ImageImageImage

Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,588

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#1041 » by Rapaz » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:So we get a lottery pick if we lose Friday or we’re locked in at 15? I guess I’d still rather win Friday and see what Herro can do in the first round against the Celtics but we’re just going to get swept and clowned so what’s the point. Would be good to get Jaime and Jovic some reps too. COULD increase value of some guys but could also plummet it, we need Herro to raise his value somehow

I agree with you. We need the trade chips (Herro especially) to try to build up their value, and no better way to do that than in the playoffs. If we get rekt in the process, so be it.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,639

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#1042 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 pm

Rapaz wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:So we get a lottery pick if we lose Friday or we’re locked in at 15? I guess I’d still rather win Friday and see what Herro can do in the first round against the Celtics but we’re just going to get swept and clowned so what’s the point. Would be good to get Jaime and Jovic some reps too. COULD increase value of some guys but could also plummet it, we need Herro to raise his value somehow

I agree with you. We need the trade chips (Herro especially) to try to build up their value, and no better way to do that than in the playoffs. If we get rekt in the process, so be it.

IIRC Herro actually plays decent against the Celtics in the regular season throughout his career. Maybe he can show something. But if he does, does that just make The Fraudfather more delusional? Could be a double edge sword we’re dealing with here
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,811

Post#1043 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:40 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Rapaz wrote:

IIRC Herro actually plays decent against the Celtics in the regular season throughout his career. Maybe he can show something. But if he does, does that just make The Fraudfather more delusional? Could be a double edge sword we’re dealing with here

That's my contention, you could potentially create another delusion with a first round series against a juggernaut where Jovic, JJJ, Herro win you a game or two and now you extend the possibilities of letting those guys go for an immediate impact player. Perhaps even extending Herro's Miami Heat tenure even further into another contract we the fans will despise. Or Herro could bomb completely, and Miami knows once and for all what they have or don't have with Herro, thus also creating an even worse contract value forcing you to have to keep him until contract expiration or worse lose another first rounder to clear his contract in the immediate future.

Our Best case scenerio is Herro having his best career game ever vs Chicago, but Chicago also doing something incredible against us causing us to lose in a close game but still somewhat repair the damage of Herros previous game, which would be excused as everyone was deflated after Jimmys injury and thats why he couldn't get his shot going.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,449

Post#1044 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 pm

Give me the sweet release of death. I want the lottery pick, no interest in getting violently swept by Boston and giving them the satisfaction.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,954

Post#1045 » by SoFlaKingReal » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm

Butler coasted all year only to get hurt for the playoffs anyway.

I imagine his attitude will be even worse next year.

Problem is, he has next to zero trade value.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,043

Post#1046 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:04 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Shaq has said this same take for years.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1047 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He’s an idiot.
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,811

Post#1048 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He’s an idiot.

Or he is a savant, and was feeding Pat Riley a taste of his own medicine in the form of sure go and sign this dude to some big contract and view him as a pinnacle of your build for the upcoming future, Shaq's inability to use green font on live tv, made Pat fall for it. He knows exactly what he was doing making those absurd comments, he probably laughed off camera, and texted a friend just to tell him about what he just did.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1049 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,836

Post#1050 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes--Spo has to look in the mirror on that one. Stuck with it too long. Zone works in doses. Not as the baseline.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,748

Post#1051 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:35 pm

Woke up this morning not even caring anymore. We're in this position because of multiple reasons

Just to name a few....

Spo consistently tweaking the line-up even when guys were healthy. There were games Highsmith, Wright, Jovic etc were fully healthy and just received 0 minutes are close to 0 minutes for reasons we will never know.

Jimmy for coasting all season. Could've taken a few more games seriously.

Herro. Injured most of the season and is playing in a role he shouldn't.

Bam for his lack of aggression on offense most games. You can't be a threat when you're consistently passing up open looks.

Rozier. This might be unfair to him but he's been injured. I'm confident if he played against Philly we win that game

Caleb Martin. Being a bone head all year most nights.

Riley and Micky. Dame wanted to be here. I feel like they just didn't go hard enough to bring him home

There's enough blame for other guys on the team too.

6 more wins and we easily could've been a 2 seed and this team was definitely capable of 6 more wins this season.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 269

Post#1052 » by HeatFan_NC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:36 pm

greg4012 wrote:The Point Herro experiment is not compatible with playoff level bball. We struggled to get into a set or even cross half court throughout the game.

He's a turnover machine. That's why I've been preaching and will continue to preach it: Herro should be coming off the bench! I don't care how much he's getting paid. He's most effective on the second unit. It doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's just not a star player...just a good role player
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,265

Post#1053 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm

greg4012 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes--Spo has to look in the mirror on that one. Stuck with it too long. Zone works in doses. Not as the baseline.

yup exactly, we ran it too long and it made Batum look good.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,265

Post#1054 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Butler coasted all year only to get hurt for the playoffs anyway.

I imagine his attitude will be even worse next year.

Problem is, he has next to zero trade value.

He has value, teams like the Pelicans, Suns, Cavs & Kings could use him.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 269

Post#1055 » by HeatFan_NC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 pm

Daffy wrote:Woke up this morning not even caring anymore. We're in this position because of multiple reasons

Just to name a few....

Spo consistently tweaking the line-up even when guys were healthy. There were games Highsmith, Wright, Jovic etc were fully healthy and just received 0 minutes are close to 0 minutes for reasons we will never know.

Bam for his lack of aggression on offense most games. You can't be a threat when you're consistently passing up open looks.

Rozier. This might be unfair to him but he's been injured. I'm confident if he played against Philly we win that game

Riley and Micky. Dame wanted to be here. I feel like they just didn't go hard enough to bring him home

6 more wins and we easily could've been a 2 seed and this team was definitely capable of 6 more wins this season.

I would definitely let Caleb walk in free agency. Trade Herro for a PF that can shoot and create a shot for himself. We have too many wing players, and too many of them are one dimensional
Daffy
Analyst

Post#1056 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:
greg4012 wrote:The Point Herro experiment is not compatible with playoff level bball. We struggled to get into a set or even cross half court throughout the game.

He's a turnover machine. That's why I've been preaching and will continue to preach it: Herro should be coming off the bench! I don't care how much he's getting paid. He's most effective on the second unit. It doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's just not a star player...just a good role player

Players don't turn over the ball off of the bench? Wouldn't he still be playing....starter minutes off of the bench?
Daffy
Analyst

Post#1057 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:
Daffy wrote:Woke up this morning not even caring anymore. We're in this position because of multiple reasons

Just to name a few....

I would definitely let Caleb walk in free agency. Trade Herro for a PF that can shoot and create a shot for himself. We have too many wing players, and too many of them are one dimensional

Perfect PF would be Lauri from Utah but they'll never send him here to us.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,836

Post#1058 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Unacceptable. Everyone needs to be better.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,043

Post#1059 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm

I like this...

Just to name a few....

He FAFO.

I agree but Miami's FO probably doesn't agree, they paid him near the max and you don't do that for a bad defensive player who you expect to just be an off the ball scorer. They still had the belief he's next and still might believe that.

I have a feeling that was the gameplan, save your energy on offense to put out maximum effort on the defensive end. Personally I'd like to see Miami go back to running the offense through Bam as a playmaker, not necessarily a scorer although his jumper is better now making him more of a threat as a playmaker.

Something's not right, then again he's a low paid player, he shouldn't be expected to be as good as Miami needs him to be.

Absolutely but this is how they utilize leverage as an asset which I think hurts them more then it helps them but let's be honest, trading this way means you never lose a trade, you just don't always make the moves you should to become a better team.

Absolutely, this team with a lot of it is because of Butler didn't treat regular season games as important enough to give good effort all the way through.

If Butler isn't moved Miami absolutely needs to add a player who plays or just sits on the bench that Butler not only respects but someone who will push/challenge Butler to play with more effort throughout the season, Crowder, Tucker and Strus were talked about as Butler's 1 on 1 opponents throughout those seasons and Butler seem way more locked in than he did this season. At least last year he used the games after the all-star break to ramp up for the playoffs, this year not so much.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,588

Post#1060 » by Rapaz » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Rapaz wrote:

The Fraudfather’s brain is beyond repair. I think he once compared Herro and Robinson to Klay and Steph. And, you know what? He was right, just about 4 years early. 0/10 Klay + 9/27 Herro = Spider-ManMeme.jpg.

Return to Miami Heat