ImageImageImage

Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,878

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#961 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:31 am

Wiltside wrote:Assuming Jimmy is out vs Chicago, that game is actually going to be tough to get a W.

Crazier things have happened. It’s possible we have more lineup stabilization with Martin starting at the 3 now with Herro at the two. Wright and Mills will now be the PG rotation. Mills can always catch fire.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,752

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#962 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Assuming Jimmy is out vs Chicago, that game is actually going to be tough to get a W.

Crazier things have happened. It’s possible we have more lineup stabilization with Martin starting at the 3 now with Herro at the two. Wright and Mills will now be the PG rotation. Mills can always catch fire.

I really want this madness and team put down like a sickly dog, softly and with all their fans in attendance. Just let this build ride into obscurity and beyond. Why put our selves through another 4 game sweep and give Boston the opportunity to make a mockery of us.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,065

Post#963 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Is there any word on Rozier? Is he likely to be available?
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,752

Post#964 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 am

Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

He isn't playing on Friday, I saw the 5 Reason Podcast and word from the team to Ethan was he was very far away from returning, he said don't be surprised if you don't even see him during a first round matchup.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,065

Post#965 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Crazier things have happened. It’s possible we have more lineup stabilization with Martin starting at the 3 now with Herro at the two. Wright and Mills will now be the PG rotation. Mills can always catch fire.

He isn't playing on Friday, I saw the 5 Reason Podcast and word from the team to Ethan was he was very far away from returning, he said don't be surprised if you don't even see him during a first round matchup.

Injuries to Terry, Duncan and now Jimmy. Team can’t buy a break.

If we gotta go without Jimmy, hopefully we run:

Wright
Herro
Martin
Jovic
Adebayo

With Jaquez, Love, Highsmith off the bench. Bulls have a fair bit of fire power, but we can take them at home. Hopefully. Maybe.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#967 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 pm

This team and Spo with all his cliches of “we have enough” and “doing it the hard way” has run it’s course. Need an overhaul next year. Build properly around Bam. Enough of these undersized 4’s. Get guys who can bang, rebound, set screens, and have some semblance of height to deter shots. Enough propping players like Highsmith just because he can play defense but can’t take anyone off the dribble, overmatched versus bigger players, and lacks a real offensive game to be a threat playing the 2/3 spot. Get bigger and athletic in the front court. Keep Kevin Love around in the UD break in case of emergency role.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,017

Post#968 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
Indeed, it's insane that our two franchise players didn't want to be more aggressive on offense.

Also, you know 3ammy on some 3ull3hit when he starts with the 'brother' lmfao. Every time.

Even before Butler was hurt, Herro had the ball and was gunning, I get gunning when you're hot that particular game but he wasn't and instead of finding another way to get himself going he doubled down on taking shots. 27 of them and he missed 18 of those shots.

What's sad is that this was somewhat expected, in 2 games vs Philly this season he scored 22.5 points on 24 shot attempts, he only attempted 3 more than that average. He didn't play in any Chicago games so who know what'll happen. If Butler doesn't play, I could see him dropping 30 on 35 shots.

I don't think he was gunning in the sense of taking bad shots. Majority of them were good shots that I'm assuming the team WANTS him to take, he just had an off night. It would've been much worse if he went into a shell and stopped shooting. At least he had the balls to go out guns blazing.

He actually seemed to do a pretty good job of finding teammates as well, as evidenced by the 9 assists. You're making it seem like he was out there chucking awful shot after shot, in which case I'm sure he would've gotten benched.

He would have gotten benched? Did you not notice Butler could barely move in the 2nd half and he didn't come out. Is this Wes Goldberg?

"I thought the adrenaline would kick back in and I would be able to move, and it just wasn’t the case. I wasn’t able to do anything on either side of the ball."
AirP.
RealGM

Post#969 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

Pokuokic wrote:
AirP. wrote:
al bondiga wrote: The fact is 99 Percent life is like that
we just don't see it
It's All about confidence with no skills To match it

But now and then a jordan kobe or lebron come around

You put Herro's mindset in Jovic's head and you probably have a good to great scorer. Jovic just happens to have the size and enough athletic ability where he could become a good scorer in the NBA but I don't think he has the mindset to do that.

He's been used as a spot up shooter/5th option the entire season and than add to that Bam leaving his rebounding area to stat pad instead of letting Jovic grab it and run which he should do everytime he can. If Jovic was allowed to handle/create as much as Herro/Martin/JJJ he would be cooking. Its fitting a Jovic type player cooked the Heat tonight.

Cooking doesn't exactly mean he'd be an all-star level player; it could mean he'll be a nice player for Miami.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,885

Post#971 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 pm

AirP. wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:
AirP. wrote:You put Herro's mindset in Jovic's head and you probably have a good to great scorer. Jovic just happens to have the size and enough athletic ability where he could become a good scorer in the NBA but I don't think he has the mindset to do that.

He's been used as a spot up shooter/5th option the entire season and than add to that Bam leaving his rebounding area to stat pad instead of letting Jovic grab it and run which he should do everytime he can. If Jovic was allowed to handle/create as much as Herro/Martin/JJJ he would be cooking. Its fitting a Jovic type player cooked the Heat tonight.

Cooking doesn't exactly mean he'd be an all-star level player; it could mean he'll be a nice player for Miami.

Spo only gives him a leash if he’s out there distributing. The mismanagement of Jovic continues when you’ve got Herro taking 30 shots and Jovic just 2
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,389

Post#972 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:53 pm

This era of Heat basketball is coming to an end.. we have to overhaul the team.

Jimmy’s contract will be nearly impossible to move with 48 and a 52 player option, so i assume he stays until he becomes a giant expiring in 25/26.. but everyone else around bam and jimmy, they got to go.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#973 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:This era of Heat basketball is coming to an end.. we have to overhaul the team.

Jimmy’s contract will be nearly impossible to move with 48 and a 52 player option, so i assume he stays until he becomes a giant expiring in 25/26.. but everyone else around bam and jimmy, they got to go.

I doubt it, if they were considering anything like this they wouldn't have sent a 1st out to acquire Rozier, they would have just held onto Lowry and let that contract expire which would have made it easier to get out of the tax next season.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#974 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:This era of Heat basketball is coming to an end.. we have to overhaul the team.

I absolutely agree with this. As of now K Love will opt in and be back but should be the UD end of the bench mentorship role. J Rich will most likely be back coming off the injury and opt in. Thomas Bryant is 50/50 on his minimum opt in. May be looking for more playing time. Martin will be a cap casualty. Highsmith should only come back in a situational third string defensive role for the minimum if not let him go. Orlando Robinson has 2.1 non guaranteed but don’t think he’s done enough to stick. Rozier who makes less then Herro may stick and open as starting PG next year. I would say Herro and Robinson should both be packaged out. Maybe get Brandon Ingram for that package who won’t be resigning with the Pels while the Pels get shooters for Zion.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,885

Post#975 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 pm

It should have been over last season until we went on that fluke run. The optics would have been horrible to trade Jimmy then. Now it’s time, this fantasy that we’re ever going to win a title with this group has long sailed away. Jimmy and Bam are simply not going to compliment each others games as Jimmy heads into his twilight years
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#976 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:

It should have been over last season until we went on that fluke run. The optics would have been horrible to trade Jimmy then. Now it’s time, this fantasy that we’re ever going to win a title with this group has long sailed away. Jimmy and Bam are simply not going to compliment each others games as Jimmy heads into his twilight years

Jimmy’s not going anywhere. He really has no leverage to ask out at his advanced age and we won’t get much back in return due to his bloated salary. At most some expiring contracts with a few draft assets. We also owe a pick to OKC so it’s imperative that we are competitive next year.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#977 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm

Ok... basketball-reference has their boxscores up from last night which has stats by quarter/halves and some advanced stats for the game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202404170PHI.html

Everyone on the roster but one player had a ORTG of 107 or higher for the game, Herro's ORTG last night was 96 which was helped greatly by making a couple of shots late. Herro also had the highest DRTG for the team at 126 which was expected since he's a one way player.

2 bench guys Spoelstra needed to trust more in the 2nd half were...
D.Wright played 14 minutes in the 1st half, only 8 minutes in the 2nd half.
K.Love played 11 minutes in the 1st half, only 5 in the 2nd half.

I think Spoelstra had a very bad game coaching the team last night.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,835

Post#978 » by contract » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:16 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
contract wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:?

Herro and his contract are negative value at this point, at best, neutral value. How would he possibly net us Mitchell or Ingram (even with other pieces thrown in)?

Herro wasn't enough even with Lillard trying to strong arm his way here. I'd be surprised if he can be the main piece in a trade that nets us a better player without a star having an expiring contract and giving his existing team an ultimatum.

I don't see this team improving anytime soon.

They didn’t need Herro. Team had two young guards like him already on the roster. Plus Cronin dug in about not wanting to grant Dame’s wishes

Nobody needs Herro.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,835

Post#979 » by contract » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:18 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

We can definitely win this game. It's not like we're playing a juggernaut.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,797

Post#980 » by al bondiga » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:This team and Spo with all his cliches of “we have enough” and “doing it the hard way” has run it’s course. Need an overhaul next year. Build properly around Bam. Enough of these undersized 4’s. Get guys who can bang, rebound, set screens, and have some semblance of height to deter shots. Enough propping players like Highsmith just because he can play defense but can’t take anyone off the dribble, overmatched versus bigger players, and lacks a real offensive game to be a threat playing the 2/3 spot. Get bigger and athletic in the front court. Keep Kevin Love around in the UD break in case of emergency role.
Keep in mind that this defensive identity of zone playing with small people, has been drilled into the heads of all our players
for 3-4 seasons.

There is 15 guys in each team, It's gonna be almost impossible to change our Course now.

Return to Miami Heat