MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,712

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1721 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Jaime, Jovic, Herro, Rozier for Dame and Patty C works.

I'm sure it does for some people.

Herro, Jaime and Jovic are all young guys. Rozier is the salary filler. I'd uh, make that trade.

Yeah not gonna lie, I might be there. The youth reset would be refreshing. I actually say that independently of any desire to ship Dame - I just think this type of move might make for a better overall team through the rest of Giannis' prime.

I have never liked Herro, but hard to deny he's a proven 38-40% shooter from deep with 3+ makes per game. Have long stated my love for Jaime elsewhere. He could start here for the next decade. He does everything and he's very smart. Jovic is a wildcard here; 20, some scoring talent, started to pick up some consistency late in the season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,107

Post#1722 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 am

I'd say I doubt the Heat would do that, but Riles could be feeling some end of career desperation and try to squeeze one last run out of Jimmy.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,074

Post#1723 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'd say I doubt the Heat would do that, but Riles could be feeling some end of career desperation and try to squeeze one last run out of Jimmy.

Yeah and two straight years they are a playin team. Their luck ran out and they didn't have enough. I don't know how they can just run it back and say let's be the 8th seed, again!
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,964

Post#1724 » by Plossum » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

Is there any reason we wouldn’t just be the Warriors East making a trade like that? Investing youth is great until you find out the young guys aren’t quite up to it.

Warriors have tried to have the best of both worlds but it hasn’t worked out. Kuminga, Moody, Podz etc might be good in a few years from now but it seems unlikely they’re going to align with another title with Steph and Dray. Doesn’t help that Klay doesn’t have it anymore, but investment in youth is not some magic antidote.

I dunno what’s going on behind the scenes with Dame (divorce depression, doesn’t like Milwaukee, or he’s just not that good of a player anymore) but I’d sooner work with him until the situation looks untenable before trading him for unproven young guys.
#LockUpChuck
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,920

Post#1725 » by ILC » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

Dame's business partner:

Read on Twitter
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#1726 » by RogerMurdock » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm

I highly doubt that Dame is still moping over not playing in Miami (if he ever actually was). He'd be the ultimate loser if he was and I have no reason to think he is. The most likely answer to him not performing to the level we all think he should is that a) his divorce and being away from his kids is really hurting him, and b) he still hasn't figure out how to be the #2 guy.

He also could just not be as good anymore, though we have certainly seen him takeover games and be dominant Dame plenty of times this year.

I still just wish he would stop with the logo threes and foul baiting. Take better shots, make better decisions.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,810

Post#1727 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season. Hell, even prime Lebron admitted that he and D-Wade "questioned their fit together" their first season in Miami, and didn't really start clicking until well into Year 2. As frustrating as this season has been, nobody has even the slightest ounce of patience anymore or willing to concede that even the best players need time to acclimate to a completely new role and situation. It'll take a full offseason (you know, something that Dame didn't get with us) with an actual coaching staff before I even begin to gauge whether you need to bail on the Dame/Giannis duo.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,613

Post#1728 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

I really don’t want to waste another season on Dame and the rest of the retirement home, I don’t think Doc and them are EVER going to be make a real contender out these guys and the time is out they’re too **** old to hope for internal growth.

The Dame/Giannis pairing does not work; whether or not Dame doesn’t want to be here, can’t produce without dominating the ball, or just fell off I don’t see it logically getting better next season. Maybe you can put a stronger defender next to Dame in the backcourt but he still sucks there, maybe the refs start calling grifty fouls again but can’t count on that on a championship run even if they did.

Pull the rip cord, salvage what value that we can and I don’t see our playoff odds getting worse than now even with a soft reset/reload. The team has an MVP level Giannis locked up on a long term contract, that’s the ultimate building block. I just see this team right now getting older, slower, more injured in years to come.

Draft Bronny and trade him & Dame to the Lakers for D’Lo, Reaves, all the picks they’ll give us. Bucks could have like 6 tradeable 1sts along with Khris/Brook to use to chase after whatever star is demanding out and to fill rest of roster.
FREE GIANNIS
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,875

Post#1729 » by fansinceforever » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 pm

I'm fine keeping Dame/Giannis together as long as the majority of the rest of the rotation is turned over with the priority being 3 point shot making, defense and athleticism in that order. The team needs to get up to speed with the modern NBA (NPI).

That goal, honestly, sounds unrealistic with the assets we have. This is why moving Dame has to be considered.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1730 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

I personally am not gravely concerned about Dame (though I am at least a little now after a full season), and would be happy to give he and Giannis another season.

I am indeed gravely concerned about the rest of our roster, the oldest in the league, and I don't know how we fix that with zero real assets outside of Dame and Giannis themselves. If push came to shove, I would at the very least consider a move using Dame to help reset things and prolong our window through Giannis' prime. We could debate whether that Miami deal is it or not, but I think that's the point.

At least for me :)
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,566

Post#1731 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 pm

If Giannis wants to play with Dame and vice versa still then don’t trade him and at least shut up the ESPN segments about this BS. Fortunately we do actually have to play the playoff games so this season isn’t set in stone as much as Fat Boy Windy would like to make everyone believe.

TJ McConnell could get hurt in game 1 and then everything is even anyways. In fact Bev needs to take that dude out
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,635

Post#1732 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
I'm sure it does for some people.

Herro, Jaime and Jovic are all young guys. Rozier is the salary filler. I'd uh, make that trade.

Yeah not gonna lie, I might be there. The youth reset would be refreshing. I actually say that independently of any desire to ship Dame - I just think this type of move might make for a better overall team through the rest of Giannis' prime.

I have never liked Herro, but hard to deny he's a proven 38-40% shooter from deep with 3+ makes per game. Have long stated my love for Jaime elsewhere. He could start here for the next decade. He does everything and he's very smart. Jovic is a wildcard here; 20, some scoring talent, started to pick up some consistency late in the season.

I'm flipping Herro to another team for picks in that situation. Or trying to trade him with Lopez...or with Middleton for a younger athletic/defensive upgrade.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,047

Post#1733 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

ILC wrote:Dame's business partner:

Read on Twitter

That would jibe with being depressed about his kids.

We knew he was hanging out with Giannis to discuss strategy at the beginning of the season. Giannis' has his 3 kids, wife, mom, brothers.

That's only going to make him want his boys around, & miss having the rest of his family nearby. Already considered that previously & this reinforces it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,732

Post#1734 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season. Hell, even prime Lebron admitted that he and D-Wade "questioned their fit together" their first season in Miami, and didn't really start clicking until well into Year 2. As frustrating as this season has been, nobody has even the slightest ounce of patience anymore or willing to concede that even the best players need time to acclimate to a completely new role and situation. It'll take a full offseason (you know, something that Dame didn't get with us) with an actual coaching staff before I even begin to gauge whether you need to bail on the Dame/Giannis duo.

I would not trade Dame, especially if *gasp* he actually enjoys the team and playing with Giannis. That would be an absolute last resort. A lot of people forget Dame didn't do anything last summer, be it training, shooting, etc. He's basically played himself into shape this season and it's probably a big reason why he's been inconsistent and not as efficient. Now if we crash and burn in three weeks or whatever, I'd consider moving Brook and Khris, maybe Pat. I guess I'm just in a wait and see mode. These playoffs will reveal quite a bit.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1735 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season. Hell, even prime Lebron admitted that he and D-Wade "questioned their fit together" their first season in Miami, and didn't really start clicking until well into Year 2. As frustrating as this season has been, nobody has even the slightest ounce of patience anymore or willing to concede that even the best players need time to acclimate to a completely new role and situation. It'll take a full offseason (you know, something that Dame didn't get with us) with an actual coaching staff before I even begin to gauge whether you need to bail on the Dame/Giannis duo.

I would not trade Dame, especially if *gasp* he actually enjoys the team and playing with Giannis. That would be an absolute last resort. A lot of people forget Dame didn't do anything last summer, be it training, shooting, etc. He's basically played himself into shape this season and it's probably a big reason why he's been inconsistent and not as efficient. Now if we crash and burn in three weeks or whatever, I'd consider moving Brook and Khris, maybe Pat. I guess I'm just in a wait and see mode. These playoffs will reveal quite a bit.

This would certainly be ideal IMO, but...who wants them (at their contracts, for Midds/Brook)? :P
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1736 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season.

Same as what's happening now. Not approaching the WCF.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,047

Post#1737 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season.

The series is already over? Okay.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1738 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Even if they get out of the first, they're not beating Denver in the second.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,810

Post#1739 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

So just punt on a 56-win season for a gaggle of role-players just because you're not convinced in their viability at making a deep postseason run before they've even had the chance to prove it? Bold move, and pretty much exactly indicative of the mentality some of us are talking about.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,635

Post#1740 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Even if they get out of the first, they're not beating Denver in the second.

If KAT were 100% healthy I would disagree with you, but without him I don't see them beating Denver. With him, they match up very well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks