ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Beverly possibly out for year (wrist) 

Post#1081 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Reggie Miller has Dame in his top 10 all time and realgm dudes think he's maybe Mo Williams with a green light

Reggie miller has 150 players in his top 10 fyi

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Beverly possibly out for year (wrist) 

Post#1082 » by Profound23 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 am

steger_3434 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Reggie Miller has Dame in his top 10 all time and realgm dudes think he's maybe Mo Williams with a green light

Reggie miller has 150 players in his top 10 fyi

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He also questioned if the Lakers should go for a 2 for 1 when they got a rebound with 21 seconds left last night. Don't think he understands numbers very well.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,945

Post#1083 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Play through a torn ligament in the shooting hand? I'm dubious. Unless he never plans to shoot.

He's torn the other wrist up, so he compared the way each felt, then showed how he doesn't have any problem getting off his shooting motion. A forward motion, floater or shot he can do but a scoop shot would be an issue. He doesn't do scoop layups though.

We'll see.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#1084 » by rilamann » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

If the Bucks lost a game 7 because Dame shot 6-32 while simultaneously letting his man break his previous career high by 20pts.

Reggie Miller would be one of those dudes who would be like Dame needs to start choking people for that loss.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#1085 » by soxperry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

If you didnt watch the Pat Bev pod, it absolutely sounds like he intends to play through it without question. He also told his agent that hes going to take his time with it so that he can make sure hes ready for the playoffs.

Love this guy.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 886

Post#1086 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

That's probably the 4th-5th worst injury news we could have. I'd rather lose Beasley or Bobby over Pbev given our roster. I might rather have him over Brook too depending on the matchup. This sucks.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,423

Post#1087 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

soxperry wrote:If you didnt watch the Pat Bev pod, it absolutely sounds like he intends to play through it without question. He also told his agent that hes going to take his time with it so that he can make sure hes ready for the playoffs.

Love this guy.
I only watched about 5 minutes, but it definitely sounds like he plans to play.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#1088 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Yeah after listening to the pod they're going to have to lock him out of the arena to keep him away. Love that fire. He can still play defense or the bad wrist he doesn't need to shoot and he even said it doesn't really hurt much when he shoots. But guys are going to be smacking at his wrist all game but he's prepared for it
#FreeChuckDiesel
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#1089 » by Finn » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Yeah after listening to the pod they're going to have to lock him out of the arena to keep him away. Love that fire. He can still play defense or the bad wrist he doesn't need to shoot and he even said it doesn't really hurt much when he shoots. But guys are going to be smacking at his wrist all game but he's prepared for it

If he's not, someone else is.

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,114

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1090 » by BigO » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

Wisconsin Herd: Ty Ty Washington with 37 points last night, along with 5 rebounds and 7 assists; 16-25 and 5-8 from three.He's getting better-only one turnover

They got Wenyan Gabriel back from Memphis; 18 pts. 13 rebounds

AJJ- only 7 points -6 rebounds, 4 assists on 3-9 shooting

Chris Livingston- 13 points- not much else. I don't ever see him contributing, but who knows?

Rollins 23 points 4 and 3assists- good defense

For the Indiana team, Oscar Tshiebwe 24 points and 26 rebounds. Quite an inside presence.

Elfrid Payton still around and looked good.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#1091 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

BigO wrote:Wisconsin Herd: Ty Ty Washington with 37 points last night, along with 5 rebounds and 7 assists; 16-25 and 5-8 from three.He's getting better-only one turnover

They got Wenyan Gabriel back from Memphis; 18 pts. 13 rebounds

AJJ- only 7 points -6 rebounds, 4 assists on 3-9 shooting

Chris Livingston- 13 points- not much else. I don't ever see him contributing, but who knows?

Rollins 23 points 4 and 3assists- good defense

For the Indiana team, Oscar Tshiebwe 24 points and 26 rebounds. Quite an inside presence.

Elfrid Payton still around and looked good.

TyTy finally making shots like he did in the G League last year. Another player that got Griffoned?
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#1092 » by Fotis St » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 pm

drone3 wrote:I miss Jrue.... That's all

There is no one version of Jrue ...
Jrue after the championship retired mentally and we wasted 2 years of Giannis prime with his brick fest at post season.
Same goes for Brook and Bud ...

Expiring Brook on historic career numbers was the ultimate GREEN FLAG to trade him. Myself and few others here, only got it, others just hoped he continue to play awesome ... when will you ever get that 99% of NBA players play extra hard on contract year to get the most money they get only to become more lazy and start spending them.

I expect trading expiring Brook this time even with a reduced value. Khris should be dealt too. Giannis got unlucky having a wingman like Khris. We got one, but Giannis and the Bucks could/can get at least 2 more.

Having 2nd thoughts while writing this exact post... maybe Giannis is overrated. He is probably a lucky Charles Barkley who got one.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 886

Post#1093 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Fotis St wrote:

He is probably a lucky Charles Barkley who got one.

He works 100x harder than Barkley who by every account of players that played in his era was lazy. If Giannis grew up in the US and started playing at a young age he'd likely be up there with Jordan and LeBron for all time great. He can still get there too if the Bucks org is a little more competent and we stop letting him make coaching and personnel decisions.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#1094 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Tell me you weren't around to watch Charles Barkley without telling me you weren't around to watch Charles Barkley.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,807

Post#1095 » by SirChurros » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

He is probably a lucky Charles Barkley who got one.

He works 100x harder than Barkley who by every account of players that played in his era was lazy. If Giannis grew up in the US and started playing at a young age he'd likely be up there with Jordan and LeBron for all time great. He can still get there too if the Bucks org is a little more competent and we stop letting him make coaching and personnel decisions.

lol what? Barkley busted his ass more than the majority of players who played when he did. Dude never took nights off.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Post#1096 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 pm

Lowe
With no time to waste and facing title-or-bust pressure, the Bucks can finally take on their true form with Middleton healthy. He should lock everything into place. Jae Crowder becomes a useful reserve instead of an overtaxed starter. Malik Beasley has help guarding perimeter scorers. In Milwaukee's best lineups, Middleton cooks weak defenders -- with opposing stoppers battling Damian Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

The Bucks have mauled opponents by 16 points per 100 possessions with Lillard, Middleton, Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez on the floor.

What a boon to have Middleton lurking on the second side, waiting to spring into a pick-and-roll with Antetokounmpo after someone else bends the defense. Milwaukee's foundational stars have the kind of chemistry that only comes with shared experience.

Antetokounmpo set 45 ball screens in the Bucks' double-overtime loss to the Lakers on Tuesday -- nine more than in any game in his career, per Second Spectrum. The Bucks are running about 24 Lillard-Antetokounmpo pick-and-rolls per 100 possessions under new head coach Doc Rivers -- up from about 17 before.

If anything, the Bucks overdid it against the Lakers. Antetokounmpo didn't get enough touches in scoring positions late in the game. Milwaukee settled for too many pull-up jumpers. That's healthy. It's part of the learning curve.

The Bucks lost again Thursday in New Orleans in another shaky offensive performance. A week-plus ago, they looked like world-beaters in trouncing the Suns (without Antetokounmpo) and Thunder. Lillard's production continues to be maddeningly up and down by his standards. They are still searching for the consistent gear they will need to challenge the Celtics. (Boston is on its own two-game losing streak after quaking in crunch time for the second straight game against the Atlanta Hawks. This is a real problem.)

It's time to focus more on offense now that Rivers has plucked the low-hanging fruit in repairing the defense. The Bucks get back in transition now. Lopez is a forcefield around the rim again. Patrick Beverley fits any lineup and has kept the ball moving on offense.

The Bucks switch and blitz in strategic situations -- with Bobby Portis at the point of attack, when matchups make sense, when the shot clock dwindles -- and they are starting to make those reads in the flow. They are building habits.

Milwaukee is now 13-8 in its past 21 games -- tied for 11th in offense and sixth in defense in that stretch. That's good, but not quite as empathic a statement as it would want to make before the postseason.

Until the New York Knicks and Joel Embiid reach 100% health, the Bucks stand as the East team with the best chance to push Boston. There is another level they need to reach to do that. It's not that far away, but the Bucks' shortcomings defending the perimeter are more or less intractable. Late in that Lakers game, the Bucks lost containment against L.A.'s guards -- notably Reaves. Boston is an entirely different challenge -- if that series ever comes to pass.

But the actualized version of the Bucks has the firepower and resourcefulness to overcome those impediments four times in seven games against anyone.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,077

Post#1097 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 pm

chonestown wrote:Tell me you weren't around to watch Charles Barkley without telling me you weren't around to watch Charles Barkley.

Kids today like to rewrite the history books.

Al McGuire only won one title. Dude was a choker.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#1098 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 pm

I'd guess the Barkely comment was more about working/training, not so much about not playing hard in the games. Especially when compared to Giannis who's worked himself into a physical beast while chuck was the round mound.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#1099 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I'd guess the Barkely comment was more about working/training, not so much about not playing hard in the games. Especially when compared to Giannis who's worked himself into a physical beast while chuck was the round mound.

Plenty of in-game statistics and footage to judge Barkley. How the fk is one to judge undocumented and unmeasured off-court activities?

Dum state ments need not be rationalized.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,077

Post#1100 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I'd guess the ZION comment was more about working/training, not so much about not playing hard in the games. Especially when compared to Giannis who's worked himself into a physical beast while ZION was the round mound.

Fixed for you

And some highlights of the fat, out-of-shape Barkley from 35 years ago, when these guys were given a set of barbells and told to "train"

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks