ImageImageImage

To Play-in or not to Play-in? LeBronto cRaptors @ Miami Hot Trash part 2; Final Regular Season Game; Sunday 4/14 1:00PM

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,022

Re: To Play-in or not to Play-in? LeBronto cRaptors @ Miami Hot Trash part 2; Final Regular Season Game; Sunday 4/14 1:0 

Post#101 » by carnageta » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:23 pm

unowen85 wrote:So we get to play Embiid hobbling on one knee and then Knicks playing with no Randle. Bam is gonna feast!

No Randle actually benefits NY in a playoff setting. Worse match-up for Miami than with Randle.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 533

Re: To Play-in or not to Play-in? LeBronto cRaptors @ Miami Hot Trash part 2; Final Regular Season Game; Sunday 4/14 1:0 

Post#102 » by Lennyzinho » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:16 pm

carnageta wrote:Everyone counting out the Knicks. They are a LEGIT contender. They will beat Philly in the first round (if that matchup happens) and will likely go on to at least the ECF in that scenario.

Agreed. I put money on them to win it all when they got OG. I think they're v good.
Brunson is an all nba player and they're the best offensive rebounding team in the league, can stick OG on Jimmy and DVV looking nasty. I wanted the Bucks matchup so bad. Bulls almost had them...

So funny how bulls clearly better with zach lavine, hawks clearly better without trae. These high usage high scoring low efficiency bad defense guards are finally being exposed.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,269

Post#103 » by twix2500 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:02 pm

A sputtering healthy Heat and a healthy 76ers would beat a healthy Knicks in 5 games.
BringTheHeat
Ballboy
And1: 95

Post#104 » by BringTheHeat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 pm

I want the Knicks badly for the first round. We love to send them packing to Cancun
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,824

Post#105 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:20 pm

Real basketball starts now. Preseason ball is officially over
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Post#107 » by KDS91 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 pm

Eh, the Knicks earned the #2 seed. They won't be an easy out regardless.

Still always gonna be **** the Knicks tho.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,713

Post#108 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:17 pm

Im in the minority that wants Boston :crazy: not because I think we have any advantage, in fact I think we’d be likely to lose but if thats the best the East has to offer I cant think of a better way to propel a run than to go through them.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,665

Post#109 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:Im in the minority that wants Boston :crazy: not because I think we have any advantage, in fact I think we’d be likely to lose but if thats the best the East has to offer I cant think of a better way to propel a run than to go through them.

You have a point rip the bandage off from the get go. And if you somehow manage to succeed you would have put behind you the toughest opponent in the East.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#110 » by MartyConlonJr » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:30 pm

In some ways, taking Boston could be an opportunity - you probably won't find this Miami Heat team healthier than they are now. Bam probably has some wear, but he's still spry. Jimmy has paced himself, Tyler is fresh, I assume Terry is just kept out for precaution. JJJ seems fresher than he has for a while, Caleb is in form, Niko is probably playing the best he has. Only Duncan and Love are maybe concerns, but they could be minor.

In that way, playing a team we would likely need to go through one way or another early and while we are healthy(ish) is not bad. If we lose, we'll our team will finally get a longer off-season after having a lot of long playoff runs to recoup.

But I think ref's are more likely to favour the favourites/darlings in the early round. Like it or not, NBA is a product and ruling out the big hitters early is a problem. Whether it's intentional stratrgy or just some cognitive bias, I think the cards are stacked against an upset in round 1.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 533

Post#111 » by Lennyzinho » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:In some ways, taking Boston could be an opportunity - you probably won't find this Miami Heat team healthier than they are now. Bam probably has some wear, but he's still spry. Jimmy has paced himself, Tyler is fresh, I assume Terry is just kept out for precaution. JJJ seems fresher than he has for a while, Caleb is in form, Niko is probably playing the best he has. Only Duncan and Love are maybe concerns, but they could be minor.

In that way, playing a team we would likely need to go through one way or another early and while we are healthy(ish) is not bad. If we lose, we'll our team will finally get a longer off-season after having a lot of long playoff runs to recoup.

But I think ref's are more likely to favour the favourites/darlings in the early round. Like it or not, NBA is a product and ruling out the big hitters early is a problem. Whether it's intentional stratrgy or just some cognitive bias, I think the cards are stacked against an upset in round 1.

Well if worried about rest and health, if we beat Philly on Wednesday we will have two days off and play NYK on Saturday. If we lose we play again Friday for 8th and face a very rested and healthy celtics team on Sunday.

Personally think Boston is due an injury. White Jrue Tatum Brown all played 70+ games. Horford 65 and KP 59 which was less than I thought he had played cuz i don't remember him really ever getting hurt.

Also the starters last played April 11th and they got rocked by Knicks, down 20+ before subs finished it out. They won't play again until the 21st. That's a long time to go without playing a winning game of bball. If there's ever a time to smack a team mentally weak team in the mouth it's that next Sunday.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,662

Post#112 » by Daffy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:20 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:In some ways, taking Boston could be an opportunity - you probably won't find this Miami Heat team healthier than they are now. Bam probably has some wear, but he's still spry. Jimmy has paced himself, Tyler is fresh, I assume Terry is just kept out for precaution. JJJ seems fresher than he has for a while, Caleb is in form, Niko is probably playing the best he has. Only Duncan and Love are maybe concerns, but they could be minor.

I'd rather wait until the Celtics start to get banged up and slowly turn back into mental midgets as the pressure builds up.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#113 » by Daffy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:27 am

One of Herro or Rozier is going to have to defend Maxey.

This might really get ugly for us.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,665

Post#114 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:33 am

Daffy wrote:One of Herro or Rozier is going to have to defend Maxey.

This might really get ugly for us.

I think they bring Terry off the bench, and Keep Herro with Caleb starting, so they csn put Caleb on Maxey.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#116 » by Daffy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:28 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's been playing well since his return. Just got to hope Jimmy really has some playoff magic left.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#118 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:22 am

I thought Herro was flirting with 3 seconds in the key there.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,761

Post#119 » by Enso » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:I thought Herro was flirting with 3 seconds in the key there.

No but he travelled lol
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#120 » by insfo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am

Enso wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:I thought Herro was flirting with 3 seconds in the key there.

No but he travelled lol

He looked like Bam with those stupid pump fakes :lol:

Return to Miami Heat