Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Re: PG Indy Game 2: Series Tied 1-1 

Post#121 » by fan230 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 am

Just came back home from Fiserv.

We were outplayed especially in the 2nd half. Here’s what I saw today:

We had got Jae to defend players like Tatum. He is a completely loser quality player for the last 2 years and it was blatantly obvious today.

Ajj is no solution for our situation.

We have no offensive strategy from Doc. Just depends on a Dame Time excitement which I have always felt is a childish type of excitement. Last game he was superlative in the first half and we won primarily because of him. But like someone else wrote, he has become a one trick pony. He throws up 3 pointers and if they hit there chant of Dame time. This is not a sustainable strategy in most games. Dame does have the firepower to get past the defense but he gets near the rim and has no clue about how to take a shot that has any chance of going through the hoop. Dame also cannot create well enough as a pg; that creation ability is badly needed by us as not a single player has any creative ability in the roster that played the first 2 games. Khris used to have but it has deteriorated noticeably.

Khris’ shots sre still clean but he is no longer the offensive player that he was; age and injuries.

Portis plays great on offense some games but is almost a zero in others; today he was amost a zero.

Pat C hfss improved a lot from the regular season but he cannot change the game from a loss to a win. He tries ver hard though.

Malik has regressed on offense and was always bad on defense.

Green has potential in offense but has disappointed in the playoffs. Defense has improved.

Brook was good on offense but spotty on defense.

Nobody had any clue how to slow down Siakam, including our coach Doc. He killed us completely. We looked like a playground defense.

Overall our skill set is much worse than that of the pacers. Will Giannis change things? I am not so sure . The whole team missed so many shots at the 1 foot distance. They just are less skilled. Age is often mentioned but bottom line is that skill set is low and our latest coach has no idea how to change up the defense or offense.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#122 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:34 am

skones wrote:
rilamann wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Needed a big Kash money game. Didn't get enough from him.

I love how we baby and coddle Middleton all season so that he can be healthy for moments like tonight so that he can give us a big gusty 15pts on 6-14.

I like Middleton and I respect what Middleton has done for the Bucks in the past.

But the Bucks are going nowhere until they stop relying on this guy.

Like I said last February, I would have been working the phones 24/7 to get whatever I could still get for Middleton.

Did you eat your crow when Middleton showed up and gave you 24/6/6 in the playoffs last year on 46.5/40.6/86.7? And when he had 23, 10, and 4 on Sunday?

Bucks are out here getting punked and humiliated by #8 (2023) seeds and #6 seeds, I am not eating a damn thing.

And I am not eating crow for a guy who gets babied all season so that he can play well 1 out of every 4 or 5 games when he actually does suit up.

Come talk to me when Middleton shows some consistency and the Bucks can figure out how to win their 2nd playoff series since 2021.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fan230
Analyst

Post#123 » by fan230 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 am

Also I think when no defense is working, i t is time to pplay Livingstone and Thanasis. In all likelihood it won’t work but times are desperate and ajj or mjb are of no use, nor is Danilo.

We fired a Championship coach coz we lost in ghe first round. Whom should we fire this time? Horst or Doc or both? We have a good chance of losing in the first round.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,264

Post#124 » by skones » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 am

rilamann wrote:
skones wrote:
rilamann wrote:
I love how we baby and coddle Middleton all season so that he can be healthy for moments like tonight so that he can give us a big gusty 15pts on 6-14.

I like Middleton and I respect what Middleton has done for the Bucks in the past.

But the Bucks are going nowhere until they stop relying on this guy.

Like I said last February, I would have been working the phones 24/7 to get whatever I could still get for Middleton.

Did you eat your crow when Middleton showed up and gave you 24/6/6 in the playoffs last year on 46.5/40.6/86.7? And when he had 23, 10, and 4 on Sunday?

Bucks are out here getting punked and humiliated by #8 (2023) seeds and #6 seeds, I am not eating a damn thing.

And I am not eating crow for a guy who gets babied all season so that he can play well 1 out of every 4 or 5 games when he actually does suit up.

Come talk to me when Middleton shows some consistency and the Bucks can figure out how to win their 2nd playoff series since 2021.

rilamann
RealGM

Post#125 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 am

blazza18 wrote:Always feel like Bobby is the wrong messenger. Gotta back up the talk.

I love Bobby.

But those comments are going to be a really bad look on Friday when the Bucks get punked by the Pacers for the 48th time this season.

When you've been humiliated, disrespected and beaten as much as the Bucks have been this season at the hands of the Pacers, you might just want to keep your mouth shut at this point.

This season has been an embarrassment on so many levels. Please stop, Bobby.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#126 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 am

I should have known making a km comment will start this.

At the end of the day, we need khris. We need his shot creation and he's got to be putting up 20-25 pts with good efficiency, otherwise we don't have enough firepower,especially with giannis out.

Maybe if giannis and Dame are going off he can be a 15pt 3rd banana making easy shots,but without giannis his production is absolutely necessary, like it or not.

And given his degrading defense his offense is even more important.

I still think he has a couple per series 25-30+pt games in the tank somewhere. But I don't expect it as often.
#FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,374

Post#127 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 am

Bobby was second on the team in shots taken.

That's not good for the Bucks offense.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,374

Post#128 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:44 am

Also, I still can't get over calling a timeout to barely avoid a ten second call and then advancing the ball, then throwing it into the back court to get a ten second call.

Like, just, coaching failure.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,091

Post#129 » by Siefer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:44 am

Bucks played well all things considered. Pacers had a wild shooting game, and the front court situation is rough without Giannis. Beas wilting isn't a shock, but it's still disappointing. Crowder is just washed, which is a huge bummer.
yb90
Senior
And1: 246

Post#130 » by yb90 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 am

KidA24 wrote:Also, I still can't get over calling a timeout to barely avoid a ten second call and then advancing the ball, then throwing it into the back court to get a ten second call.

Like, just, coaching failure.

The ball was not advance it was still in the backcourt.

The move was to post Lopez up at the rim as a safety valve and if he can't grab it at least it's a turnover at thr Bucks basket
fan230
Analyst

Post#131 » by fan230 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 am

Also I think when no defense is working, i t is time to play Livingstone and Thanasis. In all likelihood it won’t work but times are desperate and ajj or mjb are of no use, nor is Danilo.

We fired a Championship coach coz we lost in ghe first round. Whom should we fire this time? Horst or Doc or both? We have a good chance of losing in the first round.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,968

Post#132 » by Plossum » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 am

Khris isn't the problem.

We're already a pretty scratchy team and then our MVP candidate got injured. Fact is, Giannis papers over a lot of the severe cracks this squad has. Without him we're probably close to the level of like Chicago or Atlanta.

I mean, take any Playoff team's best player from the squad and would you back them to win a series let alone the NBA title? Boston could prob sustain a deep run without Tatum (but not win) and that's about it.

Even with Giannis, this was going to be very competitive series. Without him, our game plan is pretty much hope to hell we get hot from three and they don't.
#LockUpChuck
fan230
Analyst

Post#133 » by fan230 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 am

Sorry for double posting; the app behaves very strangely sometimes.
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#134 » by Istanbullus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 am

Magic Giannison wrote:For some reason im not worried, its just a feeling but something tells me Giannis comes back soon!

Change who you're praying to though. Apollo was the god of healing and might be burnt that you're going to Zeus.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#135 » by xTitan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 am

Too old, too short, too slow, terrible ball handlers, nobody can beat anyone off the dribble. Horst has really painted this team into a corner being unable to draft and develop athleticism, size, anything.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#136 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 am

Istanbullus wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:For some reason im not worried, its just a feeling but something tells me Giannis comes back soon!

Change who you're praying to though. Apollo was the god of healing and might be burnt that you're going to Zeus.

Zeus, Apollo they all Greek to me :wink:
rilamann
RealGM

Post#137 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 am

fan230 wrote:Also I think when no defense is working, i t is time to play Livingstone and Thanasis. In all likelihood it won’t work but times are desperate and ajj or mjb are of no use, nor is Danilo.

In season full of bad looks for the Bucks.

Firing Bud because the Bucks lost in round 1, but then not firing Doc because you lost in round 1 might be the worst look of the season.

Doc will get excuses, but then why didn't Bud get any excuses?

But the Bucks are in a lose lose because if you fire Doc it's going to be a really bad look, too.

From now on whenever I hear the ole saying If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging I will always think of Jon Horst and the 2023'24 Bucks season...lol.

I wasn't the biggest Bud fan and I thought it was time to move on, but Horst firing Bud started it all and since then, Horst has just continued to keep digging himself into a deeper hole.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#138 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 am

Matches Malone wrote:Voodoo will like this one.

Read on Twitter

That was the first thing I thought too, I was like Voodoo is going to have a field day with this one....lol.

What if VooDoo is Haliburton?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#139 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 am

I wish we had not fired Bud but it doesn't matter who our coach is, without Giannis we are closer to the teams in the bottom half of the bracket than we are to the teams in the top half. Our best hope when he is injured is to stay afloat as best we can and hope he comes back near 100%. Although, in no circumstances is it worth risking Giannis missing next season because we rushed him back for this postseason.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#140 » by Ayt » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 am

No one should expect this team to win a playoff round without Giannis. This is where we are at.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks