Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#21 » by moose man » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:10 pm

We're in a hole now, but thankfully we're coming home. Game 3 is do or die
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Im in a pickle. I get the feeling we can still win if we win at home but on the other hand if we get blown out, theres so many valid and good reasons to have the coaching staff out of jobs.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by moose man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 am

Great game tonight by the Flames. They came from behind in the third. Looked like they had better legs and were finishing their checks through out. They needed the game and they got it. Great goal by Iggy, he really turned it on tonight. Two key wins in the faceoff circle by Yelle sealed it. Another good game by Mikka. They stayed out of the box and capitalized on their pp chances. Just an all around good effort tonight.

Hopefully Dion isn't gone for too long with his head injury. He just didn't look the same when he came back. That would be a huge blow.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#24 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:35 am

All right its all even at 2 games each. Well if we can win at Detroit(I think we havea 20% chance) then we can realisticly rap it up at home sunday.

Great game by Yelle, Conroy and surprisingly enough Kipper!
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by moose man » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 am

We just need to keep going at home, and steal one away from the dome. It's not that impossible we just need to keep the momentum.
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by DEREK57 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:49 pm

Any suspensions besides mclennan?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#27 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 pm

DEREK57 wrote:Any suspensions besides mclennan?

Just large fines for the coach and organization.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#28 » by SportsWorld » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 am

Going into the 2nd overtime. Great game.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#29 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:03 pm

@#%%^& David Moss

I can hit that open net my 3 year old brother could. How the hell do you shoot it over the net on the fricken goal line. You cost us the game buddy. Hard luck.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#30 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Great series guys, Kipper was a monster for you guys. Best of luck on the "golf courses" :lol:

I wonder if you guys are going to cut Mclennan? That was a dirty play and kinda took alot of momentum from you guys. Best of luck in the off season. Being Canadian it's sad to see a team from Canada go out but I was always a Wings fan first.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#31 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Great series guys. You played hard and fought through it all.

Kipper is unbelievable. You guys should be thrilled to get to watch him every game.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#32 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:55 am

xbl_sucks wrote:Great series guys, Kipper was a monster for you guys. Best of luck on the "golf courses" :lol:

I wonder if you guys are going to cut Mclennan? That was a dirty play and kinda took alot of momentum from you guys. Best of luck in the off season. Being Canadian it's sad to see a team from Canada go out but I was always a Wings fan first.

Im still mad we were outright beat and outchaoched but I mean Mclennan hardly did anything. Sure he hit him and was unjust but what do you think Kipper was getting all series. The same from Detroit players slashes and holding all the time. Mclennan was mad and he is the ultimate team player.

He will be gone becasue Brent Krahn needs to come up ASAP. And you know I dont know if Playfair will know how to asemble a golf and a golf tee together so we might have to wait on hte golf.

Fire Playfair

I dont like you but we were beat and outplayed and hey you got help from the refs not us.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#33 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:56 am

ajaX82 wrote:Great series guys. You played hard and fought through it all.

Kipper is unbelievable. You guys should be thrilled to get to watch him every game.

Thats just it Kipper is a great goalie but the thing I hate with him is the softies he gives up. The Lang was like WTF that got in?!?!

We try but are players cant sell calls like you guys and my balls just happen to know more about coaching hockey than Playfair.
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by DEREK57 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:45 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:@#%%^& David Moss

I can hit that open net my 3 year old brother could. How the hell do you shoot it over the net on the fricken goal line. You cost us the game buddy. Hard luck.

It was heartbreaking, but to be honest, in the excitement of a game, its semi-understandable at least. I mean hasek was lying right in front of him, the puck was extremely close, so he had to go up at a pretty steep angle, its not as if it was an open shot at 45' or anything.
DEREK57
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by DEREK57 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:48 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:Great series guys, Kipper was a monster for you guys. Best of luck on the "golf courses" :lol:

I doubt it. Mclennan being on the ice was to send a message. I think it was partly to the league and the refs, as much as to the wings. They were pissed off with the way they were being treated, tried to fight back, and i think the league made somewhat of an example of them (reasonably enough theyre trying to crack-down on 'sending a message' type policies by teams). The fines took the momentum, imo going after playfair was unneccesary, but w/e.

How can u be a wings fan?? :noway:
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#36 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:51 pm

DEREK57 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was heartbreaking, but to be honest, in the excitement of a game, its semi-understandable at least. I mean hasek was lying right in front of him, the puck was extremely close, so he had to go up at a pretty steep angle, its not as if it was an open shot at 45' or anything.

well i think any other player would have nailed it. There is so much pressure. Beating I think his hometown team he went to Mich. U. And could force a game 7. The thing is it was not much to ask for. I mean just on target. Hasek would not have got it. He had to just raise it about a foot not 6 foot.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#37 » by The Flying Gent » Tue Jun 3, 2008 3:13 am

Go Flames Go! :clap:

Return to Calgary Flames