Flames Resign Moss

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Flames Resign Moss 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Flames Resign Moss

Good move showed promise good move on keeping Lombadi and Moss this offseason... definetly a Mike Keenan player

Oh and a sidequestion for whoever answers: How do you go like Click Here and when you click that it brings you to the link
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by moose man » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:42 pm

Great signing, one of the better young players that has shown something on this team. Nice and Cheap for two years, always worked hard. He's only going to get better. I like it.

Like this without the spaces: [ url=www.whatever.com ] Click Here [/url]
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#3 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:04 am

Thanx moose that helped.

SO our future players so far are

Lombo Moss Tarathukin Boyd Maki

Phanuef Ference Girodano Chuko Pelech

Irving Kranh Keetley McLinhny(sp?)

Stacked at goalie and Defense is looking good. Forwards need improvement
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by moose man » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Calgary Flames Top 20 Prospects
Forwards:
1. Dustin Boyd
3. Dan Ryder
4. Andrei Taratukhin
6. Juuso Puustinen
8. Eric Nystrom
10. David Moss
12. Brandon Prust
13. Aaron Marvin
15. Kris Chucko
16. Aki Seitsonen
17. David Van der Gulik
19. J.D. Watt

Defenseman:
5. Mark Giordano
9. Tim Ramholt
14. Richie Regher
18. Gord Baldwin
20. Matt Pelech

Goalie:
2. Leland Irving
7. Curtis McElhinney
11. Mark Keetley
Brent Krahn

Add to that Dion and Lombo and our future isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. We have depth at every position, but besides goalie we're missing those star prospects, we don't have the first line snipers or the top pairigng defenseman.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#5 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:56 pm

Geez Eric Nystrom was supposed to be that offensive explosion and now he is nothing..... waste of a pick just like Krahn although we did not have Kipper.

ON a side note its kind of funny TSN compares Toskola to Kipper- one can only wish
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by moose man » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:08 am

At least he'll be a servicable 3rd or 4th liner. He isn't the waste of a pic Krahn was. I feel bad for the guy because of the pressure being the first Calgary Hitman drafted by the Flames and then to boot it was in Calgary. The place went nuts when we took him, its just too bad injuries plauged the back end of his junior career. It seems as though he never really recovered from that.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:26 pm

moose man wrote:At least he'll be a servicable 3rd or 4th liner. He isn't the waste of a pic Krahn was. I feel bad for the guy because of the pressure being the first Calgary Hitman drafted by the Flames and then to boot it was in Calgary. The place went nuts when we took him, its just too bad injuries plauged the back end of his junior career. It seems as though he never really recovered from that.

And some part of it to blame is Kipper. I heard that he is not getting called up because I mean they want him to play not sit on the bench for 72 games.

I honestly don't know why he resigned look at him oodles pf potential and no PT. I would have tried to go to a place like Columbus or the Avs to try and get a starting gig.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by moose man » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:02 pm

I agree, but I think he can become a servicable back up, but only time will tell I guess. A rumor floating around is that Clagary has offered Nystrom to the Islanders for the Rights to Smyth. I would be all for that. Nystrom really isn't anything special in terms of a prospect anymore so Im all for it.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#9 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:31 pm

moose man wrote:I agree, but I think he can become a servicable back up, but only time will tell I guess. A rumor floating around is that Clagary has offered Nystrom to the Islanders for the Rights to Smyth. I would be all for that. Nystrom really isn't anything special in terms of a prospect anymore so Im all for it.

I heard the other way around that Islanders wanted Nystrom's rights for smyth.

But the Smyth move creates a domino effect:

Trade Tanguay or a big contract for a lesser player... Kovalev

Next year with all the core players being UFAs we need cap room... with smyth there not so much. Brad Stuart and Hammer are gone if this happens.

Phanuef
Regher
Aucoin
Giordano
Warrener
Ferece junior

Thats weak for a defensive core we need more defensive help... we should try to get tom preissing or someone like that
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by moose man » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:59 am

NO way in hell do I want Kovalev on this team. As for our defence, its not that bad, hopefully a pick like Ramholt or someone from our farm team lats year step in and assume the role.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#11 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:02 am

moose man wrote:NO way in hell do I want Kovalev on this team. As for our defence, its not that bad, hopefully a pick like Ramholt or someone from our farm team lats year step in and assume the role.

well thats what these insiders say Montreal would offer for Tanguay..... it would be like Aucoin zyuzin and marr for aucoin talent wise is way off but you save 3 million.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by moose man » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I'd rather keep Tanguay and not get Smyth then see Kovalev dawn a Flames jersey.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#13 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:06 pm

moose man wrote:I'd rather keep Tanguay and not get Smyth then see Kovalev dawn a Flames jersey.

yup Tanguay brought this offense some life.

Return to Calgary Flames