ImageImageImage

HEAT PLAYOFF BASKETBALL! MIAMI V. FOUR LEAF FRAUDS, 4/27, 6PM, FINISH THEM!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 307

Re: HEAT PLAYOFF BASKETBALL! MIAMI V. FOUR LEAF FRAUDS, 4/27, 6PM, FINISH THEM!!! 

Post#401 » by HeatFan_NC » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

Anyone dressed like that cannot be taken seriously. How is there not someone around him to tell him he should reconsider appearing in public like that?

Well when his play isn’t getting him in any headlines might as well try to make a fashion statement!!!

We shouldn't expect anything else. Our star player was on the bench looking like Mickey Mouse. Only makes sense for the rest of the team to follow suit in yesterday's production of "Disney on Hardwood"!
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,477

Re: HEAT PLAYOFF BASKETBALL! MIAMI V. FOUR LEAF FRAUDS, 4/27, 6PM, FINISH THEM!!! 

Post#402 » by twix2500 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm

carnageta wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Herro is a such a liability on defense, everyone else is doing fine but man the guy is not even trying....Need more from Herro/Bam/Martin. Seems like the X factors in the series are KP/Martin. This playoff Celtics team does not impress me at all once they go against a team with 5 average or above defenders they're in trouble.

If they beat us they're going all the way to the finals. The east runs through Miami, Boston, and Milwaukee - regardless of seeding. With the Heat and Bucks both hobbled, Boston is likely going to run through the remaining teams in no more than 6 games / series (unless of course they start encountering serious injuries themselves).

And once you make the finals, anything can happen. They do not look as impressive as Denver or Minnesota, but I wouldn't count them out, especially since the West is an absolute gauntlet and the winner of Denver/Minnesota/OKC/Dallas etc/etc is going to endure a lot of wear and tear just to make it out of the conference.

Every team in the east who went to the finals since the bubble had to beat Miami
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#403 » by dubasilva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 am

HeatFan_NC wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
Anyone dressed like that cannot be taken seriously. How is there not someone around him to tell him he should reconsider appearing in public like that?

Well when his play isn’t getting him in any headlines might as well try to make a fashion statement!!!

We shouldn't expect anything else. Our star player was on the bench looking like Mickey Mouse. Only makes sense for the rest of the team to follow suit in yesterday's production of "Disney on Hardwood"!

Hey, I'm the old guy here.

As much as I dislike the dress code from Herro and Jimmy's Mickey Mouse hairstyle (I thought the same when I saw his interview LOL), the game of basketball has changed, and the World has changed.

They are not young people trying to interview for a job. These are millionaires.

The Miami Heat must avoid being a team that is too difficult to play for, given all the demands we require from the players, including the dress code. I feel that many players are not willing to come from South Florida because of these demands. Even Spo stopped wearing business suits.

The real question is: Would it matter if Herro was a true superstar? If Herro could take over and win important games?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,971

Post#404 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am

I wonder where Kevin Durants head space is at, wondering if he had just held in a bit stronger for Miami instead of putting Phoenix number 1. Hes got another 2 years left on his contract $49.8M - 2024/25 & $53.2M - 2025/26 season. Keep in mind he played 75 games this season which is really good for a guy his age. Averaged 27ppg on 52% FG 41% 3PP 6rb 5ast, is still premier player at his age, size is king as they say if he was 6'-4" he wouldn't be this productive at this age. I feel like Durant here at the PF spot would be insane next to Bam.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,229

Post#405 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

IceColdCubano wrote:I wonder where Kevin Durants head space is at, wondering if he had just held in a bit stronger for Miami instead of putting Phoenix number 1. Hes got another 2 years left on his contract $49.8M - 2024/25 & $53.2M - 2025/26 season. Keep in mind he played 75 games this season which is really good for a guy his age. Averaged 27ppg on 52% FG 41% 3PP 6rb 5ast, is still premier player at his age, size is king as they say if he was 6'-4" he wouldn't be this productive at this age. I feel like Durant here at the PF spot would be insane next to Bam.

Personally, I'd pass on Durant. I don't think he is taking basketball seriously at this point, and I don't blame him. He's not as bad as Harden, but we're talking about two guys who are just collecting a check at this point. They're just talented enough to continue to put up great numbers.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#406 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:13 am

SA37 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:I wonder where Kevin Durants head space is at, wondering if he had just held in a bit stronger for Miami instead of putting Phoenix number 1. Hes got another 2 years left on his contract $49.8M - 2024/25 & $53.2M - 2025/26 season. Keep in mind he played 75 games this season which is really good for a guy his age. Averaged 27ppg on 52% FG 41% 3PP 6rb 5ast, is still premier player at his age, size is king as they say if he was 6'-4" he wouldn't be this productive at this age. I feel like Durant here at the PF spot would be insane next to Bam.

Personally, I'd pass on Durant. I don't think he is taking basketball seriously at this point, and I don't blame him. He's not as bad as Harden, but we're talking about two guys who are just collecting a check at this point. They're just talented enough to continue to put up great numbers.

I mean Duran'ts and Jimmy's timeline run side by side contractually speaking, why not just go do it once and for all go all out. Ride the Jimmy bus off the cliff as they say.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,229

Post#407 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Spoiler:
SA37 wrote:

I mean Duran'ts and Jimmy's timeline run side by side contractually speaking, why not just go do it once and for all go all out. Ride the Jimmy bus off the cliff as they say.

I imagine the price would be steep for Durant, especially in terms of draft picks. I saw a post on Twitter (not sure if this is accurate), but it said Phoenix does not have almost any draft picks over the next ~5 years. Anyway, I don't think Miami has the pieces that would really improve Phoenix that aren't named Bam.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#408 » by dubasilva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 am

I agree that will be a great fit next to Bam. The issue is if he's still taking Bball seriously, or if he's just milking the cow $$$$.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#409 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

dubasilva wrote:

I agree that will be a great fit next to Bam. The issue is if he's still taking Bball seriously, or if he's just milking the cow $$$$.

He looked like he was the only one that cared during the Minnesota series.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,998

Post#410 » by contract » Fri May 3, 2024 11:44 pm

*unsticky*
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat