ImageImageImage

Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,784

Re: Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST 

Post#361 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 pm

Daffy wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I’ll tell you where lightning isn’t striking twice, our fuxkin playoff run if we even make it. This team is COOKED we ran it back way too many times without significant upgrade when available and it’s back fired heavily this year. Pack us up.

This year has the same feeling when we got violently swept by the Bucks in the first round.

I almost forgot how bad it was until you added the word "violently". Lol those were some terrible times.

Yeah I vividly remember Spo playing Trevor Ariza and Andre Iguodala at the 4 and us getting destroyed by Lopez and Giannis. Same thing is going to happen when Spo plays his 6'5 jagoff Locksmith 35 min.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,168

Post#362 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 pm

Haywood Highsmith slander will not be tolerated.
#FreeBam
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,984

Post#363 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:37 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I was pumping for Quickley hard in that draft if we passed on Maxey. We got mock draft Winslow’d with Achuiwa slipping. Lightening struck twice on us. We didn’t learn our lesson.

Read on Twitter

This makes me really sad. Another player we scouted and worked out during draft time only to pass on because of mock draft projections leading them to Achuiwa. We had two Kentucky guys staring us right in the face. Maxey at 21 and Quickley at 25 wow. What a botched draft

Tbf, either may have been shipped to land Lowry in that Gogi deal anyway…so it would’ve stung more knowing we had them and dealt them for Lowry’s broke ass.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,022

Post#364 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:51 pm

We made 2 finals in the last 4 seasons playing small. Unless you have a generational big (i.e. Yokic) you're not defeating Boston playing big. As much as we all love Jovic, he's not going to play large minutes in the playoffs. In order for us to be successful, we need Caleb and Highsmith playing the 4 for large stretches of the game (>30 mins), and we need them playing it well.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,060

Post#365 » by DayofMourning » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:13 am

carnageta wrote:We made 2 finals in the last 4 seasons playing small. Unless you have a generational big (i.e. Yokic) you're not defeating Boston playing big. As much as we all love Jovic, he's not going to play large minutes in the playoffs. In order for us to be successful, we need Caleb and Highsmith playing the 4 for large stretches of the game (>30 mins), and we need them playing it well.

I diasgree. Weve made 2 Finals because we are awesome and there is no generational team. With beefed up boards, big game performances, and health, we could have 3 chips this era. We have come up short.

Im happy for us, but the Nugz beat us because we couldnt board or score. We need better balance.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,022

Post#366 » by carnageta » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:53 am

DayofMourning wrote:
carnageta wrote:We made 2 finals in the last 4 seasons playing small. Unless you have a generational big (i.e. Yokic) you're not defeating Boston playing big. As much as we all love Jovic, he's not going to play large minutes in the playoffs. In order for us to be successful, we need Caleb and Highsmith playing the 4 for large stretches of the game (>30 mins), and we need them playing it well.

I diasgree. Weve made 2 Finals because we are awesome and there is no generational team. With beefed up boards, big game performances, and health, we could have 3 chips this era. We have come up short.

Im happy for us, but the Nugz beat us because we couldnt board or score. We need better balance.

What's made us soo effective against Boston in the playoffs is our versatility on defence. Bam Adebayo is the best defending perimeter big in the game, and guys like Caleb, Highsmith, Butler, Vincent, etc. are defensive pests. Our scheme is to switch everything defensively, and that is the scheme you need to defeat a high octane perimeter team like the Celtics. That's one of the reasons why we give Milwaukee fits as well. Adding a big next to Bam for prolonged periods of time leaves that defensive scheme vulnerable, because that other big isn't as nimble as Bam (at least not the one's we have acquired).

Return to Miami Heat