ImageImageImage

Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,267

Re: Heat vs Mavs April 10th 730 PM EST 

Post#301 » by oreon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 am

AirP. wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:100% he gone in free agency for a mid level deal we can’t afford to pay him.
yeah i expect a few players not coming back after our playoff run,

duncan is gone for good, herro might be as well and martin too as you pointed out

i will not rule out jimmy getting traded either

Butler's actively playing as a role player, if this were an aging issue Spoelstra would be doing something different with his minutes but instead Spoelstra just played Butler 36 minutes and got 0 FTS and 8 FGA out of him. I don't think anything can be done until the offseason and we can just hope Butler decides to show what he can do in the playoffs to make a statement to the FO.

I think it's 50/50 on Butler even showing up in the play-in, he may just say (with his play) show me how good this team is that you (the FO) really like.

I think we can all agree Butler could be doing more and isn't, the real question is why and that has to be addressed.

I dont think Butler is actively trying to be bad. He's old and declining. If he doesn't have anything left in the tank in the playoffs, Heat gotta think about moving him and either do a full or semi rebuild.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,381

Post#302 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 am

Dallas on a back to back is always a loss. Been that way since Dirk.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,064

Post#303 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote: yeah i expect a few players not coming back after our playoff run,

duncan is gone for good, herro might be as well and martin too as you pointed out

i will not rule out jimmy getting traded either

Butler's actively playing as a role player, if this were an aging issue Spoelstra would be doing something different with his minutes but instead Spoelstra just played Butler 36 minutes and got 0 FTS and 8 FGA out of him. I don't think anything can be done until the offseason and we can just hope Butler decides to show what he can do in the playoffs to make a statement to the FO.

I think it's 50/50 on Butler even showing up in the play-in, he may just say (with his play) show me how good this team is that you (the FO) really like.

I think we can all agree Butler could be doing more and isn't, the real question is why and that has to be addressed.

I dont think Butler is actively trying to be bad. He's old and declining. If he doesn't have anything left in the tank in the playoffs, Heat gotta think about moving him and either do a full or semi rebuild.

Then you're saying Spoelstra is just stupid playing that player 36 minutes in game #80 when they have to get ready for the play-in game(s)? Watching Butler his whole career, he's coasting. He may be in decline but you don't put up 50+ in a playoff game vs a #1 seed, and when healthy 9-10 months later you can only get up 8 shots in 36 minutes. Something more is up.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#304 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:16 am

Spo is kinda dumb a lot. Hes also kind of awesome. Take the good with the bad.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#305 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:19 am

DayofMourning wrote:Spo is kinda dumb a lot. Hes also kind of awesome. Take the good with the bad.

If Spoelstra is trying to win and he is. There is no reason to lose, you don't leave out a player that no longer has it on the court for 36 minutes unless you know he's holding back and you're forcing him to play the minutes in the hopes it gets him to give some effort.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#306 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:21 am

AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Spo is kinda dumb a lot. Hes also kind of awesome. Take the good with the bad.

If Spoelstra is trying to win and he is. There is no reason to lose, you don't leave out a player that no longer has it on the court for 36 minutes unless you know he's holding back and you're forcing him to play the minutes in the hopes it gets him to give some effort.

Thats just Spo. Hes all about overcoming insurmountable obstacles. He dgaf.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,449

Post#307 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:21 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Mavs -3.5

Too easy
oreon
Analyst

Post#308 » by oreon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:22 am

AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:Butler's actively playing as a role player, if this were an aging issue Spoelstra would be doing something different with his minutes but instead Spoelstra just played Butler 36 minutes and got 0 FTS and 8 FGA out of him. I don't think anything can be done until the offseason and we can just hope Butler decides to show what he can do in the playoffs to make a statement to the FO.

Then you're saying Spoelstra is just stupid playing that player 36 minutes in game #80 when they have to get ready for the play-in game(s)?

Old and declining doesn't mean he's incapable of back to backs unless he's carrying something. Even if not 100 he could still have contributed. They still had a shot 6 so I dont mind Butler playing trying to go for it. Now that they're pretty much set at the 7/8th they should probably rest Bam and Butler for the last 2 games. But it makes sense going for the 6th seed and getting an extra week of rest and practice
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#309 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:23 am

Serious question-why did JJJ go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) after his groin injury? 2 completely different players.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,053

Post#310 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 am

Feels like we really only have one 'marquee' win this entire season, and that was against the Bucks in Milwaukee back in February. Not sure if we want to count the Pelicans win in New Orleans are a marquee win, but even if we do then that's only 2 lol.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,126

Post#311 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:27 am

DayofMourning wrote:Serious question-why did JJJ go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) after his groin injury? 2 completely different players.
i think the broadcasters mentioned that jaime acknowledged to have hit the rookie wall
oreon
Analyst

Post#312 » by oreon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:27 am

DayofMourning wrote:Serious question-why did JJJ go full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) after his groin injury? 2 completely different players.

Rookie wall I guess. Should have been expected. Most rookies are up and down their 1st year.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#313 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:32 am

oreon wrote:
AirP. wrote:
oreon wrote:

Then you're saying Spoelstra is just stupid playing that player 36 minutes in game #80 when they have to get ready for the play-in game(s)?

Old and declining doesn't mean he's incapable of back to backs unless he's carrying something. Even if not 100 he could still have contributed. They still had a shot 6 so I dont mind Butler playing trying to go for it. Now that they're pretty much set at the 7/8th they should probably rest Bam and Butler for the last 2 games. But it makes sense going for the 6th seed and getting an extra week of rest and practice

Absolutely, I'm just saying Butler isn't even giving close to what he's capable of giving at his current age/health. I've seen him do this way too many times and then flip a switch of effort and doing some amazing things. For instance everyone questioning him his first year in Miami about him no longer able to score then drops 30 in the first half against Phoenix then barely shooting in the 2nd half just to make a point he could score, I've seen him put up 2 points in a 1st half and then drop 40 more in the 2nd half, he isn't trying, we can argue how much he could give but it's a hell of a lot more than he's giving now and I highly doubt he'll say publicly why he's doing it, he'll just deflect the questions to not throw anyone under the bus if he's got a problem with someone.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,139

Post#314 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:33 am

PJ Washington was such a great get for the Mavs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#315 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:PJ Washington was such a great get for the Mavs

The Mavs have been loading up with great gets.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#316 » by Shewasfly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:45 am

Isn't that Herro's bestie? We stay missing out on besties.
:tiredJB:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#317 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:45 am

DayofMourning wrote:

We have the locksmith :roll:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#318 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:46 am

Shewasfly wrote:

Isn't that Herro's bestie? We stay missing out on besties.

Would have been such a perfect fit here
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,666

Post#319 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 am

AirP. wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:
AirP. wrote:I don't think there is any other explanation for Butler not doing much other than basically protesting the franchise. The FO probably told him they like who they have and he's letting those players prove their worth.

Thats interesting, because I dont think its really as much Heat fault as it is people not wanting to trade w/ the Heat. AND they have to somewhat think about the future of the franchise. Not leverage everything for one year like the suns. Idk

I get that mindset so why would Butler bust his *** to try to carry this team than coast and try to get more pay days in the NBA? For as much as Butler has done for Miami since forcing his way there, nobody can say that this FO really did as much as they could to put a championship level roster around him, in fact they've done nearly the opposite with holding onto assets and younger players. Could you imagine how much **** this FO would have gotten if they had acquired say... Mitchell, KD, Lillard or another big scorer instead of Butler and made very few moves in half a decade (we're now at a half decade of Butler in Miami)?

He’s not protesting lol if so and he’s going to waste a season like that he needs to go
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,126

Post#320 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:48 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

We have the locksmith :roll:
dont blame him when our starters refuses to show up. the bucket start and stops with them. i mean its ridiculous that our best player tonight effort wise was k love

Return to Miami Heat