Date Time (ET) Location Network
Thu., April 12 7:00 p.m. at Detroit CBC

Sun., April 15 1:00 p.m. at Detroit CBC

Tue., April 17 10:00 p.m. at Calgary CBC

Thu., April 19 TBD at Calgary CBC

*Sat., April 21 3:00 p.m. at Detroit CBC

*Sun., April 22 TBD at Calgary CBC

*Tue., April 24 TBD at Detroit CBC
Should be an entertaining series none the less. Keep all first round series talk in here.
Garbage2Hero
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Garbage2Hero » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:00 am

in this series the calgary's offense will need to step up in order to win their series. I think the Wings will comeout with this series..though imrooting for calgary.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#3 » by moose man » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:24 am

It's not the offense Im worried about as I feel Calgary can win those close 1 goal games rather its the defense. Detroit takes the most shots per game in the west. We aren't exactly the tightest team with the shots against. I feel if they can contain and wear down the wings they'll win the series. If they try and out score Detroit, we're going to be golfing early.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#4 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:04 pm

Umm well we played great defensive hockey agsinst them last game.

Plus detroit has not played so well agaisnt alberta teasm in the playoffs
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by DEREK57 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:25 pm

I agree with mooseman. I might just be nostalgic, but i think we need to go back to being our 2004 playoffs selves. Play hard, physical, wear them down, and never let in an unearned goal.

Detroit has changed since i last paid attention to them, but they still come across as old, and talented, we could wear them down, and we have greater offensive talent than we've had for a while, that part of the game should work itself out. Theres no leading team in the west i'd rather have the flames playing against. :nod:
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 am

DEREK57 wrote:I agree with mooseman. I might just be nostalgic, but i think we need to go back to being our 2004 playoffs selves. Play hard, physical, wear them down, and never let in an unearned goal.

Detroit has changed since i last paid attention to them, but they still come across as old, and talented, we could wear them down, and we have greater offensive talent than we've had for a while, that part of the game should work itself out. Theres no leading team in the west i'd rather have the flames playing against. :nod:

Well actually all that talent you speak of is Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Watching Datsyuk live is incredible. He picks up the puck and he dangles through everyone and extremly fast.

Zetterberg is very crafty and had an injury a couple weeks ago allthough I dont know is or when he is back.

I never knew you were a flames fan.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by moose man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:04 am

Zetterberg is still injured but as per reports out there he will be back. However he just need to hit him hard and wear him down. Although one of our better defenseman, Regher, will not be back for the start of this series. How good does that Stuart trade look now!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#8 » by ajaX82 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:22 am

Should be fun guys. Im looking forward to a tough well played series.

I really think the Wings will win this one, especially if Datsyuk steps it up. He is a force when on. But i must say Kipper does worry me a bit.

Wings in 6,

Best of luck
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#9 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Datyuk= Turco in f orward

He wont, Iginla can Tanguay can Conroy can Huselius can. Regher can.

There is many cans.

Mccarty is back, I hope he scores the OT winner in a game it gets me pscyed when he bangs on the glass.

Remember whne he did in the ANaheim series? yea baby.

FLames in 5.
Seebs
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#10 » by Seebs » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:23 pm

please beat the wings. i dislike them very much. im hoping for an all-canadian final...flames vs. sens
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by moose man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:40 pm

I like your enthusiasm Prodigy but no way does Calgary win this series in 5, but a 6 or even a 7 game series is more likely. Regher is a can, however he wont start the series. He's still injured.
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by DEREK57 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:40 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well actually all that talent you speak of is Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Watching Datsyuk live is incredible. He picks up the puck and he dangles through everyone and extremly fast.

Zetterberg is very crafty and had an injury a couple weeks ago allthough I dont know is or when he is back.

I never knew you were a flames fan.

Ya, a life long calgarian I have to be. I just tend not to talk about sports cuze this site is pretty intense.

How tough are the wings physically? I remember they used to be smaller, but now they have bertuzzi? Are the flames still the much stronger team? U think they can wear them down over 7 games? That seems to be the best strategy to me.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by moose man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:27 pm

The wings aren't what they were when we last faced them in the playoffs, but neither are we. We added some scoring while giving away some of our grit. They lost some scoring and added some grit. They are still the oldest team in the playoffs and still don't match up with us physically. Plus some of their key players are nursing injuries like Zetterberg's back and Bertuzzi's head. So yes we can wear them down over a 7 game series but we have to make sure it goes that far by grinding out victories instead of finessing them.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#14 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:15 am

Yea physical should be the gameplan.

Through big bodies like Primeau at the net. Draw penalties and get Hasek to dive :wink:

Grind them and beat them. That is Darren Mccarty hockey!
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by moose man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:26 am

All I can say is ouch. That was frustrating to watch and although the officiating was some what brutal that cannot be an excuse. The only person that came ready to play was Kipprusoff.
This performance was very similiar to what the Flames have done all season on the road. Very sloppy and inconsistent. If we keep this up I wouldn't be surprised to see us swept or gone in 5. I still have faith they'll turn it around. We need to establish ourselves in the first period with a low cycle and crash and bang on the forcheck. Boring hockey to watch but it'll slow down Detroit's older defenseman.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by moose man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 am

Oh and we must stay out of the box. It's killing our forwards flow and forcing us to play our top 4 dman way too much.
Marmoset
Veteran
And1: 563

Post#17 » by Marmoset » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:28 am

So what the heck happened? I was looking forward to catching a good game, but that was brutal (in the first, at least). I ended up drifting off to do other things.

I noticed that this has been a characteristic of Calgary this season - they've had their share of stinkers, which is something that didn't really happen in the two previous seasons. I suppose that's why they're the 8th seed this year. I still think they have a shot to win the series, because as bad as they were tonight, they can be equally as good the next.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by moose man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:29 pm

THey are a very up and down team when it comes to the road. They only play in stretches. Hopefully they come out inspired for game 2.
Gibbs
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#19 » by Gibbs » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 am

We will lose the next one and then win the next two at home.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#20 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:24 pm

The lst two times we have gone to the finals we lost the first game of the playoffs

Return to Calgary Flames