PG Pacers Game 3: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#101 » by Be Here Now » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Be Here Now wrote:I didn't think it was possible, but after that coaching performance I'm starting to think Griffin ain't that bad.

No

I'm obviously kidding, after 4 games I figured Griffin would be gone by Xmas. But Doc going with the Bobby and Brook lineup for an eternity to close the game was as bad as it gets.

The Bucks have had terrible playoff coaching the past 2 years.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
yb90
Senior
And1: 247

Post#102 » by yb90 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:If AJJ gets more of Bobby minutes we win this game, this was glaringly obvious to me. Was saying it during the 2nd quarter

Bobby was awesome defending Siakam.

AJJ could play over Bev or Brook.

Siakim had a bad game. Bobby was trash on mist of his rotations and with his effort.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#103 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

Khris and Bobby combined for 28 rebounds and I just do not believe it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#104 » by rilamann » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

Last guy in the NBA I would want to get into a fight with: Bobby Portis.

One 6'10+ guy in the NBA that I might be able to out-muscle for a rebound: Bobby Portis.

Ok maybe that's a stretch but you get my point. Bobby is a weird dude. I've talked about this before, but he's a legit tough guy not afraid to get physical after the whistle, but during the game he plays like he's terrified of physical contact.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,966

Post#105 » by Prez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

Incredibly frustrating knowing we could be 1-3 after Sunday but would’ve probably swept them with a healthy 34. I’m just so tired of our postseasons being screwed by injuries man.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Post#106 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:If AJJ gets more of Bobby minutes we win this game, this was glaringly obvious to me. Was saying it during the 2nd quarter

True. His defense was very good.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,556

Post#107 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

Fock Doc. If he doesn't get out of the 1st rd, he ought to give his entire salary to Gaza refugees. He couldn't even manage a winning record in the regular season w/ a co-champ favorite coming into the season.

That's not the first time we've seen him run a lineup into the ground through an OT, resulting in a loss. Nobody could move to a rebound. It's even worse than normal from just being old. And Bobby was choking. Doc just doesn't learn much from mistakes.

We go on runs mixing in younger guys, then go away from them completely when it matters. At least play Playoff Pat so we can get a rebound.

Didn't see as many of the stupid double teams letting them get downhill 4 on 3 or be wide open as much. But if not scheme (I had a problem w/ the zones too), it's the rotations, which may be the worst I've seen from a coach.

Totally winnable game that's another loss vs. the Pacers. I guess it's better than a blowout to foster hope, but it's a missed opportunity, and you only get so many.

Now they have to win game 4, which means bringing Giannis back if he's at all functional. Then you live w/ the results. Easy to be a Monday Morning QB. He could have blown his knee during the Finals. Not much different stakes, seeing as though they went all in.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 590

Post#108 » by Bmaasse » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

yb90 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Siakim had a bad game. Bobby was trash on mist of his rotations and with his effort.

I dunno, that looked like a normal Siakam game to me. Those first 2 games were an anomaly.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#109 » by SirChurros » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:58 am

Don’t care what anyone says or thinks, Khash is my favorite Buck ever. Love that dude. Gutsy effort.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,762

Post#110 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

These were my thoughts as well. As rough as Bobby was the issue was Brook and Beverly gave you almost nothing.

Agree. Do people realize Bobby had 17 points and 18 rebounds? He outplayed Siakam. Brook got cooked by Turner.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#111 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am

humanrefutation wrote:Incredible resilience by this team. Khris was **** awesome.

Doc is a **** **** for sticking with Brook and Bobby when they couldn't get a **** rebound to save their life.

Pacers might have won, but I think they've been shaken by this.

I can understand wondering why Brook only had 4 rebounds. But BP had 18 rebounds and you guys with your narratives can't help yourself with the anti BP bias.

Half the people on this board wanted BP to sit the entire second half.

No way the Bucks are anywhere close in this game without BP. Everyone but KM were bad the first half. At least I know Hubie knows the game and raved about the value he brought.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#112 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

These were my thoughts as well. As rough as Bobby was the issue was Brook and Beverly gave you almost nothing.

Agree. Do people realize Bobby had 17 points and 18 rebounds? He outplayed Siakam. Brook got cooked by Turner.

I was pretty invested so wasn't watching like i normally do.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#113 » by JimmyTheKid » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am

RiotPunch wrote:Doc going back to that lifeless rebounding group was the nail in the coffin. Needed the extra gear and nose for the ball AJJ and Green provide. Coaching malpractice of the highest order.

Just. Couldn’t. Help. Himself.

Chances AJJ gets another real shot in this postseason? Slim to none if this season is any indication. So embarrassing for three straight coaches. The one guy who gives you the one thing your rotation is missing and instead of being proactive about it you’re predictably reactive and wait until it’s desperation time for down 19 in game 3 of the postseason.

What a waste. Props to Khris, man. Can barely move out there and is still a silent assassin.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,240

Post#114 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

I would love to see BP's rebounding chances relative to his 18. Brook and the guards were definitely also terrible. Group effort. Needed the youths out there to snag the 50/50's.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#115 » by Be Here Now » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Agree. Do people realize Bobby had 17 points and 18 rebounds? He outplayed Siakam. Brook got cooked by Turner.

Brook was for sure worse than Bobby tonight. But Bobby was way too slow to all but one rebound the last 6-8 mins.

Those two should not be playing together unless both Dame and Mids are out.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#116 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

Khris was amazing.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,499

Post#117 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

Let's take a moment to acknowledge witnessing one of the greatest Milwaukee bucks playoff performances in the history of the franchise.

Thank you Ka$h Money Middleton.

#FreeChuckDiesel
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#118 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

PG Graveyard wrote:Bobby’s lack of effort getting rebounds was tough to watch. One gripe

This must be satire.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,020

Post#119 » by Ryan5UW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
EUROBUCK
Pro Prospect
And1: 634

Post#120 » by EUROBUCK » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 am

So close but the fact that pacers managed to pull through this is not good for us. Next game they'll be super alert and we won't even get that close. This was our chance... unless we rush giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks