Arnold out, Edwards in

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Arnold out, Edwards in 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jul 7, 2007 6:20 am

Announced on boston.com's bruins section

Bad decision. First off, they should have renewed Dales contract. He has been a great announcer for the bruins. Second, putting Jack Edwards in full time is not a good decision. He cant compare to dale.

Dale was reportedly offered a lower bruins position, but he turned it down. Good move Dale.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#2 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jul 7, 2007 4:44 pm

Pretty sure this is Dale himself from another forum. Here is what he had to say:

Folks:

I posted this within the Jack Edwards thread, then realized that people might not even know it was there. I resubmit it here, just so my own side of this story can finally come out. Thanks

Just for the record --- and you'll note I have note said a single word about this since it first came up --- my work at WEEI had nothing to do with this decision by NESN, despite what they have said to make it seem inevitable. They first approached me, and said they wanted a single play-by-play announcer, and would I accept the Eric Frede role as host for all telecasts. I said that even if I could accept the demotion --- and that is how I looked at it --- I couldn't possibly work that many nights. They then asked if I would serve as host for the home telecasts. I again reiterated that I considered myself a play-by-play announcer, not a studio host. In possibly the most painful moment of my professional life, I told NESN that if I could not continue as play-by-play announcer then I could no longer be a part of their telecasts. I feel that the advantage of having one of two Bruins' announcers also serve as a talkshow host on the highest rated sportsradio station in America outweighs the perceived advantage of a single play-by-play announcer. NESN disagrees. This has been brought up as a possibility in the past and the Bruins have come to my defense in the past. I guess all dreams must come to an end, and this puts an end to mine. All I ever wanted was to be the play-by-play announcer for the Boston Bruins. I always joked that they had to pay me for the day job, but that I would do the night job for free. Now I can't even do it for that.
Dale
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Dakid21KG » Mon Jul 9, 2007 5:48 am

Thats cool, I love edwards, but I will miss dale

Return to Boston Bruins