ImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 1 - MIA @ BOS 4/21 at 1pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,201

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 1 - MIA @ BOS 4/21 at 1pm EST 

Post#581 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:27 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really hope we keep him beyond this year. Spo should have been playing him a lot more.
VaDe255
Senior
And1: 667

Post#582 » by VaDe255 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:The Philly game is another indicator of his inefficiencies, had a ton of quality looks and missed them all. Once Jimmy went down be became the guy, and even as philly was adjusting to focus on him by the end of the 3rd quarter he just didn't have the focus, and struggled from everywhere on the court.

I guess you can just box score watch and say he went 9/27 scored 25 pts and that is the whole story.
What really happened though, they went into the 4th quarter with a 5p lead and Tyler was 4-17, despite him being awful they had the lead they needed.

Jimmy hobbled, Bam not able to do anything with Embiid guarding the paint.
Tyler was the only guy who was aggressive in the 4th quarter, scored 16 pts on 5/10 shooting.

He wasn't the reason they lost that game, they just didn't get stops (76ers went 4/8 from 3 in the 4th) and the rest of the team combined for only 14 pts on 7/16 2p shot attempts in the 4th.
I don't consider that a negative performance from Tyler, doing what he did in the 4th was impressive when they had no one else and all defensive attention was on him.
If they win that game, the narrative is quite different (and it happens if only one possession turns out positive for them, e.g. Spo should have really challenged that clear out of bounds that lead to a 3p play instead).

The two play in games were very encouraging for what he did, that first Boston game he was awful; passive and didn't even want the ball, passed up shots late in the shot clock too

I'm not as down on Tyler as most of you, whatever they do if they trade him or not, I'm fine with it.
He's probably a bit overpaid right now and needs to improve to make his contract valuable, but this isn't all negative and he is not as bad as ppl make him out to be.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#583 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 pm

Rapaz wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Tyler Herro's value plummeting this series is absolutely the worse thing for this team moving forward. Trying to use him in any upcoming trades, it will ultimately cost them additional assets they wouldn't have to send out previously if he would just play up to his value.

Rozier, Jovic, Jaquez, Highsmith, ORob and pick(s) is what you have to work with. A package built around Herro will be met with laughter around the league.

I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro. My thought with Mitchell is he either signs the max with the Cavs or we get beat out by another team with a lot more assets.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,722

Post#584 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:40 pm

VaDe255 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:The Philly game is another indicator of his inefficiencies, had a ton of quality looks and missed them all. Once Jimmy went down be became the guy, and even as philly was adjusting to focus on him by the end of the 3rd quarter he just didn't have the focus, and struggled from everywhere on the court.

I guess you can just box score watch and say he went 9/27 scored 25 pts and that is the whole story.
What really happened though, they went into the 4th quarter with a 5p lead and Tyler was 4-17, despite him being awful they had the lead they needed.

Tyler was the only guy who was aggressive in the 4th quarter, scored 16 pts on 5/10 shooting.

He wasn't the reason they lost that game, they just didn't get stops (76ers went 4/8 from 3 in the 4th) and the rest of the team combined for only 14 pts on 7/16 2p shot attempts in the 4th.
I don't consider that a negative performance from Tyler, doing what he did in the 4th was impressive when they had no one else and all defensive attention was on him.
If they win that game, the narrative is quite different (and it happens if only one possession turns out positive for them, e.g. Spo should have really challenged that clear out of bounds that lead to a 3p play instead).

The two play in games were very encouraging for what he did, that first Boston game he was awful; passive and didn't even want the ball, passed up shots late in the shot clock too

I'm not as down on Tyler as most of you, whatever they do if they trade him or not, I'm fine with it.
He's probably a bit overpaid right now and needs to improve to make his contract valuable, but this isn't all negative and he is not as bad as ppl make him out to be.

There were several times we could’ve pushed the lead to 20 and Tyler was bricking wide open shot after wide open shot. I’m sorry but if you lose a game by 1 and a guy is 9-27 with only 25 points he’s the reason you lost lol. Being up 5 going into the 4th doesn’t matter, it should’ve been 15. Winning and losing moments aren’t just decided in a quarter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#585 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Tyler Herro's value plummeting this series is absolutely the worse thing for this team moving forward. Trying to use him in any upcoming trades, it will ultimately cost them additional assets they wouldn't have to send out previously if he would just play up to his value.

Rozier, Jovic, Jaquez, Highsmith, ORob and pick(s) is what you have to work with. A package built around Herro will be met with laughter around the league.

I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro. My thought with Mitchell is he either signs the max with the Cavs or we get beat out by another team with a lot more assets.

I’ve always wanted Ingram, watching him last night has me cold on him right now. He was horrible and he’s also always injured
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#586 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rapaz wrote:Rozier, Jovic, Jaquez, Highsmith, ORob and pick(s) is what you have to work with. A package built around Herro will be met with laughter around the league.

I’ve always wanted Ingram, watching him last night has me cold on him right now. He was horrible and he’s also always injured

But the trade is Herro for Ingram. It's basically who do you think will have the better long term future here. If your trading someone you constantly rip on and expecting a perfect player back in return it usually doesn't work out that way. My personal opinion is the Heat would have alot to work with in trying to hone in on Ingram's talent's and size here.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,839

Post#587 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:45 pm

VaDe255 wrote:

You can't just dissect a game a say it was lost in the 4th quarter, that's not how games are won, we play all 4 quarters, what you did in the first three quarters are equally as important it sets the tone, are relieves pressure to other parts of the game. I understand what your saying but entering the 4th with an even greater lead because you did your work early would have allowed the team some breathing room for mistakes. You could say that the effort on defense that had to be put in the first 3 quarters due to the lack of offense meant that they were completely dead come the 4th to defend properly. It all balances out, and no winning that game doesn't excuse his overall bad inefficient game. Regardless he wasn't the only issue in that game, I call him out for inefficiency but that doesn't excuse the rest of the roster that is also offensively lacking. Everyone in that game had as much blame to go around.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,150

Post#588 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:45 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rapaz wrote:

I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro.

Ingram was trying to qualify for the super max, thats why he had no intention of signing an extension. Remember he is all about the money. Do you think he looks at us and thinks, yeah this is the team I will lose millions to play for after what the Celtics did to us? Thats not even accounting for the horrible fit Herro is for that team with CJ McCollum. Unless Herro becomes Wade 2.0 in these playoffs it seems unlikely we can trade him this offseason unless we are open to adding first round picks just to move him. Our best bet is to hope next year he can improve his value and then assess the situation.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#589 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rapaz wrote:Rozier, Jovic, Jaquez, Highsmith, ORob and pick(s) is what you have to work with. A package built around Herro will be met with laughter around the league.

I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro.

Ingram was trying to qualify for the super max, thats why he had no intention of signing an extension. Remember he is all about the money. Do you think he looks at us and thinks, yeah this is the team I will lose millions to play for after what the Celtics did to us? Thats not even accounting for the horrible fit Herro is for that team with CJ McCollum. Unless Herro becomes Wade 2.0 in these playoffs it seems unlikely we can trade him this offseason unless we are open to adding first round picks just to move him. Our best bet is to hope next year he can improve his value and then assess the situation.

The Herro contract is going to end up being very similar to the Robinson deal isn't it lol
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#590 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:49 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro. My thought with Mitchell is he either signs the max with the Cavs or we get beat out by another team with a lot more assets.

But the trade is Herro for Ingram. It's basically who do you think will have the better long term future here. If your trading someone you constantly rip on and expecting a perfect player back in return it usually doesn't work out that way. My personal opinion is the Heat would have alot to work with in trying to hone in on Ingram's talent's and size here.

Yeah that's why I laugh every time I see him put in a trade for Donovan Mitchell, Damien Lillard, insert superstar scorer here and then expect that to be equal return. The moment you put him in a trade for someone that iffy in health, or lacks a part of his game everyone's like nah this guys has downfalls we don't want to deal with, well does the other team want to deal with Herro's downfalls?

It's extremely crazy to me.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,923

Post#591 » by Johnny Fontane » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm

We’d need to swap Herro for an equally as bad contract. Time to start canvassing the league for anyone not named Jordan Poole who’s value is in the gutter also
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#592 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:53 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:We’d need to swap Herro for an equally as bad contract. Time to start canvassing the league for anyone not named Jordan Poole who’s value is in the gutter also

Essentially Brandon Ingram since your going to have to pay him a decent amount of money once you trade for him.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#593 » by Johnny Fontane » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:57 pm

Herro for Ben Simmons

Simmons is a large expiring contract next season and would be an out to 3 more years of Herro. Jimmy can go too he has outlived his usefulness to us IMO. Another team would greatly benefit from his services even entering his age 35 season
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#594 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:57 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:We’d need to swap Herro for an equally as bad contract. Time to start canvassing the league for anyone not named Jordan Poole who’s value is in the gutter also

Essentially Brandon Ingram since your going to have to pay him a decent amount of money once you trade for him.

Or hear me out, trade for him and use him for that year and see if he lives up to the value, and if not let him go into free agency and Boom you've clear a bunch of money of your teams salary.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#595 » by Johnny Fontane » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:57 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Heat would take that in a second but surely another team will outbid us yet again
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#596 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:59 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Has the feel we’ll get outbid though again

Ingram has just enough warts that we should be able to put up a competitive offer and his agent Jeff Schwartz is very Heat friendly. We take good care of his clients financially.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#597 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:00 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Or hear me out, trade for him and use him for that year and see if he lives up to the value, and if not let him go into free agency and Boom you've clear a bunch of money of your teams salary.

The issue with that is you will be dealing in bad faith with his agent Jeff Schwartz who we have to keep in good graces since we don't deal with Klutch lol
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,760

Post#598 » by HeatFanDan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 pm

balla345 wrote:We have lost 7 of our last 8 games to Boston

It's okay, they have an unlimited payroll. I mean seriously, how do they afford all those guys?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#599 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:24 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think Herro could possibly get someone like Brandon Ingram who's going into the final year of his deal and not wanting to resign with the Pels. I know that Herro has a fan in Zion. Maybe Schwartz is apt to be fine with his clients swapping teams here as he can work on an extension for Ingram with the Heat and Herro gets a change of scenery. That's about the best I can see us doing with Herro. My thought with Mitchell is he either signs the max with the Cavs or we get beat out by another team with a lot more assets.

Yea if it’s a straight up swap I’m all for it but surely his value hasn’t dropped that far. Maybe it has though I have no clue.

It’s going to be wild when The Godfather unloads Herro Terry and Duncan with our 1st this year and any additional picks for Mitchell and Ingram
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#600 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:30 pm

Don’t lose sight of the main goal, there are far worse outcomes for the Cavs than getting some combination of Herro Terry Duncan Martin 2 1sts and MAYBE 1 of Jaime or Jovic for the expiring Mitchell.

Mitchell is basically a free agent this summer, a team outbidding the offer mentioned above for a guy that doesn’t want to be there is a very big risk.

Bam is his best friend and they were just talking during the last playoff game about Wade being his mentor and “idol”

Mitchell is the only thing that matters this summer and in the meantime we need to be praying on the Cavs downfall.

The Heat losing in 4-5 round 1 to the Celtics followed by the Cavs losing to them in round 2 happened 14 years ago and resulted in us getting the Cavs best player that summer of 2010. Stay tuned.
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat