emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Re: Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#281 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Like hr just said, it would help if he started to play like he wanted to be here. Time is getting kind of short on this season.

I'm not sure what this means. What would that look like to you, and how would it be different from how he's played his entire career?

Did he look like he wanted out of Portland his entire career? Maybe I'm just mistaken. But I doubt I am considering I've been seeing this sentiment across the board for the last six months.

No, and he doesn't look like he doesn't want to be here. He's just inordinately even-keeled.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#282 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Like hr just said, it would help if he started to play like he wanted to be here. Time is getting kind of short on this season.

I'm not sure what this means. What would that look like to you, and how would it be different from how he's played his entire career?

He literally just had his second worst season of his career. Who cares about raw career averages. Lebron averages more now than he did when he was 26. Hint…he’s not better now than he was when he was 26

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

No he didn't?

And "career averages"? What are you talking about?
WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#283 » by WeMajor34 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Going to game 1. Should be a fun game and hopefully the fans bring the energy. I was just looking at game 2 versus Miami last year and the crowd was absolutely electric. Fiserv needs to be buzzing with or without Giannis.

My confidence level is fairly low, so my expectations can only go up. If we manage to steal a Giannis-less game at home in game 1 or 2, I think we’re in a good spot. If Giannis doesn’t play at all, I think it’s going the Pacers way, which isn’t a hot take by any means. Pacers are a good young team that is going to give this old crew some fits. But the playoffs slow down, so maybe that’ll give us some advantages.

This is going to be THE Dame test. Obviously there’s a built in excuse with no Giannis but I’d like to think this team can still compete. It all starts with Dame though. We go as he goes. I’m expecting an aggress game 1 from him, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be efficient. We just need him to take the reins and deliver.

Bucks in 6
emunney
RealGM

Post#284 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Dame doesn't need to put up 30-50 points every game for us to win. He just needs to consistently create advantages and make the right play.

If I was Indy, with Giannis out, I'd put Siakam on Khris and Nesmith on Dame, double Bobby or Brook on the catch.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,754

Post#285 » by jimmybones » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm

ReddRum wrote:Just sit Giannis the rest of the year. The way the current roster is constructed we have no chance of defensively stopping the juggernauts like the Nuggets anyways if we somehow made it that far. The roster needs a complete overhaul. I am keeping Dame for one more year and getting rid of Middleton, Lopez, Crowder, and Pat. I think if you get rid of those 4 somehow by attaching younger players / picks whatever and get a couple young guys in return that can actually defend this team has a chance next year.

Nah. Absolutely don't rush him back before he's ready. But if we win round one without him and he's cleared there's no way you punt a year away out of caution or being afraid of not being good enough when you're 8 wins from an NBA Finals appearance.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,382

Post#286 » by MoreTrife » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 pm

emunney wrote:Dame doesn't need to put up 30-50 points every game for us to win. He just needs to consistently create advantages and make the right play.

If I was Indy, with Giannis out, I'd put Siakam on Khris and Nesmith on Dame, double Bobby or Brook on the catch.

Ugh, those proposed matchups made me sick. They'd lock Khris and Dame up. Nesmith is touuuugh. And Siakim would negate any height Khris had. Woof, those would be bad matchups.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,287

Post#287 » by Finn » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Like hr just said, it would help if he started to play like he wanted to be here. Time is getting kind of short on this season.

Did he look like he wanted out of Portland his entire career? Maybe I'm just mistaken. But I doubt I am considering I've been seeing this sentiment across the board for the last six months.

Most of them are just salty for being wrong about a Championship being a forgone conclusion with Dame's becoming a Buck.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,388

Post#288 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:

No, and he doesn't look like he doesn't want to be here. He's just inordinately even-keeled.

I think he has been a bit mopey about playing off ball so much this season or maybe more accurate to say being the #2 option on offense.

I’ve mentally checked out a bit on this team so I think any wins from here on out are just gravy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,167

Post#289 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

I'm sure the Body Language Police watched enough Blazers basketball over the last decade to positively conclude that Dame has, in fact, actually been pouting all year, instead of exuding his usual stoicism on the floor. Had he been traded to Miami instead, the numerous strippers, hookers, and models would have been enough to make him laugh and smile for the entirety of every game, signaling to the Heat fan base that yes, I am, in fact, HAPPY!!!
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,184

Post#290 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 pm

Yea he's always been pretty unemotional or 'stoic' out there. But I'd say his and well really everyone on the team's frustration with Griffin was fairly clear. Watching a lot of games I don't think it was hard to tell the team thought he was an idiot, especially Dame. You don't see that now or in leaks coming out from the team in spite of how rough its gone lately. I went a few weeks ago to the Raps game they lost and sat pretty close, Dame cared and tried (seemed everyone did) but they lost. I think he actually played the whole 2H until fouling out at the end. Another thing to note, I sat behind the Raps bench and it sure seemed their team and players were bought into the coach in spite of them basically tanking. Whoever the coach might have a chance at being good if he gets to a good team, or an assistant on a good team. Team was in a like 15 game losing streak three weeks from Cancun and he hadn't lost them.

Its just really weird they've generally fixed the D to improve to basic mid level competency but still haven't been winning because the O has fallen apart. Its nuts with the talent on O that its even possible for the O to suck.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,569

Post#291 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

Whether or not Dame does or doesn’t want to be here he isn’t nearly as good as advertised and that’s the problem
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,508

Post#292 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Whether or not Dame does or doesn’t want to be here he isn’t nearly as good as advertised and that’s the problem

That’s where Im at. Idk if he wants to be here and I feel bad for his familial situation and know that’s been weighing on him too. I just think he’s lost a step and he’s declining pretty fast. If that isn’t true then he’s injured and we need to be evaluating if it’s something that’s contributing to him declining fast or if it’s fixable.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,192

Post#293 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 pm

I might be crazy, but I think the problem could be not the starters who are generally soundly beating people but the bench players who, outside of AJ Green, are not.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 989

Post#294 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm

I think Dame has been pretty good and the team has about 50 issues greater on the pecking order. Health, age, bench, coach, and the list goes on. You expected Dame to be a superhero, that's not reality. Think for a second what this team has had to go through this season because of factors Dame can not control. Our big 3 playing together like twice after Doc took over is hilariously tragic in itself
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,753

Post#295 » by Serge28 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Serge28 wrote:Game 1's start time has been changed from 6:30 pm CT to 6:00 pm CT.

It was always 6:00

:rofl2:

I invited some friends over to my place to watch the game on Sunday at 6:30.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,823

Post#296 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,107

Post#297 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,823

Post#298 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,751

Post#299 » by DanoMac » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’S cLeArLy PoUtInG
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,462

Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#300 » by steger_3434 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 pm

DanoMac wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’S cLeArLy PoUtInG

Well if he loves Milwaukee then he just isn’t as good as he used to be and isn’t a number 1. I’m not sure what is worse.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !

Return to Milwaukee Bucks