ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,792

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#341 » by Rapaz » Fri May 3, 2024 2:17 pm

Batum must be included in the Butler trade package. No exceptions. :wavefinger:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,727

Post#342 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 3, 2024 2:26 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If you don’t extend Butler you have to trade him someplace that will. I still want to extend him but that could be my heart speaking

Def heart speaking. I get it.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,541

Post#343 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:28 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:If you don’t extend Butler you have to trade him someplace that will. I still want to extend him but that could be my heart speaking

Def heart speaking. I get it.

Build back with Bam’s boys better is my new offseason motto lol
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,219

Post#344 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 2:31 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If you don’t extend Butler you have to trade him someplace that will. It’s really that simple

Pretty much. If he has a great season next year, he could opt out for nothing and easily get a 1+1 from someone out there.

With Butler moved and Bam being a good but not great scorer Miami's looking at a lot of right around .500 possibly below seasons unless you can bench Bam and his defense to tank.

I'm not worried about Butler, if he's traded he's going to a team that thinks they can win the championship or they wouldn't trade for him but for Miami, it may be dark times until you find a new #1 that the FO has been looking for, for half a decade to team up with Butler and Bam. I just don't understand why Miami fans want to go back to .500 being a great season with no playoff hopes, at least with Butler there's some hope and a chance to build up assets in the meantime, possibly acquiring a new #1 to make Butler leaving (retiring) even easier.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,646

Post#345 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 3, 2024 2:35 pm

oh man

dis gonna be a long summer

not in a good way
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
AirP.
RealGM

Post#346 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 2:36 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Butler facilitates a Mitchell deal then i can live with this.

Quick question... why wouldn't the 76ers just go get Mitchell who is much younger?
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#347 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:37 pm

AirP. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:If you don’t extend Butler you have to trade him someplace that will. It’s really that simple

Pretty much. If he has a great season next year, he could opt out for nothing and easily get a 1+1 from someone out there.

With Butler moved and Bam being a good but not great scorer Miami's looking at a lot of right around .500 possibly below seasons unless you can bench Bam and his defense to tank.

I'm not worried about Butler, if he's traded he's going to a team that thinks they can win the championship or they wouldn't trade for him but for Miami, it may be dark times until you find a new #1 that the FO has been looking for, for half a decade to team up with Butler and Bam. I just don't understand why Miami fans want to go back to .500 being a great season with no playoff hopes, at least with Butler there's some hope and a chance to build up assets in the meantime, possibly acquiring a new #1 to make Butler leaving (retiring) even easier.

Trading Butler only works for me if another star is being facilitated to come in and take his place. Mitchell is the only answer for me. Might be complicated.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#348 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:38 pm

AirP. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Butler facilitates a Mitchell deal then i can live with this.

Quick question... why wouldn't the 76ers just go get Mitchell who is much younger?

Cause Mitchell possibly doesn’t want the Sixers. I get what you're saying though
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,199

Post#349 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 3, 2024 2:39 pm

How in the world are people overlooking we would need to trade with Daryl Morey for any 76er deal to get approved. This is going to be a long long long summer.
Rapaz
RealGM

Post#350 » by Rapaz » Fri May 3, 2024 2:43 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:How in the world are people overlooking we would need to trade with Daryl Morey for any 76er deal to get approved. This is going to be a long long long summer.

Fam, I don’t think I have the energy for a Daryl Morey shtick AND a Dan Gilbert shtick this summer.

Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,996

Post#351 » by Johnny Fontane » Fri May 3, 2024 2:43 pm

At this point you probably have to at least give a Bam build a few years to see what we’ve got. That said, if someone comes knocking with a Gobert type of package for him you take it and not think twice
Rapaz
RealGM

Post#352 » by Rapaz » Fri May 3, 2024 2:46 pm

Let’s nuke this thing.

3 picks for Jimmy
5 picks for Bam
7 picks for Spo

And we dump all our toxic contracts: Herro, Plumpkin, Riley, etc.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#353 » by AirP. » Fri May 3, 2024 2:48 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Trading Butler only works for me if another star is being facilitated to come in and take his place. Mitchell is the only answer for me. Might be complicated.

If Miami can get a new #1 option, go for it and sign them long term before the new media deal. If you can't, who knows how long it'll be before you do with most teams having cap space as the cap skyrockets upward. After the new media deal 10% increases are going to be 14-15 mil a year for the new few years as they head towards the cap increasing 20 mil a year in year 5 of the new media deal.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,087

Post#354 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:50 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Debating whether it’s better offering Jovic or the 15th pick with Herro. I think I might like da Silva or Filipowski more than I do Jovic.

If Jovic was in this draft he would be a locked and loaded top 10 pick at minimum
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#355 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:53 pm

Rapaz wrote:Let’s nuke this thing.

3 picks for Jimmy
5 picks for Bam
7 picks for Spo

And we dump all our toxic contracts: Herro, Plumpkin, Riley, etc.

Go eat a costco trouser dog Cronin
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#356 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:54 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Here’s why i’m on the fence with Niko. He’s a stretch 4 so that’s definitely a plus next to Bam but don’t feel he’s rugged enough to be a pure compliment to Bam or to get back to Heat physical style of play. Niko is too busy playing like a guard when Bam needs another guy who can do the dirty work like rebound, screen, and give him a break defensively. Crowder and Tucker did a lot of those things and we saw great success with those two. Desperately been missing that element next to Bam.

That's what a 3rd big is for. Time to jump on the Daron Holmes train as a perfect flex 4-5 rotation big for Miami because of his fit next to either Bam or Niko
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#357 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:55 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Debating whether it’s better offering Jovic or the 15th pick with Herro. I think I might like da Silva or Filipowski more than I do Jovic.

If Jovic was in this draft he would be a locked and loaded top 10 pick at minimum

Other teams might think this as well which once again puts Jovic at the top of our needle moving assets to get a deal done.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#358 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 2:56 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Here’s why i’m on the fence with Niko. He’s a stretch 4 so that’s definitely a plus next to Bam but don’t feel he’s rugged enough to be a pure compliment to Bam or to get back to Heat physical style of play. Niko is too busy playing like a guard when Bam needs another guy who can do the dirty work like rebound, screen, and give him a break defensively. Crowder and Tucker did a lot of those things and we saw great success with those two. Desperately been missing that element next to Bam.

That's what a 3rd big is for. Time to jump on the Daron Holmes train as a perfect flex 4-5 rotation big for Miami because of his fit next to either Bam or Niko

Already discussing this now in the draft thread. The third big could be the key to unlocking our true potential of the front court.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#359 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:57 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Just say no to sleepy Ingram

The big picture outlook here is that if he continues to be sleepy then you let him walk next year and clear his 36 million off the books. I sense he’ll have a banner year here playing for his next big contract with Spo unlocking full potential. It’s a worthy gamble and at worst you unloaded the contracts of Herro and Robinson.

One could argue we jumped at the wrong PG with our best moveable asset. Is Ingram the absolute best we could do with the tradeable assets we have left?

Which PG alternative was attainable?
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#360 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:58 pm

Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:One could argue we jumped at the wrong PG with our best moveable asset. Is Ingram the absolute best we could do with the tradeable assets we have left?

Possibly. It’s a logical one considering all the factors. That’s unless you’re in the camp that we could realistically get Mitchell with Herro, Robinson, and Jovic. I’d like to see a healthy Rozier here after a full camp before making the determination that trading a late first for him was a terrible idea. It only looks terrible due to previous years of piss poor asset management. In particular the KZ Okpala trade in which we didn’t even take advantage of at the time.

I think what’s lost with Ingram is he’s in the right age group for us. He’s a young vet. He’s literally the same age as Bam, despite the fact it feels like he’s been around forever. At 26-27 years of age, he still has probably 5 years of prime before the decline.

Could argue he has more to unlock in his game. Everything has been catered to Zion in NO.

Give me an evolved usage variation of 2020 and 2021 Ingram:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/brandon-ingram-shot-chart-by-season

Return to Miami Heat