Your \favourite Flame 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:36 pm

Dion Phaneuf
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by moose man » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:57 pm

Stephane Yelle - the guy does all the little things to win, got to love it!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:58 am

You have to love Dion Phaneuf. How can you not!?
Flames are my team in the West!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:42 am

starplayer02 wrote:You have to love Dion Phaneuf. How can you not!?
Flames are my team in the West!

lol well if your a leaf an you should come to a better team and a team that will get past the first let alone second round :wink:

\i agree the hit on Hamel is hit of the year and it is not close
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:41 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lol well if your a leaf an you should come to a better team and a team that will get past the first let alone second round :wink:

\i agree the hit on Hamel is hit of the year and it is not close

Haha nah I'm not a Leafs fan :P I'm a Habs fan through and Through. But I'll cheer for the Flames come playoff time in the West!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:06 pm

starplayer02 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Haha nah I'm not a Leafs fan :P I'm a Habs fan through and Through. But I'll cheer for the Flames come playoff time in the West!

Still fulltime Flames fan is great.

How do you fancy the HAbs making the playoffs?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Snayr » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:04 am

Still fulltime Flames fan is great.

How do you fancy the HAbs making the playoffs?

Thanks for the offer but I'll stick with my team ;)

I honestly think the Habs have a very good chance of making the playoffs, with a chance of even finishing in 6th in the East.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=9020&hubname=
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#8 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 4, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks for the offer but I'll stick with my team ;)

I honestly think the Habs have a very good chance of making the playoffs, with a chance of even finishing in 6th in the East.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=9020&hubname=

I doubt they do any damage though.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Snayr » Wed Apr 4, 2007 10:28 am

I doubt they do any damage though.

I think they may be a surprise team. They were pretty good, then went into a HUGE slump... but now they are back again and in form. Kovalev always turns it on in the playoffs. This team could be a sleeper ;)
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by moose man » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:45 pm

Depending on their first round oppenent I could see the Habs in an upset. No way they take out Buffalo though, and no way they take out New Jersey because Brodeur always plays out of his mind in Montreal.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:03 am

moose man wrote:Depending on their first round oppenent I could see the Habs in an upset. No way they take out Buffalo though, and no way they take out New Jersey because Brodeur always plays out of his mind in Montreal.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this one regarding Buffalo. Montreal and Buffalo are quite alike in their style of play. They both like to get up and down, and are always buzzing around the net. However, Buffalo does have a lot of offensive firepower, compared to the Habs. But I still think that the Habs could compete and beat the Sabres in 7.

The Devils on the other hand, I completely agree with you. The Devils have our number, Brodeur has our number. No matter what he always plays amazing vs the Habs and the NJ trap always takes away our game. I'd rather not see the Habs play NJ anyways, just due to the fact that its freakin' boring hockey to watch. I almost feel sorry for all the NJ fans out there.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#12 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:44 am

I will side with moose here because I am pretty sure Buffalo is a speedy team that likes to play fancy hickey wiht special dangles nad what not.

Montreal is more classic with normal passes, body in front of the net and hoping for a deflection.

Buffalo will come out of the east,
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by moose man » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:04 pm

I agree that both Montreal and Buffalo play similar games but I feel Buffalo has more depth and better goaltending. And in the playoffs it comes down to depth and goaltending.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Snayr » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:30 am

moose man wrote:I agree that both Montreal and Buffalo play similar games but I feel Buffalo has more depth and better goaltending. And in the playoffs it comes down to depth and goaltending.

Yeah I agree, though I don't know about the goaltending, especially now since Huet is back, and with Halak playing really well. The depth I definitely agree with ya on. I'm just saying, they COULD possibly squeek it out in 7. It would be a good series. The Devils I believe 100% we can't beat.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by moose man » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:29 am

The only problem is, Huet will be rusty and they aren't going to toss him in down the stretch to regain his form when they need both games. And Halak hasn't even played a full season yet. He can either be a Cam Ward and shock everyone or be a Marty Turco and fall flat on his face.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#16 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Apr 6, 2007 10:05 am

Sorry to Interupt but this a Flames htread and it would be nice to get back ont opic.

We all knwo teh HAbs will be eaten up by Buffalo. :wink:
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 8, 2007 8:59 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Sorry to Interupt but this a Flames htread and it would be nice to get back ont opic.

We all knwo teh HAbs will be eaten up by Buffalo. :wink:

Sigh... doesn't matter anymore anyways since The Habs have said goodbye to the playoffs. I am also a fan of Kipper... the guy is solid.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#18 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sun Apr 8, 2007 6:02 pm

Sigh... doesn't matter anymore anyways since The Habs have said goodbye to the playoffs. I am also a fan of Kipper... the guy is solid.

My brother was pissed he is a Habs fan and im happy becasuse we lost and Colorado did so we Clinch.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Snayr » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:59 am

My brother was pissed he is a Habs fan and im happy becasuse we lost and Colorado did so we Clinch.

Congrats on the clinch, and let your brother know I feel his pain lol.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#20 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:42 am

Congrats on the clinch, and let your brother know I feel his pain lol.

thanx man

PS: congrats on becoming a moderator I cant wait for the day if at all I can have the same responsibilities as that.

Return to Calgary Flames