ImageImageImageImage

Tim Thomas.

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Tim Thomas. 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:01 am

I'm just curious to see what a Bruins fans standpoint on Tim Thomas is. Personally, every time you guys have played vs us (The Habs) he has been nothing short of sensational for the most part. Where do you think your team would be if it wasnt for Thomas this season?
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Dakid21KG » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:53 pm

Thomas is the type of goalie that hates to loose. If he lets in a goal he either snaps the puck out of the net and starts yelling at himself or he jumps up quick in disgust. But honestly he is not a playoff goalie or championship goalie. He is good, but average.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#3 » by Crowned » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:42 am

Dakid21KG wrote:Thomas is the type of goalie that hates to loose. If he lets in a goal he either snaps the puck out of the net and starts yelling at himself or he jumps up quick in disgust. But honestly he is not a playoff goalie or championship goalie. He is good, but average.

I love that in a goaltender. Him and his competitive nature HATES getting scored on...I wish more goaltenders were like this.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#4 » by The Rondo Show » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:38 am

Too inconsistent to be a #1 goalie on a team that is going to go anywhere. They need Hannu to regain last years form or Tuukka Rask to be the real deal.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:57 am

kobeSTOPkobeDONT wrote:Too inconsistent to be a #1 goalie on a team that is going to go anywhere. They need Hannu to regain last years form or Tuukka Rask to be the real deal.

Hannu looked good in the game vs the Habs on Tuesday. I believe he is going to be a solid goaltender in this league.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
BS007
Banned User

Post#6 » by BS007 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:30 am

Tim Thomas is the tits. Plain and simple, he is a spark behind the next and his drive to win makes me like him. Sure hes not the best goalie out there, but he's better than Hannu
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#7 » by Crowned » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:09 am

kobeSTOPkobeDONT wrote:Too inconsistent to be a #1 goalie on a team that is going to go anywhere. They need Hannu to regain last years form or Tuukka Rask to be the real deal.

That'll be a few years before that can happen.
GreenerPastures
Banned User

Post#8 » by GreenerPastures » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:00 pm

I don't have a problem with Tim. He's done a very good job considering the circumstances. I mean, why keep messing around with the "nucleus" of this team. The only real keeper seems to be Patrice Bergeron, who's a nice player and all, but clearly isn't a franchise player a la Joe Thornton. He just isn't as skilled. Again, a nice player, I'm not advocating that we trade him or anything. Another shakeup is really the last thing we need right now.

I think our lack of success ultimately comes down to the coaching staff, and I know I'm not the only one who hasn't been very impressed with Dave Lewis. The management gave him a bunch of solid veterans in their primes to work with and he couldn't translate that talent into at the very worst A playoff appearance.
Boston's Future
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Boston's Future » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:41 pm

A good team starts with a coach and goalie. I think we got a decent coach, now we need a solid goalie. Thomas is a nice backup option, but has overachieved and I think he really isn't a solid option for the future

Return to Boston Bruins