Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Re: Round 1 Game 3: Bucks at Pacers - 4/26/24 - 4:30 - ESPN/BSWI Alternate 

Post#62 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm

Mark Jones and Hubie on the call. I love Hubie (he's 90!). Fortunately Doris is doing the Clips/Mavs game. But I'll be watching the local broadcast. I have a feeling Marques will hang it up after this season (hope not)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,174

Post#63 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:Cursed season. Gotta start having some discussions about Giannis being injury prone and it taking away from his legacy

Sounds fun. When I'm old and gray, sitting in the stands with my grandson, pointing to Giannis' jersey in the rafters, right next to at least one championship banner, reminiscing about his discovery of basketball, his journey to America, Milwaukee, the NBA, his family, the MVP's, all the accolades, and the 50-piece in Game 6, I'll be damned if I forget to impart on little bright-eyed Timmy that Giannis was, in fact, "occasionally injured" and had a "frustrating free throw routine."
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#64 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Two years in a row without our best player. He really got hurt the last week of the season, like wtf man.

Sports really suck sometimes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,604

Post#65 » by RogerMurdock » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

We can win if Dame goes for 50, Portis and Brook for 30 each, Beas 6-9 from three.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#66 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Cursed season. Gotta start having some discussions about Giannis being injury prone and it taking away from his legacy

Sounds fun. When I'm old and gray, sitting in the stands with my grandson, pointing to Giannis' jersey in the rafters, right next to at least one championship banner, reminiscing about his discovery of basketball, his journey to America, Milwaukee, the NBA, his family, the MVP's, all the accolades, and the 50-piece in Game 6, I'll be damned if I forget to impart on little bright-eyed Timmy that Giannis was, in fact, "occasionally injured" and had a "frustrating free throw routine."

Nah man you can't be that sensitive with this. I know your schtick is to call out negative people, but I'm a Bucks fan first and foremost and it hurts to see Giannis go down every single playoff. Even when we won, I had my lowest moment as a basketball fan when he bent his knee backwards. It's part of what makes him great, that unrelenting aggression, but it's a double edged sword. Him not being able to stay healthy at all for a playoff is now more officially a 'thing' than ever.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#67 » by fan230 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 pm

When he hurt his knee, it was an unpreventable injury.

This time the injury was highly preventable. That is the big difference. There were signs for 3 games in a row that he was having trouble with that leg as per the injury report. But the med team wrongly thought that he would be fine to play with that injury. And at least in one of those games, Doc wanted to pull him out but didn’t do it and verbally regretted his own decision.

Doc s record was poor in terms of win losses and he thought of that first.

This injury was just before the playoffs started which makes the blame directly on the med team and on Doc.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,607

Post#68 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm

This **** sucks. What a letdown.
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#69 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm

Please be careful in the Olympics Giannis. We need to figure this **** out for next year
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#70 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm

fan230 wrote:When he hurt his knee, it was an unpreventable injury.

This time the injury was highly preventable. That is the big difference. There were signs for 3 games in a row that he was having trouble with that leg as per the injury report. But the med team wrongly thought that he would be fine to play with that injury. And at least in one of those games, Doc wanted to pull him out but didn’t do it and verbally regretted his own decision.

This injury was just before the playoffs started which makes the blame directly on the med team and on Doc.

People can call it 20/20 hindsight...blah blah blah. But there were a bunch of us here posting saying give Giannis a bunch of games off. Even if it meant we ended up in the play-in, I did not care, his health was more important and still is. Losing this series actually might save his career in all honesty. He needs time off.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,174

Post#71 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Nah man you can't be that sensitive with this. I know your schtick is to call out negative people, but I'm a Bucks fan first and foremost and it hurts to see Giannis go down every single playoff. Even when we won, I had my lowest moment as a basketball fan when he bent his knee backwards. It's part of what makes him great, that unrelenting aggression, but it's a double edged sword. Him not being able to stay healthy at all for a playoff is now more officially a 'thing' than ever.

Yeah I'm admittedly frustrated. This f***ing sucks. But in no way, shape, or form will "injuries" impact Giannis' legacy. His legacy is cemented. He was never going to be in the conversation for "best ever" but he's already a top-50,75 player of all time, with arguably the greatest story of all time. Our decision makers need to do a better job of making decisions. It's pretty f***ing simple. Load manage Giannis every single season so he's at peak health for the playoffs. But it wasn't just our decision makers. There are plenty of Bucks fans, every year, who actually care about seeding. Why? No f***ing clue.
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#72 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Profound23 wrote:

People can call it 20/20 hindsight...blah blah blah. But there were a bunch of us here posting saying give Giannis a bunch of games off. Even if it meant we ended up in the play-in, I did not care, his health was more important and still is. Losing this series actually might save his career in all honesty. He needs time off.

He’s probably going to play in the Olympics now. Time off. Lol
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#73 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Yeah I'm admittedly frustrated. This f***ing sucks. But in no way, shape, or form will "injuries" impact Giannis' legacy. His legacy is cemented. He was never going to be in the conversation for "best ever" but he's already a top-50,75 player of all time, with arguably the greatest story of all time. Our decision makers need to do a better job of making decisions. It's pretty f***ing simple. Load manage Giannis every single season so he's at peak health for playoffs. But it wasn't just our decision makers. There are plenty of Bucks fans, every year, who actually care about seeding. Why? No f***ing clue.

We did that last year. It really doesn’t matter
Profound23
RealGM

Post#74 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

He’s probably going to play in the Olympics now. Time off. Lol

I hope not, but yeah knowing his work ethic I can see it
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#75 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Yeah I'm admittedly frustrated. This f***ing sucks. But in no way, shape, or form will "injuries" impact Giannis' legacy. His legacy is cemented. He was never going to be in the conversation for "best ever" but he's already a top-50,75 player of all time, with arguably the greatest story of all time. Our decision makers need to do a better job of making decisions. It's pretty f***ing simple. Load manage Giannis every single season so he's at peak health for the playoffs. But it wasn't just our decision makers. There are plenty of Bucks fans, every year, who actually care about seeding. Why? No f***ing clue.

I agree, I think most of us are frustrated/sad today. Thing is is Giannis should be building on his legacy today but we just keep losing seasons due to him getting injured during/before the playoffs. It's starting to turn into a what could've been, and it just really hurts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,923

Post#76 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm

This. There's Giannis' style of play making these freak injuries like 2021 and 2023 more likely, and then there's playing him every B2B, with the heaviest minutes/games load since he was 23-years old, all while dealing with what everyone knew at the time was Achilles tendinitis. Like, it was literally on the injury report for the games that he actually missed.

*insert Futurama "I'm shocked! Shocked! Well....not that shocked" gif*
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#77 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Pacers -6.5 seems like an easy bet for the people into that stuff
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#78 » by BigO » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

How low are my expectations? I'm already thinking of the fantastic trade scenarios on this Board in the next week.

Give me a healthy Giannis and KM and I'm back on board. There's neither the scoring power or the defensive chops on this team without both of them.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,118

Post#79 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Pacers -6.5 seems like an easy bet for the people into that stuff

Yes, reverse jinx. Lose your money betting against the Bucks as some did in game 1.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM

Post#80 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Pacers -6.5 seems like an easy bet for the people into that stuff

Yes, reverse jinx. Lose your money betting against the Bucks as some did in game 1.

Now that you mentioned the jinx you just messed it up. Don't you know how superstitions work or is that only my OCD brain?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks