over. team headed to the play-in and possibly an exit first round. sad times could be ahead for us fans

Not really sad cause it could finally force a much needed philosophical change and some player movement. We need to change this dreaded small ball and relying on jags like Highsmith who’s a try hard who plays some D and people go crazy over all while we lose cause it’s not sustainable playing someone who can barely even dunk or create any offense who’s tasked at 6’5 220 to be your PF and he’s not good enough to be playing the 3 offensively.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#290 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:02 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Highsmith and Caleb can both go. What was that? Just get it.

Highsmith is utter fools gold. If your playing a Highsmith this many minutes and consider him an intricate part of your team well that’s why we are where we are. The feel good flash pan play he’s had reminds me of the Norris Cole and Rodney McGruber good game memes. The organization always shoots themselves in the foot with these types.

That **** last game where he was trying to dribble the ball with like 4 Hawks hounding him bout made me vomit.

This game hes swinging his elbow around likes a maniac and nobody is guarding the rim.

Heavy minutes to D only players....jesus.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#291 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:02 am

insfo wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
KingDavid wrote:What'd he do? I missed it.

DJJ and Bam are still friends. No malice here just dumb narrative
jele
Senior
And1: 977

Post#292 » by jele » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:02 am

The sooner we get eliminated, the better at is. The front office just needs to blow it up. Jimmy is finished and Bam is not a player to build around to contend for a title. They both need to be traded. You can trade Hero too if needed. We need rebuild.
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,293

Post#293 » by Dmcdani6 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:04 am

AirP. wrote:I don't think there is any other explanation for Butler not doing much other than basically protesting the franchise. The FO probably told him they like who they have and he's letting those players prove their worth.

Thats interesting, because I dont think its really as much Heat fault as it is people not wanting to trade w/ the Heat. AND they have to somewhat think about the future of the franchise. Not leverage everything for one year like the suns. Idk
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,661

Post#294 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:05 am

I'm starting to realize the biggest issue with this team is they simply don't show up together. Starters show up. Bench doesn't. Bench shows up starters don't. 1 different guy shows up on the bench each game. Bam shows up Butler doesn't. Butler shows up Bam doesn't. Rozier or Herro shows up etc etc. Yall catch my drift.

I kept saying it when people said we made that post season run without Herro. Every run has been because of Butler's usage has been cranked up but now that he's slowing down or showing he's not interested this is the result. We need a true #1 option on offense.

People keep thinking we loss the finals because Jimmy got injured. No he came back down to earth. Look at his playoff runs. He has these Hercules games but a lot of games that aren't at those levels and then we become beatable. Our team has to work too hard for offense.
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,293

Post#295 » by Dmcdani6 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 am

Butler did play 2OT last night and he usually doesnt play well in one of the B2B games. I dont want to shoot em down, but to me he looks gassed.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,022

Post#296 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:YEAH now its really over. team headed to the play-in and possibly an exit first round. sad times could be ahead for us fans

Not really sad cause it could finally force a much needed philosophical change and some player movement. We need to change this dreaded small ball and relying on jags like Highsmith who’s a try hard who plays some D and people go crazy over all while we lose cause it’s not sustainable playing someone who can barely even dunk or create any offense who’s tasked at 6’5 220 to be your PF and he’s not good enough to be playing the 3 offensively.

I wouldn't get your hopes up lol. Even if we flare out this year and lose in the play-ins / first round, that would still mean this team made 2 finals (and 3 ECFs) in the Jimmy Butler era. A philosophical change likely isn't coming as a result. Some player movement? Sure. But you can pretty much guarantee that small-ball, playing 'positionless', and an equal opportunity offensive approach will all still be a thing come next season.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,022

Post#297 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:09 am

jele wrote:The sooner we get eliminated, the better at is. The front office just needs to blow it up. Jimmy is finished and Bam is not a player to build around to contend for a title. They both need to be traded. You can trade Hero too if needed. We need rebuild.

Neither will be traded (unless they ask for it), regardless of the result this season.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#298 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:10 am

Dmcdani6 wrote:
AirP. wrote:I don't think there is any other explanation for Butler not doing much other than basically protesting the franchise. The FO probably told him they like who they have and he's letting those players prove their worth.

Thats interesting, because I dont think its really as much Heat fault as it is people not wanting to trade w/ the Heat. AND they have to somewhat think about the future of the franchise. Not leverage everything for one year like the suns. Idk

I get that mindset so why would Butler bust his *** to try to carry this team than coast and try to get more pay days in the NBA? For as much as Butler has done for Miami since forcing his way there, nobody can say that this FO really did as much as they could to put a championship level roster around him, in fact they've done nearly the opposite with holding onto assets and younger players. Could you imagine how much **** this FO would have gotten if they had acquired say... Mitchell, KD, Lillard or another big scorer instead of Butler and made very few moves in half a decade (we're now at a half decade of Butler in Miami)?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#299 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 am

Dmcdani6 wrote:Butler did play 2OT last night and he usually doesnt play well in one of the B2B games. I dont want to shoot em down, but to me he looks gassed.

He's coasting, the question is why, Spoelstra won't play a player who is gassed 36 minutes a couple games before the play-in, especially when that player is giving you nothing.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,882

Post#300 » by KingDavid » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:13 am

AirP. wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:

I get that mindset so why would Butler bust his *** to try to carry this team than coast and try to get more pay days in the NBA? For as much as Butler has done for Miami since forcing his way there, nobody can say that this FO really did as much as they could to put a championship level roster around him, in fact they've done nearly the opposite with holding onto assets and younger players. Could you imagine how much **** this FO would have gotten if they had acquired say... Mitchell, KD, Lillard or another big scorer instead of Butler and made very few moves in half a decade (we're now at a half decade of Butler in Miami)?

All those teams wanted Bam in a trade.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat