ImageImageImage

Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 533

Re: Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST 

Post#341 » by Lennyzinho » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:06 am

Vertical Limit wrote:We need to blow it up after the season.. Bam can stay.. butler is on his last legs… everyone has got to go and we got to recreate Miami Heat basketball.. i said the same thing before the start of last years miracle playoff run.. this feels like we have oversaturated the core of bam and butler (and herro if you want to count him as part of it even though hes rarely there).

I dont see any moves we can do in the summer that will vastly improve our team but there is absolutely no way we can ask Arison to continue to pay tax for such a underwhelming team..

We cant hit a **** shot.. our team is putting up points comparable to 90s basketball..

Jimmy to Thunder
Donovan to Miami
Players and draft picks to Cavs

Or

Jimmy and pieces to Pelicans for Ingram/Herb Jones and pieces.

Or

Jimmy needs to decline his PO, taken less money and we add a decent player that can help open things up.

Running this team back one more time will feel gross without adding at least one athletic piece or some size.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,661

Post#342 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:19 am

Vertical Limit wrote:We need to blow it up after the season.. Bam can stay.. butler is on his last legs… everyone has got to go and we got to recreate Miami Heat basketball.. i said the same thing before the start of last years miracle playoff run.. this feels like we have oversaturated the core of bam and butler (and herro if you want to count him as part of it even though hes rarely there).

I dont see any moves we can do in the summer that will vastly improve our team but there is absolutely no way we can ask Arison to continue to pay tax for such a underwhelming team..

We cant hit a **** shot.. our team is putting up points comparable to 90s basketball..

The same Arison that traded Mike Miller to save money when he had a team built to win multiple rings? The same Arison that has been part of the leadership team that hasn't added any top end help to a team that has been knocking on the door with Jimmy. I personally could careless how much tax he pays. He doesn't really seem committed to winning it all.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,164

Post#343 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:29 am

Lennyzinho wrote:

Jimmy to Thunder
Donovan to Miami
Players and draft picks to Cavs

Or

Jimmy and pieces to Pelicans for Ingram/Herb Jones and pieces.

Or

Jimmy needs to decline his PO, taken less money and we add a decent player that can help open things up.

Running this team back one more time will feel gross without adding at least one athletic piece or some size.

Give me option 2 and send a combination or all of Herro Jaime Jovic picks for Mitchell to go with Ingram and Bam.

Mitchell
Duncan
Herb
Ingram
Bam

:o
#FreeBam
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,912

Post#344 » by SoFlaKingReal » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:45 am

Jimmy clearly has to go. I also think Bam takes up way too much of the salary cap for such little offense. If we can get a team to overpay for him, would definitely consider it.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,912

Post#345 » by SoFlaKingReal » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:48 am

The idea that Butler is “mirroring” the front office is comical. Butler is making how much money again? The guy is checked out and it’s pathetic when you see what he’s being paid. Idgaf about the front office, this season from Butler has been an absolute joke and anyone trying to make excuses for him at that salary cap number is as well.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#346 » by Pokuokic » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:PJ Washington was such a great get for the Mavs

They gave up a 1st round pick for a wildly inconsistent (was like 0-7 yesterday vs Hornets) PF who shoots 31% from 3 Oubre is as good if not better than him this season and he's on the minimum. Grant Wiliiams has been better since he got traded and is a much better defender.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,253

Post#347 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:23 am

Came here to comment on how the mood is quite negative... and for obvious reasons, season is about to end and no time to suddenly gel... but the Heat always seem to find a run in them and come back from the dead. So hope they are competitive in the post season. You deserve it.

I am trying to avoid commenting on the line above of "Grant Williams is a much better defender than PJ Washington" because it's a really weird comment. I'll just type inside the spoiler to vent.

Spoiler:
PJ has been defending the best offensive player of the other team routinely, guards, forwards... he is quick and big enough to handle different guys. Comes up with great blocks and has consistently been impactful on defense (Mavs -7.7 on defense with him off the floor). You also heard on the broadcast how the Mavs had the #1 defensive rating for I dont know how many games.

Cool block from last night.

We actually need to watch games so we don't just look at stats.

Mavs fans are very happy with the guy despite him bricking his three pointers. That alone gives you a hint that he's been very impactful elsewhere. So yeah, Kelly Oubre isn't as good as him. Or Derrick Jones Jr (who has been nice and also on the minimum for the Mavs). We have to watch the games to actually see what these guys do and how they impact the game.

His 3 point shot has looked very iffy. If he actually shot it consistently... then watch out.
60/21/10
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,984

Post#348 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:45 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:

Isn't that Herro's bestie? We stay missing out on besties.

Would have been such a perfect fit here

We’ve been on that train for years MWP. Sucks.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#349 » by Beenie » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 pm

Ball handling is atrocious

I was never a big Dragic fan but in the years since the bubble, I’ve gotten to appreciate him in a new light.

Thats what’s missing on this team more than anything else.

Offense is lost too often in the half court; too many bad shots and aimlessly dribbling around leading to fruitless possessions.

Also miss Iggy. His intelligence in how he was efficient with all of his actions lead to a more fluid offense.

Would like to see guys like Jaquez incorporate some of Iggy’s game into his own.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#350 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Pokuokic wrote:

They gave up a 1st round pick for a wildly inconsistent (was like 0-7 yesterday vs Hornets) PF who shoots 31% from 3 Oubre is as good if not better than him this season and he's on the minimum. Grant Wiliiams has been better since he got traded and is a much better defender.

Oubre wanted to come here for the minimum, so did Dennis Smith and several others. We only wanted them if we got Dame :lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#351 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Why did we play Mills ahead of Wright when we were getting torched by Kyrie and Luka lol?
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,784

Post#352 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Why did we play Mills ahead of Wright when we were getting torched by Kyrie and Luka lol?

Either he's banged up or Spo is just continuing a stretch of just absolute boneheaded moves.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,232

Post#353 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:39 pm

Jones Jr looking comfortable on the Mavs
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#354 » by fishfuego. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:41 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Why did we play Mills ahead of Wright when we were getting torched by Kyrie and Luka lol?

Again, Spo is a mental midget who gets praised for his one successful niche formulaic style ( formulas used by teams such as Warriors and Spurs), but his rotations lack situational understandings. This coach had a 6’11” all around player in Niko, buried under a pile of unfits, during a time where taller teams were destroying his formulation of midget ball with over the top 2nd attempts at the rim, something happening seasons after seasons. Stubborn is what we say about him, but I feel it is more of a fear of the unknown because he lacks any other coaching skills.
Riley was a mastermind because he actually played the game at the highest of levels, and even Riley understood the most basic elements of the game, height and adjustments.
It took way to long for Spo to understand that the teenager from Serbia had what the GL midgets lacked, and therefore the gossip is real, the dude is always 5 steps to slow to see what’s in front of his nose.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#355 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:53 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Either he's banged up or Spo is just continuing a stretch of just absolute boneheaded moves.

Spos last 2 seasons have arguably been his worst, regular season wise at least. We’ll see if he locks in when the playoffs start, if we even make it.
#FreeBam
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#356 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:20 pm

"Kyrie Irving clinched a $1 million bonus...

the Mavericks wrapped up the Southwest Division title by beating the Miami Heat 111-92 on Wednesday night - Dallas' 16th win in its last 18 games...

Irving got his bonus because Dallas got 50 wins and he has appeared in at least 50 games...

“We just know that the job isn't finished and we’re just getting started," Irving said. "But we do have to celebrate the small wins. And tonight was a step in that direction of just celebrating a small win, just to get to 50 wins. Some guys in that locker room haven't experienced 50 wins.”

“It's a total organizational effort, top to bottom,” Irving said of reaching the 50-win mark and getting the division title...

Derrick Jones Jr., P.J. Washington and Gafford all finished with 12 points for Dallas; those three players, along with Irving and Doncic, are part of a starting lineup that is now 15-1 this season. Gafford - he of the streak of 33 consecutive made field goals that ended last month - was 6 for 6, extending his current streak of made shots to 22 and counting."

Y'all thought they had nothing to play for last night :lol:
PJ Washington looking like another one that got away :roll:
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#357 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:32 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Mavs -3.5

Too easy

Hope you got it at -1.5 before tipoff too!

Got it at -2.5. I parleyed them with my fútbol club to either win/draw since I didn't trust us to win. Of course, we conceded at 90+6' up 2-1 and tied 2-2. The bet was won but man am I still furious at my fútbol club. With the Heat I don't expect anything from them anymore.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#358 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:36 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:We passed on Maxey caused he signed with Klutch. Deny it all you want but feel like it played a major factor. We got suckered with Achuiwa like we did with Winslow. Both players who were rated higher on mock drafts that fell to us that we felt was good value when we picked even passing on players who we worked out and liked. Achuiwa dropping was our excuse to pass on Klutch Maxey cause at the time they could say hey we took the higher rated player.

The point I'm trying to make is that Miami drafted a BACKUP at #20 vs looking for the best talent on the board. I don't believe Precious played 1 minute with Bam his entire time in Miami, that had to be a known possibility at the time of the draft that Spoelstra would not play him... not even TRY to play him with Bam and with that, you were using a FRP on a career backup player or someone you were willing to only get 4 years out of before they signed somewhere else. Quickly, Tre Jones, D.Bane, and others were still on the board that would have had a better chance at getting big minutes in a few years under their belt in Miami. Miami actively drafted a player with a 1st round pick to play maybe.... 20 minutes a night and his rookie year he got 12 minutes a night.

I was pumping for Quickley hard in that draft if we passed on Maxey. We got mock draft Winslow’d with Achuiwa slipping. Lightening struck twice on us. We didn’t learn our lesson.

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,784

Post#359 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:39 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is that Miami drafted a BACKUP at #20 vs looking for the best talent on the board. I don't believe Precious played 1 minute with Bam his entire time in Miami, that had to be a known possibility at the time of the draft that Spoelstra would not play him... not even TRY to play him with Bam and with that, you were using a FRP on a career backup player or someone you were willing to only get 4 years out of before they signed somewhere else. Quickly, Tre Jones, D.Bane, and others were still on the board that would have had a better chance at getting big minutes in a few years under their belt in Miami. Miami actively drafted a player with a 1st round pick to play maybe.... 20 minutes a night and his rookie year he got 12 minutes a night.

I was pumping for Quickley hard in that draft if we passed on Maxey. We got mock draft Winslow’d with Achuiwa slipping. Lightening struck twice on us. We didn’t learn our lesson.

Read on Twitter

This makes me really sad. Another player we scouted and worked out during draft time only to pass on because of mock draft projections leading them to Achuiwa. We had two Kentucky guys staring us right in the face. Maxey at 21 and Quickley at 25 wow. What a botched draft
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,824

Post#360 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:53 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I was pumping for Quickley hard in that draft if we passed on Maxey. We got mock draft Winslow’d with Achuiwa slipping. Lightening struck twice on us. We didn’t learn our lesson.

Read on Twitter

This makes me really sad. Another player we scouted and worked out during draft time only to pass on because of mock draft projections leading them to Achuiwa. We had two Kentucky guys staring us right in the face. Maxey at 21 and Quickley at 25 wow. What a botched draft

The sad part is we needed a PG and decided that giving Lowry 90 million was the answer

Return to Miami Heat