ImageImage

Around The League

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,202

Re: Around The League 

Post#1341 » by BigO » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

fan230 wrote:Brad Stevens is projected to be the Executive of the year. He was a great coach for the Celtics and now a great GM. He is just very smart. The Celtics made great decisions; we did the opposite, especially this year.

The result is wide open for everyone to see.

I agree that he is very good. He, and a few other GMs foresaw, earlier than others, the need to have multiple shooters in the three point era.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that the Celtics have enough physicality for playoff ball. Surprisingly, they're a very good rebounding team, but the playoffs are different.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,076

Post#1342 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, we saw Monty get 6/$80m, Didn't Doc get 3.5/$40. (Kerr got 2/$35, Spoelstra got 8/$120) Unless its the Spurs or Mavs job where you are getting a superstar, I'm not taking anything less than 5/$70m
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,847

Post#1343 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Don't blame Bud for wanting big money to coach a currently crappy team. I believe his Bucks contract is up after this season so there will be no offset to his next contract.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,830

Post#1344 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 pm

Brooklyn hiring Bud would be perfect for all my "Brook for Cam Johnson" trade proposals.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,832

Post#1345 » by emunney » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Brooklyn hiring Bud would be perfect for all my "Brook for Cam Johnson" trade proposals.

*would have been

I do think he'll land somewhere this year. I can't imagine he's held in lower regard than Monty, although it's hard to say that anybody else would have ponied up for Monty like Detroit did.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,463

Post#1346 » by steger_3434 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Amazing that when we're the 1 seed we get a broken back Giannis and prime MJ Jimmy Butler. When it's the Celtics they are either going to get to play them without Jimmy or a Bulls team probably without Caruso that is mediocrity personified. We've done a lot wrong but you can't we've also caught way more than our share of bad breaks too. This really might finally be the Celtics year.

Our title year we lucked out with Irving going out and harden obviously hobbled and then played an atl team who honestly wasn’t very good and has shown that every year before and after that matchup.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#1347 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Amazing that when we're the 1 seed we get a broken back Giannis and prime MJ Jimmy Butler. When it's the Celtics they are either going to get to play them without Jimmy or a Bulls team probably without Caruso that is mediocrity personified. We've done a lot wrong but you can't we've also caught way more than our share of bad breaks too. This really might finally be the Celtics year.

Our title year we lucked out with Irving going out and harden obviously hobbled and then played an atl team who honestly wasn’t very good and has shown that every year before and after that matchup.

I will concede we were fortunate the Nets were never at full strength in that series but even that year we had to deal with Giannis **** up his knee and somehow coming back and playing through it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#1348 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:

I will concede we were fortunate the Nets were never at full strength in that series but even that year we had to deal with Giannis **** up his knee and somehow coming back and playing through it.

(pull up 4-7 after that). Nets had 2/3 stars each game. Bucks earned that mf.

Giannis hobbled, destroyed Phoenix. Will (doesn't have any) beating that entitled ("skill").
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1349 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm

With the injuries, neither game tonight interests me.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 272

Post#1350 » by Reddeye » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1351 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm

Reddeye wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's always impressive seeing guys like Curry #1 (or even lebron though obvious had number and team changes) when he has been a star for the past decade. Like how many Curry jerseys does this nation need? Surprised Victor isn't number 1 with him being new and really looking like the hype is real. Dame makes sense just due to being on a new team.
ETA: I kind of laughed that Morant was so high. Between his off the court issues and just not being on the court, you would've thought the second half sales would lag. Would he be Top 3 if he actually was playing and dunking on people?

(I would guess there is probably a huge drop off the Top 5 or so with like 80% of jersey sales going to those 5 guys.)
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1352 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

Guess i didn't even know Kawhi was injured. I kind of feel bad for Clippers fans and the organization (getting Jerry West, their branding, and goal to be a legit team). But I hate Harden and Kawhi and it is kind of funny watching them fail.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,202

Post#1353 » by BigO » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Brooklyn hiring Bud would be perfect for all my "Brook for Cam Johnson" trade proposals.

*would have been

I do think he'll land somewhere this year. I can't imagine he's held in lower regard than Monty, although it's hard to say that anybody else would have ponied up for Monty like Detroit did.

I'm always judging coaches on what talent they have to work with and how innovative and flexible are they with that talent.

Monty has no developed talent in Detroit-some young guys, sure, but not much else.

He was criticized for not doing anything with the talent in Phoenix last year (except lose to the champs in 6 games), yet this year they have another all star guard, added Grayson Allen and have what many consider to be a good coach and may not make it out of the first round.

I know the narrative on Monty, but the facts tell me otherwise.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,832

Post#1354 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 pm

BigO wrote:
emunney wrote:

*would have been

I'm always judging coaches on what talent they have to work with and how innovative and flexible are they with that talent.

Monty has no developed talent in Detroit-some young guys, sure, but not much else.

He was criticized for not doing anything with the talent in Phoenix last year (except lose to the champs in 6 games), yet this year they have another all star guard, added Grayson Allen and have what many consider to be a good coach and may not make it out of the first round.

I know the narrative on Monty, but the facts tell me otherwise.

Not saying Monty is a bad coach, just saying Bud should be held in higher regard, and without considering what's gone on in Detroit at all, because I'm thinking about attitudes toward them at the time of hiring.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,999

Post#1355 » by drew881 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 pm

Fantastic, if true:

Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro had to be separated on the Miami Heat team bus after last night's game against the 76ers:

Butler kept saying “9 for 27” and Herro reportedly threw a punch that did not connect. Butler then yelled “9 FOR 28!”

(Per @IraHeatBeat )
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,189

Post#1356 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 pm

drew881 wrote:Fantastic, if true:

Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro had to be separated on the Miami Heat team bus after last night's game against the 76ers:

Butler kept saying “9 for 27” and Herro reportedly threw a punch that did not connect. Butler then yelled “9 FOR 28!”

(Per @IraHeatBeat )

No way, Butler fighting with his team?! That's the big variable on the if we should have traded for him, he's kind of crazy and volatile.

Also, Butler shot 5-18 which is worse than 9/28. And Herro shot 14 3s so likely tougher shots.

Also, if this is true have to give Herro credit for standing up to him knowing if a fight happened he'd get his butt kicked. At least he was a 'man' or whatever and stood up for himself as opposed to the stories we heard in MN where they all cowered to Butler.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1357 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 pm

That was from a parody account. Let's not post crap like that.

Read on Twitter
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,195

Post#1358 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 pm

Too good to be true.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,712

Post#1359 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm

Ok but that 9 for 28 line would be **** gold tho.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1360 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm

I was surprised when I saw he was listed as questionable but maybe he will play.

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks