ImageImageImage

Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,563

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#941 » by Slot Machine » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell. As a matter of fact i feel like Herro and Duncan will both be gone. Rozier opens up as our starting PG next year

?

Herro and his contract are negative value at this point, at best, neutral value. How would he possibly net us Mitchell or Ingram (even with other pieces thrown in)?
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,086

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#942 » by Bourne85 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 am

Can’t have Donovan Mitchell along with Rozier. Rozier and Herro both need to be shipped. Both are inefficient, undersized chuckers that play no defense. That Rozier trade made no sense team building wise, only made sense $$ wise to save some money. Terrible team building around Jimmy and Bam and that’s on Pat and Arison trying to save a buc
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,691

Post#943 » by marson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 am

I think the Cavs will bite into Herro + Jaime + Jovic but damn losing Jaime and Jovic would be tufff
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,074

Post#944 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell.

Makes me feel alot better tbh, needs to be Mitchell though.

Will go full throttle for Donavan. Hopefully he forces his way here and Cavs do the right thing after seeing how the Blazers failed miserably playing hardball with Dame. Herro, the 15th pick, and 2029 first has to be a decent base of a starting package.

That’s not going to happen. They will gladly trade him to the Lakers before they trade him here. Has Herro even increased his trade value? Not blaming him but he shot what like 30% this game and overall has been injured this season.
powerball1373
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,604

Post#945 » by powerball1373 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 am

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Enso wrote:Why is everyone **** so hard on Herro? He made some tough shots down the stretch we didn't lose cause of him we lost cause of turnovers and bad defence.

I’m sorry brother but there is literally no way you watched him go 9-27 from the field in a 1 point loss where he hijacked the entire offense in the 3rd and came away with that conclusion. Literally no way

Herro took the same number of shots of Butler and Bam combined. That's insane.

Indeed, it's insane that our two franchise players didn't want to be more aggressive on offense.

Also, you know 3ammy on some 3ull3hit when he starts with the 'brother' lmfao. Every time.

HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,924

Post#946 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 am

Fox and Ant man and Mitchell. Get me one one them
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,016

Post#947 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 am

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I’m sorry brother but there is literally no way you watched him go 9-27 from the field in a 1 point loss where he hijacked the entire offense in the 3rd and came away with that conclusion. Literally no way

Herro took the same number of shots of Butler and Bam combined. That's insane.

Indeed, it's insane that our two franchise players didn't want to be more aggressive on offense.

Also, you know 3ammy on some 3ull3hit when he starts with the 'brother' lmfao. Every time.

Even before Butler was hurt, Herro had the ball and was gunning, I get gunning when you're hot that particular game but he wasn't and instead of finding another way to get himself going he doubled down on taking shots. 27 of them and he missed 18 of those shots.

What's sad is that this was somewhat expected, in 2 games vs Philly this season he scored 22.5 points on 24 shot attempts, he only attempted 3 more than that average. He didn't play in any Chicago games so who know what'll happen. If Butler doesn't play, I could see him dropping 30 on 35 shots.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,016

Post#948 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 am

On Butler and a lot of other players who take a lot of regular season games off (including much less practices than teams use to do), it would not surprise one bit if research came out in a few years stating that not playing as much actually makes certain parts of more susceptible to injury in high intensity situations because the body isn't use to random strains under pressure.
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#949 » by powerball1373 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:12 am

AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Herro took the same number of shots of Butler and Bam combined. That's insane.

Even before Butler was hurt, Herro had the ball and was gunning, I get gunning when you're hot that particular game but he wasn't and instead of finding another way to get himself going he doubled down on taking shots. 27 of them and he missed 18 of those shots.

What's sad is that this was somewhat expected, in 2 games vs Philly this season he scored 22.5 points on 24 shot attempts, he only attempted 3 more than that average. He didn't play in any Chicago games so who know what'll happen. If Butler doesn't play, I could see him dropping 30 on 35 shots.

I don't think he was gunning in the sense of taking bad shots. Majority of them were good shots that I'm assuming the team WANTS him to take, he just had an off night. It would've been much worse if he went into a shell and stopped shooting. At least he had the balls to go out guns blazing.

He actually seemed to do a pretty good job of finding teammates as well, as evidenced by the 9 assists. You're making it seem like he was out there chucking awful shot after shot, in which case I'm sure he would've gotten benched.
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#950 » by powerball1373 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 am

balla345 wrote:Man game was lost when Martin missed those 2 free-throws Batum made his first three. That completely changed the game momentum.

Free chicken nuggies unironically got the crowd back in the game smh.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 395

Post#951 » by NightWatch » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am

I went to sleep thinking Miami was going to win because they were playing with passion in the beginning. What in the world with Tyler Herro taking 27 shots and missed almost all of them and did I read this right Bam only scored 10 points? I don’t understand why Bam couldn’t be as good as Zion Williamson on offense.

I am fine with Jimmy bulter’s perforamnce from yesterday. He banged up his knee in the first or second quarters I think and played through it. I can’t be upset with Butler.

I am wondering if Jovic should continue to start? He doesn’t really impact much nor Spo trust him enough. He seems to be on a really short leashed. One mistake, bench he goes. Martin makes many mistakes and herro missing million shots and only made one, somehow it’s ok. Fascinating!
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 431

Post#952 » by dubasilva » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 am

What happened to Jimmy is sad. But looking ahead, we need to bring stars to the Miami Heat. We need to draft a star. That is a big problem because this franchise is all about winning, and it will not tank for us to be in the lottery.
We have tried trading to bring a star before, but either they don't want to join the Miami system, or it becomes difficult to trade with our assets.

I would not trade Jovic or JJJ. We can still watch them develop further. We definitely need to move away from Herro, maybe Duncan. I would not give Jimmy any more money; if he's not happy with that, he can also be moved.

Bam is a good player, but he's not a superstar. I like almost everything about his game, but he's incapable of taking over and winning games for a long sequence. Teams don't fear playing against Bam. Again, I love the guy, and I hope he's in Miami for his entire career, but you win Championships with greatness and superstars, and Bam is not one.

I don't like this build. I like their effort, but they are not good enough. They somewhat remind me of the T Hardway and Alonzo build. They are almost good enough, but they are not.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#953 » by Pokuokic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 am

It's amazing Emibid can barely move and Bam with all the athletic ability in the world did not attack him off the dribble/face up once. To much passive basketball from anyone other than Herro/Rozier this year who you don't want gunning in the first place but are forced to due to cuck basketball.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#954 » by insfo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 am

Pokuokic wrote:It's amazing Emibid can barely move and Bam with all the athletic ability in the world did not attack him off the dribble/face up once. To much passive basketball from anyone other than Herro/Rozier this year who you don't want gunning in the first place but are forced to due to cuck basketball.

In Bam’s defense, those early fouls and having to be taken out would have thrown his rhythm, atleast a bit.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#955 » by Pokuokic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 am

AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
jbsays wrote:Bam is just not aggressive on the offensive end. It is who he is as a player. Nobody had to tell guys like Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Shaq, or even guys like Carmelo Anthony, Glen Rice, or Antone Walker to be aggressive on the offense end.

For better or worse, Herro is aggressive on the offensive end. Some guys have all the tools, but they don't have the mental makeup. Other guys don't have the tools, but the have they have a confidence which exceeds their skillset/ability.
The fact is 99 Percent life is like that
we just don't see it
It's All about confidence with no skills To match it

But now and then a jordan kobe or lebron come around

You put Herro's mindset in Jovic's head and you probably have a good to great scorer. Jovic just happens to have the size and enough athletic ability where he could become a good scorer in the NBA but I don't think he has the mindset to do that.

He's been used as a spot up shooter/5th option the entire season and than add to that Bam leaving his rebounding area to stat pad instead of letting Jovic grab it and run which he should do everytime he can. If Jovic was allowed to handle/create as much as Herro/Martin/JJJ he would be cooking. Its fitting a Jovic type player cooked the Heat tonight.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,102

Post#956 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am

i know its early but i expect this to happen in the offseason

duncan will be gone

herro will likely get traded ( 10 percent of this happening)

jimmy will probaly stay but i wouldnt be surprised if he retires or is traded for assets

bam will stay because the org likes to pretend that he is a super star

riley will likely retire

jovic could be trade bait but he will likely stay as a heat pet project

jaime will stay the org loves him too

rozier will likely be gone. he doesnt fit with the heat system. traded

thomas bryant gone

martin will be gone a trade for somebody

delon will likely come back as role player

kevin love is likely gone or retire

patti mills will likely join the xi jinping warriors in china

orlando robinson will stay the heat love their g leaguers and pet projects oh and btw expect more in house development that's the model that micky and riley had agree to push for a foreseeable future

spo will stay. riley will reward him for building him a shrine in his apartment :lol:

like i said in another post sad times are ahead for the heat when they get trounced by boston
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,065

Post#957 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am

Assuming Jimmy is out vs Chicago, that game is actually going to be tough to get a W.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,822

Post#958 » by contract » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am

Slot Machine wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell. As a matter of fact i feel like Herro and Duncan will both be gone. Rozier opens up as our starting PG next year

?

Herro and his contract are negative value at this point, at best, neutral value. How would he possibly net us Mitchell or Ingram (even with other pieces thrown in)?

Herro wasn't enough even with Lillard trying to strong arm his way here. I'd be surprised if he can be the main piece in a trade that nets us a better player without a star having an expiring contract and giving his existing team an ultimatum.

I don't see this team improving anytime soon.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,877

Post#959 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 am

Slot Machine wrote:

?

For teams like the Cavs and Pels they look for young players under contract since they’re not free agent destinations. Herro’s value to those teams i would say should be neutral. Thus the fillers of picks also has to be enticing. Does our two 1st rd picks get us over the hill? Might need some help from Mitchell and hope we dont deal with another Cronin situation
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,877

Post#960 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

contract wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:

?

Herro wasn't enough even with Lillard trying to strong arm his way here. I'd be surprised if he can be the main piece in a trade that nets us a better player without a star having an expiring contract and giving his existing team an ultimatum.

I don't see this team improving anytime soon.

They didn’t need Herro. Team had two young guards like him already on the roster. Plus Cronin dug in about not wanting to grant Dame’s wishes

Return to Miami Heat