ImageImage

PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Re: PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team 

Post#81 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm

crkone wrote:I liked it when the Bucks (Dame) could get foul calls.

It sucks for bucks fans but it’s honestly better overall for the league and product. It’s still inconsistent and even Dame still sometimes gets those calls but if it’s consistent, I don’t mind. Bucks won a championship by beating teams up on D and making it ugly.

Dame has to adapt and really just hit his open shots.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,749

Post#82 » by Wonka » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'd like to know how many players have been in 10+ playoff games and have averaged 20/6/4.

Don’t know if you’ve ever been further away from the point? That’s the past. He’s not the same guy anymore but clearly thinks he is.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#83 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 pm

There was that one play that stood out where Giannis was coming to set a high screen for Dame and then just kinda....awkwardly ran into him? That's the kind of stuff that makes me worry for the playoffs more than anything. I'm not picking anyone to beat us if our starting-5 is healthy, cuz we're still murdering teams with those lineups (+14.9 net-rating, +15.6 if you sub out Khris for Jae). But having essentially only a couple months to get the chemistry down with the new coaching staff and all your guys is a tough task. I don't see the defense being our possible undoing as much as these guys just not having enough time to gel. The Griffin hiring really screwed us in a bunch of ways.
RW23
Junior
And1: 195

Post#84 » by RW23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 pm

rilamann wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
rilamann wrote:And AJ Green with 2 big minutes.

Doc played the guy with a torn ligament in his hand more tonight than AJ :lol: . Docs rotations are worse than Buds.

The litmus test for me when it comes to Doc being a bad coach was when I started (In the last 48 hours) contemplating how things might be if we had just kept Griffin.

I am not even saying that I necessarily think we would be better had we just kept Griffin.

But the fact I am even contemplating the possibility is pretty damning for Doc....lol.

No.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,971

Post#85 » by sidney lanier » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Us and Boston have looked like two teams just waiting for the playoffs to start. I guess we're gonna find out if only 10-15 games of Dame/Khris/Giannis playing under Doc is enough of a runway to get the postseason chemistry down, cuz it's gonna have to be....

These meaningless games cause a stir
March losses are sure to occur
So when wise guys bitch
That you can't flip a switch
It's thoughts like yours here I prefer
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#86 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm

The main problem is we have several guys that are defensive liabilities and if their shot isn't falling they are a net negative. If they keep shooting to try to fix it we just lose it's that simple. Khris falls into that category along with Beas and often Pat/Bobby depending on matchups. Dame has enough gravity and speed that he'll never fall into that. Also he has just as many or more steals than Jrue so teams have to be aware of him.

Answer is/was keeping more guys involved/ready to get in and make an impact on games so you have more in-game options of guys with different skill sets to bring in like AJJ and Gallo to find the right matchup and hot hand that day or that matchup. We'll never be honest though and say there are certain teams that KM should play 35 minutes per night vs and certain teams he should play 21 minutes vs -- faster/longer teams that disrupt him and he can't cover. Example AJJ comes in for a slow guy.. runs, hits shots, closes out on shooters, gives us an energy boost...
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#87 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:There was that one play that stood out where Giannis was coming to set a high screen for Dame and then just kinda....awkwardly ran into him? That's the kind of stuff that makes me worry for the playoffs more than anything. I'm not picking anyone to beat us if our starting-5 is healthy, cuz we're still murdering teams with those lineups (+14.9 net-rating, +15.6 if you sub out Khris for Jae). But having essentially only a couple months to get the chemistry down with the new coaching staff and all your guys is a tough task. I don't see the defense being our possible undoing as much as these guys just not having enough time to gel. The Griffin hiring really screwed us in a bunch of ways.

Yeah, in a departure from earlier this season. The issue in these last couple of losses has been the offense. You should win most games in today's nba when you hold a team to 101 and 107 (including foul and chase).
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,944

Post#88 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 pm

how did Bev look?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#89 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:how did Bev look?

7 minutes, 0-4.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,340

Post#90 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:how did Bev look?

Kinda meh. Not his usual disruptive energy. His shots were off too.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#91 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm

Healthy/confident swaggy Bev is an x factor
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#92 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 pm

Wonka wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'd like to know how many players have been in 10+ playoff games and have averaged 20/6/4.

Don’t know if you’ve ever been further away from the point? That’s the past. He’s not the same guy anymore but clearly thinks he is.

What's he not the same in? Rebounds and assists per 36 is as good as ever, TS% is his best in years. Points per 36 is down slightly only because attempts are down, due to sharing with Dame while rarely being given the opportunity to cook with the 2nd units.

His game isn't pretty, never was, but he remains a witch.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,533

Post#93 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 pm

AJ Green was healthy last night right? I don’t understand why Doc jerks his minutes around so much.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#94 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:There was that one play that stood out where Giannis was coming to set a high screen for Dame and then just kinda....awkwardly ran into him? That's the kind of stuff that makes me worry for the playoffs more than anything. I'm not picking anyone to beat us if our starting-5 is healthy, cuz we're still murdering teams with those lineups (+14.9 net-rating, +15.6 if you sub out Khris for Jae). But having essentially only a couple months to get the chemistry down with the new coaching staff and all your guys is a tough task. I don't see the defense being our possible undoing as much as these guys just not having enough time to gel. The Griffin hiring really screwed us in a bunch of ways.

Wasting an entire offseason on a defensive scheme that was completely impractical cannot be overstated.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,533

Post#95 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Wonka wrote:

What's he not the same in? Rebounds and assists per 36 is as good as ever, TS% is his best in years. Points per 36 is down slightly only because attempts are down, due to sharing with Dame while rarely being given the opportunity to cook with the 2nd units.

Still think Mids should come off the bench to best utilize his minutes. Dame and Giannis both need to get started fast. There just aren’t many opps for Mids early in the game.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,971

Post#96 » by sidney lanier » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Wonka wrote:

Still think Mids should come off the bench to best utilize his minutes. Dame and Giannis both need to get started fast. There just aren’t many opps for Mids early in the game.

He's definitely been overpassing early in the game and refusing shots. I would agree with you in regular season games, but once the playoffs start and the Big 3 are all playing 40+ minutes, I don't think you bring him off the bench.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#97 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 pm

More Khris off the bench stuff huh. Make our best lineup weaker for no reason.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:22 pm

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#99 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 pm

Dame is never going to get his offense going while they're reff'ing the game like they are and taking away a lot of those fouls that he used to get and rely on. He stills plays for them, a lot of the time putting up bad shots because he thinks the whistle is coming. He needs to change his mindset in that regard or he's destined for mediocrity.
Circling calendars since 2021
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,304

Post#100 » by fan230 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:40 am

mediocrityrules wrote:Dame is never going to get his offense going while they're reff'ing the game like they are and taking away a lot of those fouls that he used to get and rely on. He stills plays for them, a lot of the time putting up bad shots because he thinks the whistle is coming. He needs to change his mindset in that regard or he's destined for mediocrity.

I feel the same. Unfortunately this “rule” change happened after he joined the Bucks. He is such an excellent free throw shooter; this rule has hurt the Bucks offense in more ways than one.

I wonder if Harden has been affected in a similar fashion this year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks