Buyers? Sellers? Stand Pat?

burn1down
Rookie
And1: 0

Buyers? Sellers? Stand Pat? 

Post#1 » by burn1down » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Would you make any moves to improve this team?

At the start of the year, i was pretty confident Lombardi was on his way out. . probably to CLBS.
I thought Aucoin would be available, I also took some heat a bunch suggesting Lankow could go. . .

As the season goes on, i think we need to make moves less and less. I think depth on defense could help come the playoff run, but dont know if that is a NEED as much as something that could be done.

Its interesting, as when speaking of trade rumors, Calgary seems to always be involved in talks with a marquee defensman. . ala Boumeister or someone of his caliber.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: Buyers? Sellers? Stand Pat? 

Post#2 » by Snayr » Fri Jan 2, 2009 4:01 pm

As far as the Flames go, I don't think they should be looking to make any wholesale moves. They've got some good young kids who they got on the cheap from teams who were already loaded with good young players so they had to be moved. Was a nice opportunity for the Flames, and aside from the injuries, they're producing quite nicely.

Like you mentioned a little depth on defense never hurt anyone, and as far as J-Bo goes, I'm pretty sure he's mentioned in a lot of other teams rumours as well ( I can assure you he's in the rumours in regards to the Habs ).
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#3 » by JohnnyFlame » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

burn1down wrote:Would you make any moves to improve this team?

At the start of the year, i was pretty confident Lombardi was on his way out. . probably to CLBS.
I thought Aucoin would be available, I also took some heat a bunch suggesting Lankow could go. . .

As the season goes on, i think we need to make moves less and less. I think depth on defense could help come the playoff run, but dont know if that is a NEED as much as something that could be done.

Its interesting, as when speaking of trade rumors, Calgary seems to always be involved in talks with a marquee defensman. . ala Boumeister or someone of his caliber.

Is Sutter not always looking to add at the deadline. You've identified his usual target area and I'd add he might look to pickup a vet backup goalie.
burn1down
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#4 » by burn1down » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:11 pm

JohnnyFlame wrote:
burn1down wrote:Would you make any moves to improve this team?

Is Sutter not always looking to add at the deadline. You've identified his usual target area and I'd add he might look to pickup a vet backup goalie.

Yeah, the Flames have averaged 2 moves per season at or around the deadline. After all this Gerber talk, and the efficiency the Flames organization had is squashing them. . . i dont know if a back up is coming.
Indication being there are more imporant things to put their money towards. . . .

Return to Calgary Flames