ImageImageImage

How Many Centers Better than Bam?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Jokic
21%
Embiid
21%
AD
18%
Wemby
15%
Holmgren
6%
Sabonis
3%
Porzingis
4%
Jarrett Allen
3%
Sengun
4%
Hartenstein
3%

Total votes: 117

powerball1373
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,671

Post#1 » by powerball1373 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 am

Was listening to the LeBatard show today and Dan said an NBA source he trusts has 13 centers above Bam right now. List and link to vid below, appears to only be 12 names, but most of the list is lol worthy. I'll give em Jokic, Embiid, AD, and Wemby, but def not any of the rest. Thoughts?

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

https://www.youtube.com/live/pIMh9ihNya4?si=nTcunHPhd42100IY&t=2730

Starts at 45:30

Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Re: How Many Centers Better than Bam? 

Post#2 » by Shewasfly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 am

Nurkic, Allen, Lopez, Hartenstein are absolute NOs. Bam is better than them all around.

But all the rest are either clearly better or very debatably so.
:tiredJB:
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by powerball1373 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 am

Shewasfly wrote:Nurkic, Allen, Lopez, Hartenstein are absolute NOs. Bam is better than them all around.

I would def not rather have Sabonis. Porzingis I think is getting the benefit of his role on the Celts this year, but Bam has a better overall body of work. Sengun and Chet may be better down the road but I don't think they're quite there yet.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#4 » by Shewasfly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 am

powerball1373 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Nurkic, Allen, Lopez, Hartenstein are absolute NOs. Bam is better than them all around.

I would def not rather have Sabonis. Porzingis I think is getting the benefit of his role on the Celts this year, but Bam has a better overall body of work. Sengun and Chet may be better down the road but I don't think they're quite there yet.

I'm kind of looking at it from both the standpoint of what they're producing now and their potential, which might be where LeBatard rankings come from too.

Porzingis is a legitimate 3rd guy on both sides of the floor.
I think Sengun and Holmgreen have a ton of potential while already being similarly impactful/important as far as their teams go.
Sabonis I agree with you, I wouldn't take him before Bam either. Didn't even notice him on there. I bet the argument being made for him being equal to Bam is as far as his offense and size. I can't see any argument to say Sabonis is better at this point though imo.
:tiredJB:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,563

Post#5 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am

he's around top 5.

he's NOT our problem, the team around him is.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,991

Post#6 » by contract » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:43 am

powerball1373 wrote:Was listening to the LeBatard show today and Dan said an NBA source he trusts has 13 centers above Bam right now. List and link to vid below, appears to only be 12 names, but most of the list is lol worthy. I'll give em Jokic, Embiid, AD, and Wemby, but def not any of the rest. Thoughts?

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

A source Dan trusts is clueless.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,768

Post#7 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Jokic Embiid and AD if he’s considered a center, he can never make up his mind and his soft ass always wants to be a PF.

Wemby will be, maybe as early as next season but putting up numbers on a bottom 5 team doesn’t move me. Add Bam to his hometown Hornets and make him the 1st option and he’d average 25-11-6 but he’d be surrounded by bums so they likely wouldn’t win much. I think Wemby could be a top 10 player in the league overall by next year but I need to see it on a winning team.

Surely to god people don’t really think any of the others are in the conversation right now. Sabonis and KP are laughable and the other guys shouldn’t have even been mentioned, dude is an idiot.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#8 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

Who the FUXK voted Wemby and even moreso Chet and what’s your argument? :curse:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#9 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm

Jokic - Yes

Embiid - Yes, he needs to retire soon before he’s wheelchair bound.

AD - Sure, when he is available like he has been this season.

Wemby - not yet but will be the best player in the world in 3 years.

Holmgren - no lol

Sabonis - no, empty stats with early postseason runs in major part to how flawed he is on offense AND defense. No argument.

Porzingis - no lol outside of being like 8 foot tall he’s not a very good defender, lacks instincts and toughness. Missed like 30+ games a year and offensively he can shoot better and yet over his career he scores at nearly the same rate as bam while taking more shots and being a worse defender passer and rebounder. This isn’t even an argument.

Nurkic - disrespectful

Jarrett Allen - “lights are too bright”

Lopez - disrespectful

Sengun - high offensive upside with 0 defense on a bottom team, no.

Hartenstein - disrespectful

No mention of Gobert? He’s also not better than Bam but he’s better than some of these other guys
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#10 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 pm

Last little tidbit, I take it back Bam is better than AD. AD can’t win in Denver next to the GOAT and Gabe Vincent, Bam won in Denver next to Gabe Vincent and Cody Zeller.
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,481

Post#11 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:05 pm

How many power forwards better than Bam?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,086

Post#12 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm

As of right now and healthy, I'm taking Jovic, Embiid, Wemby and probably AD over Bam, in the next few years probably Holmgren too because of his size/reach, athletic ability (not a stiff) and his offense. Bam adding a 3pt shot will keep him up in the conversation for top 5 centers in the league.

Wemby is just going to dominate if he doesn't have a major injury or multiple. Looking at his rates. Per36 as a rookie... 26 pts, 13 reb, nearly 5 ast, 4.3 blocks, 1.5 steals and 2.2 3s made. His only real weakness is being that tall, athletic and not bulky is that defenders can get below his center of gravity to try to limit his rebounding and even then, he can just reach over them without fouling them. Right now, only OKC is set up to challenge Wemby because they have a center that can somewhat battle with him in Chet.

I do wonder if Miami understands to win a Championship, you'll probably have to go through Wemby for probably over a decade and will start trying to find a lengthy somewhat defensive athletic center to combat Wemby and soon Chet by moving Bam to PF with a much bigger player at center. The only true counter might be to bomb and make 3s at a high rate nearly all game long.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,127

Post#13 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:55 pm

DayofMourning wrote:How many power forwards better than Bam?
quick make another poll :lol:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,127

Post#14 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 pm

AirP. wrote:As of right now and healthy, I'm taking Jovic, Embiid, Wemby and probably AD over Bam, in the next few years probably Holmgren too because of his size/reach, athletic ability (not a stiff) and his offense. Bam adding a 3pt shot will keep him up in the conversation for top 5 centers in the league.

Wemby is just going to dominate if he doesn't have a major injury or multiple. Looking at his rates. Per36 as a rookie... 26 pts, 13 reb, nearly 5 ast, 4.3 blocks, 1.5 steals and 2.2 3s made. His only real weakness is being that tall, athletic and not bulky is that defenders can get below his center of gravity to try to limit his rebounding and even then, he can just reach over them without fouling them. Right now, only OKC is set up to challenge Wemby because they have a center that can somewhat battle with him in Chet.

I do wonder if Miami understands to win a Championship, you'll probably have to go through Wemby for probably over a decade and will start trying to find a lengthy somewhat defensive athletic center to combat Wemby and soon Chet by moving Bam to PF with a much bigger player at center. The only true counter might be to bomb and make 3s at a high rate nearly all game long.

he has to be surrounded by the right players if he wants to win championships. right now and lets say in the next 2-3 years the nuggets are going to still be in the conversation. there's not a team that is comparable to denver, not even close
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 am

Hmmm it's possible the 'source' was going by the EPM list, as this is what it shows (filtered to exclude low MPG & GP, as Kevin Love would've been ranked higher than Bam as well). Shartenstein way up there lol.

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,895

Post#16 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am

powerball1373 wrote:Was listening to the LeBatard show today and Dan said an NBA source he trusts has 13 centers above Bam right now. List and link to vid below, appears to only be 12 names, but most of the list is lol worthy. I'll give em Jokic, Embiid, AD, and Wemby, but def not any of the rest. Thoughts?

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

Tells you all you need to know about lebatards bball knowledge that he trusts such a mentally deficient source
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:04 am

Doomers having a field day on this board rn
powerball1373
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:14 am

greg4012 wrote:

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

Tells you all you need to know about lebatards bball knowledge that he trusts such a mentally deficient source

To be fair, he didn't say he agreed with it, he was just relaying the message. Lebatard is known to be one of the most plugged in people with the Heat, not some random YouTube dork lol.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 am

powerball1373 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

To be fair, he didn't say he agreed with it, he was just relaying the message. Lebatard is known to be one of the most plugged in people with the Heat, not some random YouTube dork lol.

And you think it was a plug of his with the heat that had that opinion?

There's value in having sources and being able to obtain info. There's value to being entertaining and provocative. There's value in understanding and analyzing the game.

I think Lebatard brings 2 of the above 3 to the table. I do not confuse proficiency in any one of the above to mean proficiency in the others
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 843

Post#20 » by ZoStrong » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am

powerball1373 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Jokic
Embiid
AD
Wemby
Holmgren
Sabonis
Porzingis
Nurkic
Jarrett Allen
Lopez
Sengun
Hartenstein

You know, that show is really about trolling people, lol.

Return to Miami Heat