ImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 1 - MIA @ BOS 4/21 at 1pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,202

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 1 - MIA @ BOS 4/21 at 1pm EST 

Post#601 » by dolphinatik » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:10 pm

So what I'm reading is. Everyone wants to play a game two without tyler herro.

I mean, everyone on the team was missing shots. And we are expected to get demolished by the celtics.
Hopefully next game. The shots fall for more than just one person.

We looked this lost the entire finals with no adjustments when spo had Beasley rotting away on the bench until garbage time in the final game and Beas went off.

I don't expect huge adjustments but I do expect our make percentage to go up. If they want to bench tyler all game might be good for him.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,829

Post#602 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:15 pm

dolphinatik wrote:So what I'm reading is. Everyone wants to play a game two without tyler herro.

I mean, everyone on the team was missing shots. And we are expected to get demolished by the celtics.

We looked this lost the entire finals with no adjustments when spo had Beasley rotting away on the bench until garbage time in the final game and Beas went off.

I don't expect huge adjustments but I do expect our make percentage to go up. If they want to bench tyler all game might be good for him.

Nah we need him, at the end of the day, nobody else is going to be available to take tough shots, or be a focus of the offense, there are no available decoys, unless we start Duncan and bench Caleb. What we need for him is to just make them to at least league averages to give us production while everyone else puts in the work adding something here and there.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,072

Post#603 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:So what I'm reading is. Everyone wants to play a game two without tyler herro.

Nah we need him, at the end of the day, nobody else is going to be available to take tough shots, or be a focus of the offense, there are no available decoys, unless we start Duncan and bench Caleb. What we need for him is to just make them to at least league averages to give us production while everyone else puts in the work adding something here and there.

I'd use Bam or Jaquez Jr to run the offense through and move Herro out to be available to shoot more 3s and help with spacing. I wouldn't mind seeing Wright start and tell Martin to come off the bench gunning and see if Miami can make it more of a game.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,389

Post#604 » by Gant » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:30 pm

NightWatch wrote:There need to be some adjustments. Miami did not came in strong against the Celtics. Somebody needs to tell JJJ try not to stop dribbling because once he do, the defense will try to trap him.

I don’t really like Tyler herro as a point guard. There seems not much happening if he plays that role. I think Miami needs to change that up. Maybe have jovic as a point forward or JJJ or Delos wright preferably jovic to have porz put in more works.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have Caleb Martin coming off the bench.

I think it’s would be beneficial if Miami try to get porz off the floor. Maybe by getting him in foul trouble early because he seems to restricted Miami offense’s capacity.

The Celtics made other improvements over the off-season, but vs the Heat, Porzingis is the most meaningful one.

From today's Miami Herald:
The Celtics’ addition of center Kristaps Porzingis continues to be a game-changer in their matchup against the Heat.

With Porzingis finishing Game 1 on Sunday with 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 4-of-8 shooting on threes, four rebounds and two blocks, the 7-foot-2 three-point shooting big man has averaged 19.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game on 11-of-22 (50 percent) shooting from three-point range in four games against the Heat this season.

“Last year was a lot easier because they didn’t have Porzingis,” Heat second-year forward Nikola Jovic said. “I think our zone really made a lot of problems for them. I think it can make a lot of problems this year, too. But with Porzingis in the lineup, he stretches the floor and he can just shoot it over almost anyone. It’s just really hard to guard him.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article287883415.html
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,072

Post#605 » by AirP. » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:42 pm

Gant wrote:
NightWatch wrote:
Spoiler:
There need to be some adjustments. Miami did not came in strong against the Celtics. Somebody needs to tell JJJ try not to stop dribbling because once he do, the defense will try to trap him.

I don’t really like Tyler herro as a point guard. There seems not much happening if he plays that role. I think Miami needs to change that up. Maybe have jovic as a point forward or JJJ or Delos wright preferably jovic to have porz put in more works.

I think it’s would be beneficial if Miami try to get porz off the floor. Maybe by getting him in foul trouble early because he seems to restricted Miami offense’s capacity.

The Celtics made other improvements over the off-season, but vs the Heat, Porzingis is the most meaningful one.

The Celtics’ addition of center Kristaps Porzingis continues to be a game-changer in their matchup against the Heat.

With Porzingis finishing Game 1 on Sunday with 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 4-of-8 shooting on threes, four rebounds and two blocks, the 7-foot-2 three-point shooting big man has averaged 19.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game on 11-of-22 (50 percent) shooting from three-point range in four games against the Heat this season.

“Last year was a lot easier because they didn’t have Porzingis,” Heat second-year forward Nikola Jovic said. “I think our zone really made a lot of problems for them. I think it can make a lot of problems this year, too. But with Porzingis in the lineup, he stretches the floor and he can just shoot it over almost anyone. It’s just really hard to guard him.”

Read on Twitter
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 413

Post#606 » by NightWatch » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:21 pm

AirP. wrote:
Gant wrote:
NightWatch wrote:
Spoiler:
There need to be some adjustments. Miami did not came in strong against the Celtics. Somebody needs to tell JJJ try not to stop dribbling because once he do, the defense will try to trap him.

Read on Twitter

Yeah, Miami needs to run Porz off the floor by getting him in foul trouble early or make him work and exerted all of his engery. For example, if bam is porz’s primary responsibility on defense then run bam as a point center. Force porz to use all his engery on defense. Porz doesn’t have a good stamina if you make him work and he will make all type of mistakes once he is exhausted. If you watched the game, he doesn’t move around much on defense. Denver did this to Vincent and Lowry last year, to wear Vincent down to make him useless on offense. It works for Denver. This could work for Miami
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,432

Post#607 » by Beenie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 pm

NightWatch wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Gant wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah, Miami needs to run Porz off the floor by getting him in foul trouble early or make him work and exerted all of his engery. For example, if bam is porz’s primary responsibility on defense then run bam as a point center. Force porz to use all his engery on defense. Porz doesn’t have a good stamina if you make him work and he will make all type of mistakes once he is exhausted. If you watched the game, he doesn’t move around much on defense. Denver did this to Vincent and Lowry last year, to wear Vincent down to make him useless on offense. It works for Denver. This could work for Miami

Problem with playing faster is the team collectively stinks at finishing at the rim, they stink on the defensive boards so its hard for them to secure the ball and go, and aren’t creating enough turnovers to get into transition particularly without Jimmy blitzing the passing lanes. (eye test)
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,829

Post#608 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:43 pm

Beenie wrote:
NightWatch wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Problem with playing faster is the team collectively stinks at finishing at the rim, they stink on the defensive boards so its hard for them to secure the ball and go, and aren’t creating enough turnovers to get into transition particularly without Jimmy blitzing the passing lanes. (eye test)

Miami has been awful this year in regards to fast break scoring, playing fast may not look as good as people think it will. Niko is the only one that looks like he can handle a fast break opportunity. Our wings looks like have 18of99 on the fast break slider in their 2K abilities.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,962

Post#609 » by KingDavid » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:37 pm

I think I poo-poo'd on Herro too much. The kid just has to play his game and not let the pressure to perform overwhelm him. I think he and everyone else will play a lot tougher and a bit better next game. It's still an extremely tall task, near impossibility as an injured 8th seed to beat the healthy, best record, and best offense in the NBA who have favorable matchups and being down our best player and 6th man.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,242

Post#610 » by Wiltside » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 am

Team needs to relax and play their game. Defend, move the ball, take good shots and run. Play free, we have nothing to lose.

Hoping for a game 2 miracle to make this a series.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,962

Post#611 » by KingDavid » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 am

KingDavid wrote:I think I poo-poo'd on Herro too much. The kid just has to play his game and not let the pressure to perform overwhelm him. I think he and everyone else will play a lot tougher and a bit better next game. It's still an extremely tall task, near impossibility as an injured 8th seed to beat the healthy, best record, and best offense in the NBA who have favorable matchups and being down our best player and 6th man.

8-)
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat