ImageImageImage

Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,633

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#1081 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am

powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
33W 3t3p3roth33333333333r3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

You 33tt3r g3t off your phon3 33for3 your manag3r catch3s you and g3ts piss3d. Som3on3s gotta drop thos3 fri3s!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3ROTH33333333R!!!!! :rock:
#FreeBam
broke
Rookie
And1: 1,547

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#1082 » by broke » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am

Jimmy last game in a heat uni before he asks for or we do him a solid and trade him somewhere he'll get a ring? Just playing devils advocate haha
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,351

Post#1083 » by DayofMourning » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 am

broke wrote:Jimmy last game in a heat uni before he asks for or we do him a solid and trade him somewhere he'll get a ring? Just playing devils advocate haha

Hes one cursed dude. Hes had more injured playoffs than healthy ones. Plagued.
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,928

Post#1084 » by balla345 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am

I just saw the replay and if jimmy just went up for a straight dunk he get 2 points and and 1 what an *****
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,041

Post#1085 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am

powerball1373 wrote:
3rother, I honestly appreciate the time you took to put this response together, but it's gonna be tldr for me lol. Just gonna say we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Well sure, it's actual data/facts. Hard to counter basically saying nu uh.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#1086 » by Shewasfly » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

KingDavid wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
3rother, I honestly appreciate the time you took to put this response together, but it's gonna be tldr for me lol. Just gonna say we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Well, that sucks. He went play by play with Herro's shot selection and the in video of each play that he could. I was hoping you'd share what you saw differently from AirP on each play because I pretty much saw the same as he did.

Where's DoM? Well, he's a doctor now, he might genuinely not have time to read all that :lol:

Someone like Tyler is going to get criticism because he actually puts himself out there and tries to DO something on offense. Its much harder to say something negative about you if you just basically pirouette in place on the perimeter for 5 seconds out of the shot clock and pass the ball off to someone else and never attack.

At the end of the day, if you want to hunt for negative plays for anyone to pick them apart you can find them. No one is saying that Tyler is perfect, most of us would be fine trading him. But the criticism he gets is over the top and its clearly from specific contingents who use him as a scapegoat to deflect from their favorite players. Or those who strangely want to get in the good graces of that contingent.

Murray who we'd probably all prefer over someone like Tyler took 21 shots in a blowout against the Bulls yesterday. And he did that without the only other scorer on the team being injured and unable to contribute. Imagine if Trae Young went down, how many shots he'd put up? Point is, context is being ignored to do the same ole same ole when it comes to Herro.
:tiredJB:
powerball1373
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,624

Post#1087 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 am

AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

Lol I finally got around to reading as much as I could - mostly got through the 3rd quarter commentary. I skipped the 4th quarter stuff since he scored a lot of points in the 4th so I assume there wasn't much issue there.

Unless I missed a bunch of them (like Tyler :wink: ), didn't think I saw that many instances where you actually had a problem with the shot itself. Also, not sure why you included non-shooting plays since this discussion is strictly about shot selection and not whether he had a good game or not.

For the record, I DO NOT think he had a good game. I think he was a little sloppy with the ball but did a decent job distributing. However, I didn't have a problem with his overall shot selection. Sure, maybe there were a few questionable shots, but OVERALL, it was fine. And the volume had to be higher since your 3roth3r was standing in the corner barely able to move, and the oth3r 3roth3r is never aggressive enough. The only problem was he missed more than usual lol. Make or miss league, what are you gonna do? Better to shoot your shots than be a pu33y about it amirite.
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#1088 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:13 am

Shewasfly wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

Well, that sucks. He went play by play with Herro's shot selection and the in video of each play that he could. I was hoping you'd share what you saw differently from AirP on each play because I pretty much saw the same as he did.

Where's DoM? Well, he's a doctor now, he might genuinely not have time to read all that :lol:

Someone like Tyler is going to get criticism because he actually puts himself out there and tries to DO something on offense. Its much harder to say something negative about you if you just basically pirouette in place on the perimeter for 5 seconds out of the shot clock and pass the ball off to someone else and never attack.

At the end of the day, if you want to hunt for negative plays for anyone to pick them apart you can find them. No one is saying that Tyler is perfect, most of us would be fine trading him. But the criticism he gets is over the top and its clearly from specific contingents who use him as a scapegoat to deflect from their favorite players. Or those who strangely want to get in the good graces of that contingent.

Murray who we'd probably all prefer over someone like Tyler took 21 shots in a blowout against the Bulls yesterday. And he did that without the only other scorer on the team being injured and unable to contribute. Imagine if Trae Young went down, how many shots he'd put up? Point is, context is being ignored to do the same ole same ole when it comes to Herro.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1089 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

There’s a massive difference in shooting 21 shots to get 30-7-7 with 1 turnover as compared to 27 shots for 25-2-9 with 5 turnovers and literally no defense.

No one is scapegoating Herro for their personal agendas he’s being criticized because scoring 25 on 27 shots is fuxking terrible and lost us the game.

The goal post moving for this dude is unbelievable, I must have missed the game where he hypnotized a portion of the fanbase over the live broadcast or something because I can’t even fathom what he has done to get this pass from some fans. Had that been Jimmy or Bam they’re getting crucified, hell if Bam scores 25 on 30 shots tonight he’s going to get flamed
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1090 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

Lol I finally got around to reading as much as I could - mostly got through the 3rd quarter commentary. I skipped the 4th quarter stuff since he scored a lot of points in the 4th so I assume there wasn't much issue there.

Unless I missed a bunch of them (like Tyler :wink: ), didn't think I saw that many instances where you actually had a problem with the shot itself. Also, not sure why you included non-shooting plays since this discussion is strictly about shot selection and not whether he had a good game or not.

For the record, I DO NOT think he had a good game. I think he was a little sloppy with the ball but did a decent job distributing. However, I didn't have a problem with his overall shot selection. Sure, maybe there were a few questionable shots, but OVERALL, it was fine. And the volume had to be higher since your 3roth3r was standing in the corner barely able to move, and the oth3r 3roth3r is never aggressive enough. The only problem was he missed more than usual lol. Make or miss league, what are you gonna do? Better to shoot your shots than be a pu33y about it amirite.

I own almost as much r3al 3stat3 in your h3ad as I do in r3al lif3 3roth3r!!!
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,041

Post#1091 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

I got tired talking/writing about the plays I didn't like, if you noticed I kinda changed the format throughout, talking about 27 shot is a lot, actually more then I realized, I decided to just ended up saying which I thought were good plays and there were some of course but what I've talked about for years now is how many bad shots he takes nearly every game which you can see how it affects him and the team through his calculated ORTG <- this is a basically a high level catch-all offensive stat that indicates if you're playing your role (even if the role is #1 option) well and if it's low you need to dig into other stats and watch games to figure out why.

Here's Herro calculated ORTG since his rookie year with the league average in (), league average is around 114-115 in those years..
103 (110.6), 104(112.3), 107(112), 109(114.8), 108(115.3)

He is regularly one of the worse calculated ORTG players from Miami's rotation each year.
He is usually in the bottom half of the team in TS% even though he's a very good high volume 3pt shooter.

These to me are some red flags that he's doing probably multiple things at a high rate to lower his efficiency and calculated ORTG.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Jimmy Butler has insanely high calculated ORTG and TS% for one of the top options of a team, so high that it's a head scratcher why he doesn't try to score more, but this is his mindset holding him back until he really feels he needs to try to take over (which even when he tries, he doesn't always do). Just last year Butler and Jovic had the highest ORTG of 20+ ppg players in the last 25 years, it was insane and this year he dropped from last year's 135 (114.8 was league average) to 129, still way above league average and as we know, Butler... who is a max player could be doing way more for the Heat during the season but doesn't, that's a flaw in his mindset which probably is hurting the team overall. I really like Butler but I think he's not done nearly as much as he could in his career or for Miami which is on him, he could have gotten this team to the #2 seed if he gave normal level effort during the season.
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#1092 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

3roth3r, I have you mocking yours3lf in posts now lmfao.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1093 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

You posted 5+ times about me before I finally gave you the attention you badly wanted :lol:
#FreeBam
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#1094 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

You posted 5+ times about me before I finally gave you the attention you badly wanted :lol:

3roth3r, you responded every time, like the predictable insecure child we all know you to be. :wink:

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1095 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

3roth3r, you responded every time, like the predictable insecure child we all know you to be. :wink:

Sure didn’t, you know better. I saw like 5 post and thought “damn, this kid really wants my attention, I’ll give it to him in the next one.” And here we our lil guy!
#FreeBam
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#1096 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Sure didn’t, you know better. I saw like 5 post and thought “damn, this kid really wants my attention, I’ll give it to him in the next one.” And here we our lil guy!

'Here we our', 3roth3r, got you so mad that you can't even type correctly lmfao. There's no need to lie, but I suppose that's part of the insecure fragile narcissist playbook.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1097 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

'Here we our', 3roth3r, got you so mad that you can't even type correctly lmfao. There's no need to lie, but I suppose that's part of the insecure fragile narcissist playbook.

You care about it a lot more than I do but I literally said nothing to you until like I said the 5th or 6th time you “sub posted” me and then you got fuxking cooked by AirP, like I’ve cooked you in the past so I got a good laugh at that too
#FreeBam
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#1098 » by powerball1373 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

You care about it a lot more than I do but I literally said nothing to you until like I said the 5th or 6th time you “sub posted” me and then you got fuxking cooked by AirP, like I’ve cooked you in the past so I got a good laugh at that too

DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#1099 » by DBurks2818 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 pm

Nice back and forth but not enough spoiler tags quotes in this thread lately :lol:

Return to Miami Heat