ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,920

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1861 » by Fotis St » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:57 pm

fansinceforever wrote:I honestly don't see another avenue towards a legitimate retooling that doesn't involve moving Dame.

He's the only guy on the roster that helps us fetch multiple athletic wing(s), guard(s), big(s) who can defend their position and come with skills offensively. We don't get that for anyone else on the roster.

You don't need to trade Top75 All time Player for the players we need. The players we need are the cheapest attributes an NBA Player can have. Athletic Defender with limited Offense are cheap and they rank pretty low even on Draft Nights.

We got Pat Bev on minimum for example. Unfortunately Horst & whoever his assistants are completely clueless as talent evaluators. We could have drafted Hartenstein with our 2nd round pick, we drafted Brown or someone ... He knows Drafting is not his thing and trades them BUT man, come on its been 4 years without an athletic wing and our opponents are heavy wing talented & loaded all these years. There is no excuse for that
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,894

Post#1862 » by fansinceforever » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 pm

Fotis St wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:I honestly don't see another avenue towards a legitimate retooling that doesn't involve moving Dame.

He's the only guy on the roster that helps us fetch multiple athletic wing(s), guard(s), big(s) who can defend their position and come with skills offensively. We don't get that for anyone else on the roster.

You don't need to trade Top75 All time Player for the players we need. The players we need are the cheapest attributes an NBA Player can have. Athletic Defender with limited Offense are cheap and they rank pretty low even on Draft Nights.

We got Pat Bev on minimum for example. Unfortunately Horst & whoever his assistants are completely clueless as talent evaluators. We could have drafted Hartenstein with our 2nd round pick, we drafted Brown or someone ... He knows Drafting is not his thing and trades them BUT man, come on its been 4 years without an athletic wing and our opponents are heavy wing talented & loaded all these years. There is no excuse for that

We need a lot more than that
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,065

Post#1863 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am

Watching Boston/Miami and seeing Porzingis/Bam at center and thinking about how we're making Brook/Bobby work defensively at center when we have Giannis is annoying. Giannis is our center, Dame is our point guard. Build from there.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,229

Post#1864 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 am

rilamann wrote:Sign me up for that Heat trade.

And the reality is that no way is Riley giving up those three dudes for Dame.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,946

Post#1865 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Watching Boston/Miami and seeing Porzingis/Bam at center and thinking about how we're making Brook/Bobby work defensively at center when we have Giannis is annoying. Giannis is our center, Dame is our point guard. Build from there.

I always hated the excuse of not playing Giannis at Center more because of the beating it theoretically would take on his body. There aren't many centers that can match him physically as is, and he faces double/triple teams anyways, so he's going to take a beating regardless. Hope he plays there more often, and we can get some competent wings next to him and Dame.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,328

Post#1866 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

You're right.

It's one of those things at first thought you might think the Heat would consider it. But when you really stop and give it more thought, no way are the Heat giving up 3 high quality players under 25 for Dame. Riley has never been a fool.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,065

Post#1867 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Watching Boston/Miami and seeing Porzingis/Bam at center and thinking about how we're making Brook/Bobby work defensively at center when we have Giannis is annoying. Giannis is our center, Dame is our point guard. Build from there.

I always hated the excuse of not playing Giannis at Center more because of the beating it theoretically would take on his body. There aren't many centers that can match him physically as is, and he faces double/triple teams anyways, so he's going to take a beating regardless. Hope he plays there more often, and we can get some competent wings next to him and Dame.

It's just like you have this big, versatile monster and you're stuck playing like sure talented but wholly one note guys next to him to fulfil this "big" quota which just erases the versatility he creates. Bobby and Brook create so many holes defensively that we have to cover on top of not really creating their own offensive looks better than Giannis would in the first place (let alone Dame, Khris too). I just look at our frontcourt and see a mess. Like the more I look at Brook and Bobby, sure maybe they bring strengths some places, but I'm looking at it like why would you ever put them on the floor with Giannis? You have a great looking wall held together by gum and sticks when you get close.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#1868 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 am

Matches Malone wrote:

My only concern is giannis picking up defensive fouls. Giannis is not backing down to anyone and I'd be concerned coaches throwing big bodies into giannis underneath just to get him in foul trouble. One of the few ways to slow down giannis is for him to pick up fouls.

It's all doable if he can retool his game a little to not get in foul trouble as the main defender underneath.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#1869 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 am

I bet this would work really good with Dame and GA or Khash

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/mKEJuXBJY88M2JCC/?mibextid=D5vuiz
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,230

Post#1870 » by RiotPunch » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 am

-Jragon- wrote:I bet this would work really good with Dame and GA or Khash

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/mKEJuXBJY88M2JCC/?mibextid=D5vuiz

That is a thing of beauty.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,230

Post#1871 » by RiotPunch » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:39 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

With no 1sts involved I think he takes it and runs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,252

Post#1872 » by Sigra » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 am

Dame would be MVP with Spoelstra
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,920

Post#1873 » by Fotis St » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:18 am

The extended career of CP3 has changed my mind on how long Dame can throw 30+ bombs on opponents.

Giannis + Dame are keepers for at least the next 3-4 years.

One more thing alot here haven't considered cause we haven't experienced it yet .... Dame can attract other superstars to play next to him. Giannis has been proven he can't attract noone.
So ... lets all calm down on trading those 2, they are not going anywhere and that is good for the Bucks
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 907

Post#1874 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm

The talk of trading Dame is complete nonsense. Middleton and Brook are the ones that need to go for some younger athletic talent. I'd still get a big that plays something like 25 mins of center but Giannis needs to swallow his ego and play the other 23 minutes most nights. Middleton absolutely has to go before he has 0 trade value which will be very very soon.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#1875 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:16 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm not down on Dame. He's a point machine. And he still has the opportunity to keep pouring it on the Pacers.

But as you look at the decisions made over the past 12-months, in retrospect, I'd personally rescind them if I could.

Bud >> Doc (Bud is Sloan or a young Pop, Doc is sort of George Karl)

Jrue, Grayson, 2029 unprotected 1st, 2028 and 2030 pick swaps > Dame

I get all the problems we had with Jrue, especially in the playoffs. But watching that uncontested layup line to the rim last night got me to thinking about Big Dog. He'd put up 34 points and people would go crazy at the Bark Board. But a Cedric Ceballos would get 36 on him and we'd lose.

At this moment, I'd rather be riding with Jrue, Grayson and probably a different damn good player we could have gotten with those pick and salary space assets.

There couldn't be a bigger disaster than if we'd have kept Jrue. He's literally no better than Beverly in the playoffs.

He's now the worst contract in the NBA. Dame just won us a playoff game. Don't blame terrible defense by others on Dame.

I
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,612

Post#1876 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm

Dame looking like Dame is the biggest development of these playoffs.

Acquiring some defenders and athletes is incomparably easier than picking up premier talent.

If Crowder and MarJon were as good as they were supposed to be we might not even be in this situation.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,885

Post#1877 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 pm

raferfenix wrote:Dame looking like Dame is the biggest development of these playoffs.

Acquiring some defenders and athletes is incomparably easier than picking up premier talent.

If Crowder and MarJon were as good as they were supposed to be we might not even be in this situation.

This. Someone will have to walk me through this thought process of why a Dame trade is the only way to "re-tool" and get younger around Giannis. This is exactly why some of us advocated for something like the rumored Bobby for Grant Williams and a 1st deal. We literally bought an early 2nd round pick for nothing but cash last draft, and we'll have two Top-35 picks in this upcoming draft. Figuring out a way to surround Dame/Giannis with some younger athletic defenders and 3&D guys shouldn't be rocket science for any GM.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,612

Post#1878 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We literally bought an early 2nd round pick for nothing but cash last draft, and we'll have two Top-35 picks in this upcoming draft. Figuring out a way to surround Dame/Giannis with some younger athletic defenders and 3&D guys shouldn't be rocket science for any GM.

Credit to Horst for picking up Pat Bev for a song from a conference rival no less.

It's looking like we still need the emergence of someone on the wing to really make noise in the playoffs.

Doc said it himself that we needed one of MarJon or Ajax to contribute which just hasn't happened alongside Crowder and Pat showing their age. Dairy Bird's flashes have been real encouraging but he's not a versatile athletic defender with size.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,885

Post#1879 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 pm

I'll give Andre a full offseason with an actual competent coaching staff before I judge. Marjon seems like a lost cause though. Three different coaches (four if you count Prunty) have had a decent look at him and come to the same conclusion.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1880 » by Profound23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 pm

I will say if Dame keeps playing like this in the playoffs his trade value might sky rocket and we might want to consider trading him at that point if we can get enough young talent for him.

Yes Khris and Lopez are definitely the ones we should be looking to trade but we won't get much back for either at this point because one can't stay healthy and they are both way too slow.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks