ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1121 » by yb90 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:56 am

Fultz might need to go overseas for a year or two while he is still young and can take the practicing they do.

If he is on the min. I wouldn't mind a defensive guard like Fultz.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#1122 » by bucksfansince88 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:09 am

Here are some players drafted by the 76ers while Doc Rivers was the head coach.

· Tyrese Maxey: selected with the 21st pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
· Jaden Springer: selected in the 2021 NBA Draft
· Flip Petrusev: selected with the 50th pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
· Charles Bassey: selected with the 53rd pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,295

Post#1123 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 11, 2024 4:18 am

It's so depressing to go into an NBA offseason with no real hope for roster improvement, a GM apparently looking for his exit, and Doc Rivers as your coach.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,632

Post#1124 » by RogerMurdock » Sat May 11, 2024 5:25 am

This is so sad. Just because Thanasis is injured doesn't mean he can't live a long, happy, productive life.

Read on Twitter
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#1125 » by LuessiT » Sat May 11, 2024 11:00 am

Obviously a lot depends on the outgoings. We have four players that are worthy of consideration:

Lillard: We got him reasonably cheap and his playoffs were quite solid that I do think we could find a good market for him. Nonetheless, unless we find a deal that nets us a younger star, a top tier prospect or overwhelms us with value he should be kept.

Middleton: Similar sentiment here. Unless we find a deal that nets us a younger star, a top tier prospect or overwhelms us with value he should be kept.

Lopez: I think his recent contract and his ever declining footspeed put him in the 'more value around the league than to us'-bracket. He's still the same level of rim protector, he's still threatening from outside and inside when needed, but he absolutely cannot guard the perimeter anymore. So unless you have perimeter players able to defend the PnR without much help from their big, he's going to be a liability in some matchups in the playoffs. And I'm not sure we can commit 23m to a situational option when it matters. So I would advise to sell, assuming his value is a slight positive around the league.

Portis: Had a really strong season, especially in the absence of Giannis. He's a volume scorer with a decent shot profile, showing some self creation with his back to the basket game. While not a particularly great defender, he also secures a lot of extra possessions via boards and the occasional steals. I think you can find teams buying into him as a third or even second option and at his salary slot he becomes extremely attractive for teams with cap space (because he's a prime candidate for renegotiation and extension). To us he's still very valueable as a 6th man, but he's at his best in minutes sans Giannis - which hopefully shouldn't be many. Also I don't see the owners forking out another 25m or more after the season so at this point he should probably be seen as a rental. All in all, I see him also in the 'more value around the league than to us'-bracket, but would expect significant value in return.

That leads me to believe the biggest struggle is going to fit the spot next to Giannis. Ideally we're looking for a variable 4-5-hybrid that can play either position depending on the matchup. On offense we want a player that is nearly exclusively playing the perimeter (screen setter, spot up shooter, dho) and only operates in the post when short handed. On defense we want to have Giannis as a defensive presence as close to the basket as possible, but not have him guard the physically taxing players. Therefore we're looking for a player comfortable chasing forwards around the perimeter but also strong enough to take the assignments versus the few post players around the league. This is a tough ask.

A few players around the league that tick some of the boxes:
Jonathan Isaac: Perimeter oriented player on offense, good feet and strong rim protecting abilities on defense, but doesn't have the strength to guard post players.
WCJ: Well rounded player, but doesn't excel at anything.
Moritz Wagner: Lower end option, but not the worst.
Miles Turner: High end option, but struggled in the matchup versus Portis. I don't see him doing much better versus Embiid/Jokic. Also probably not available.
Bam: Very high end option. Struggles from outside. Doubt he's available/attainable.
Okongwu: Hasn't demonstrated that level of play yet. Only recently started shooting from outside. Doubtful he's available.
Beef Stew: Offensively shoots 3s on solid volume. Defensively can hang on the perimeter and strong enough to guard most post players. Dog mentality (sometimes too much). Has never been a starter and is playing for the worst team in basketball. Also making 15m next year so not exactly cheap. Questionable off the court.
KAT: Very high end option (but if the TWolves fall to Denver, some KAT-Lillard-swap could be possible). Defensively not ideal.
Jonas Valanciunas: Low budget FA option. Can stretch the floor a bit, can move his feet a bit. Could be like the initial Lopez signing.
AD: Very high end option (but some AD-Lillard-swap could in theory be possible). Doesn't want to play center. Probably not available/attainable.
Looney: Low end option. Doesn't shoot, but not the worst.
Kessler: Shot 3s in college. Stagnated in sophomore season which might make him available. Not really switchable.
JJJ: Very high end option. Not strong enough to guard permier post players. Doubt he's available/attainable.

Honourable mention: Alex Sarr (I assume he goes very high in the draft but there's a lot of movement at top picks seem relatively easy to get due to the percieved strength of the draft).
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,804

Post#1126 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 11:49 am

So how much will Hartenstein get in free agency? I don't see a suitor with cap space, so is the MLE his max?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1127 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 11:54 am

Collin Sexton greatly improved defensively this past year, making him a perfect fit for us. I could see Utah moving him, as Keyonte George is Ainges guy, and they're kind of redundant.

Sexton is the offensive talent that the Bucks could win with even if one of the big 3 is out. He'd be a massive upgrade from Beasley, improving what was already the most effective lineup in basketball.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#1128 » by raferfenix » Sat May 11, 2024 11:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:One guy I'm really eyeing is Moses Moody. Kerr has never really given him a chance, maybe there's a reason, but his numbers across the board are solid and every time I watch them he gives them good minutes and you wonder why he doesn't play more. Klay could be on the move so maybe it'll be a chance for him to grow there but he's a guy I would love to snag and think he has the potential to be a pretty good piece.

Interested in this idea too.

He’ll be a restricted free agent next season and they got some roster decisions to make.

“I mean that’s kind of been the storyline all year, not knowing how much playing time I’m going to get,” Moody told reporters Wednesday.

To his credit, the 21-year-old has looked at his career through the lens of continued growth, and rather than bemoaning the lack of playing time, he just wants to get better year after year. But at some point, that growth needs to yield results, and he’s repeatedly demonstrated that when he’s given the time to flourish on the court, good things can happen. His skill set at this moment is mostly Guy Who Plays Really Hard — which, for a team that needs to get younger and more athletic, is the perfect kind of role to have regularly available.

“I think it’s really important coming into Year 4 for him that there is some reasonable playing time available for him where he can impact our team and be out there and continue to improve,” Dunleavy Jr. told reporters Thursday. “I think that’s a fair thing.”

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/moses-moody-conundrum-steve-kerr-mike-dunleavy-19410930.php
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1129 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 12:01 pm

German Athens wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I'll make a very unbold prediction that AJJ is better than DFS next year. DFS is so pedestian.

I know you’ve long wanted a combo forward on the bucks like me. Who would you be targeting after we’ve already acquired a perimeter defender and a big man?

Now this is the tough question. So many of the so called combo forwards are really just SFs because they don't rebound. Basically there's Tari Eason and Dyson Daniels that fit what I want.

My offseason plan is to prioritize a top versatile SG, then a combo forward and a backup center who's an actual center. A young player to apprentice behind Brook. A number of them will be FAs.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#1130 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 12:05 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:So how much will Hartenstein get in free agency? I don't see a suitor with cap space, so is the MLE his max?

Orlando has cap space, and New York will assuredly want him back. I’d definitely think more than MLE. Maybe Isaiah Stewart money.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1131 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 12:15 pm

German Athens wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:So how much will Hartenstein get in free agency? I don't see a suitor with cap space, so is the MLE his max?

Orlando has cap space, and New York will assuredly want him back. I’d definitely think more than MLE. Maybe Isaiah Stewart money.

You think Orlando would add another center? They're already paying WCJ. The Knicks will want him back, but with Robinson already with a sizable contract, I wouldn't think they'd just match anything, and I'd think Hartenstein would want to be done with sharing the position.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#1132 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 12:41 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
German Athens wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I'll make a very unbold prediction that AJJ is better than DFS next year. DFS is so pedestian.

I know you’ve long wanted a combo forward on the bucks like me. Who would you be targeting after we’ve already acquired a perimeter defender and a big man?

Now this is the tough question. So many of the so called combo forwards are really just SFs because they don't rebound. Basically there's Tari Eason and Dyson Daniels that fit what I want.

My offseason plan is to prioritize a top versatile SG, then a combo forward and a backup center who's an actual center. A young player to apprentice behind Brook. A number of them will be FAs.

Yeah, I think getting the right combo forward is really important this off-season. I’d love Eason, and think he’d be the answer to a lot of our problems, I just don’t know what it would take to get him.

I’ve also been thinking about Dyson, but more as the guard alongside Dame. He’s already a really good defender, and has those high-level role player traits. His offense just needs to continue to develop.

Mke: Daniels, Nance, #21
Nop: Brook

A few names that would probably fit the combo forward that can actually rebound mold:

Deni Avdija
Kenrich Williams
Kyle Kuzma
Kuminga
Bey
Tate
Jabari Walker
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#1133 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 12:53 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
German Athens wrote:

You think Orlando would add another center? They're already paying WCJ. The Knicks will want him back, but with Robinson already with a sizable contract, I wouldn't think they'd just match anything, and I'd think Hartenstein would want to be done with sharing the position.

Yeah, the Orlando board seems to be talking plenty about hartenstein or claxton, and then they would move off WCJ.

I think they’d view hartenstein as the better defender, and less injury prone while being a similar age to WCJ.

I think from our perspective, the Orlando fanbase is using WCJ as a scapegoat for a team that’s not quite ready, and that he may look really good alongside Giannis.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#1134 » by Plossum » Sat May 11, 2024 1:12 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:One guy I'm really eyeing is Moses Moody. Kerr has never really given him a chance, maybe there's a reason, but his numbers across the board are solid and every time I watch them he gives them good minutes and you wonder why he doesn't play more. Klay could be on the move so maybe it'll be a chance for him to grow there but he's a guy I would love to snag and think he has the potential to be a pretty good piece.

Interested in this idea too.

He’ll be a restricted free agent next season and they got some roster decisions to make.

“I mean that’s kind of been the storyline all year, not knowing how much playing time I’m going to get,” Moody told reporters Wednesday.

To his credit, the 21-year-old has looked at his career through the lens of continued growth, and rather than bemoaning the lack of playing time, he just wants to get better year after year. But at some point, that growth needs to yield results, and he’s repeatedly demonstrated that when he’s given the time to flourish on the court, good things can happen. His skill set at this moment is mostly Guy Who Plays Really Hard — which, for a team that needs to get younger and more athletic, is the perfect kind of role to have regularly available.

“I think it’s really important coming into Year 4 for him that there is some reasonable playing time available for him where he can impact our team and be out there and continue to improve,” Dunleavy Jr. told reporters Thursday. “I think that’s a fair thing.”

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/moses-moody-conundrum-steve-kerr-mike-dunleavy-19410930.php

I doubt we have the collateral to get him but if we did they’d probably expect us to take the Wiggins anchor off their team.

Something like Wiggins/Moody for Midds. That’d be a huge call for our franchise.

Edit: I’d keep Midds in the above scenario. Watching wiggins dog it every night would crush me.
#LockUpChuck
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#1135 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 1:18 pm

My favorite Brook trade where we fill two of our weak spots would be Brook for Adams and Eason.

I don’t know why Houston would do it, but I’m hoping.

Any Brook trade where we can fill two of our three biggest roster holes, perimeter defender, combo forward, big-bodied center, would be huge, and set us up to have a great off-season.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#1136 » by raferfenix » Sat May 11, 2024 1:26 pm

Plossum wrote:I doubt we have the collateral to get him but if we did they’d probably expect us to take the Wiggins anchor off their team.

Something like Wiggins/Moody for Midds. That’d be a huge call for our franchise.

Edit: I’d keep Midds in the above scenario. Watching wiggins dog it every night would crush me.

Wiggins absolutely could be crushing….

….but whether we’re for it or not there was the following report.

That and I could see Golden State valuing Brook’s ending contract.

Moody being the cost would be steep but if they are cashing out Thompson they’ll be motivated to drop cap somehow.

Jake Fisher brought up Bobby here too:

But Wiggins is the Warrior who’s generated the most significant trade chatter around the league. He remains a player in consideration for the Dallas Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Although in order for Milwaukee to reach Wiggins' $24.3 million salary, the Bucks would need to include forward Bobby Portis in any outgoing package, and Milwaukee, sources said, is going to think long and hard before sacrificing Portis in any deal at this deadline. Still, it should be noted Portis was one of Kerr's favorites during this summer's FIBA World Cup run with Team USA.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-wiggins-appears-to-be-warriors-biggest-trade-chip-but-a-deal-remains-a-challenge-225816934.html
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1137 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 pm

German Athens wrote:My favorite Brook trade where we fill two of our weak spots would be Brook for Adams and Eason.

Any Brook trade where we can fill two of our three biggest roster holes, perimeter defender, combo forward, big-bodied center, would be huge, and set us up to have a great off-season.

Would you really be comfortable putting a complete non shooter next to Giannis? I wouldn't.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,009

Post#1138 » by Prez » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 pm

I think Giannis/Adams could be dope tbh. We’d physically beat the **** out of teams, and he’d set crushing screens for Dame. My main concern is his health at this point, not confident in him staying healthy.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,725

Post#1139 » by JayMKE » Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 pm

WCJ kinda sucks, other than being 25 IDK why people would want target him. He’s injured half the time and pretty much the same player as he was when he entered the league. Back up big not really good at anything, not a guy you want to pay and start.

Also want no part of Wiggins
FREE GIANNIS
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#1140 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 2:02 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
German Athens wrote:My favorite Brook trade where we fill two of our weak spots would be Brook for Adams and Eason.

Would you really be comfortable putting a complete non shooter next to Giannis? I wouldn't.

I would, yes. I think Giannis is a very good passer with good vision, but doesn’t quite see the whole court. One pass I think he enjoys making, and is good at delivering, is passes around the hoop when he’s driving.

If a second defender comes off Adam’s man, then Giannis is more than happy to deliver the dump down pass. We just need Adams to finish which he hasn’t always been great at.

The other aspect would be to pair Adams and Dame. Adams is perhaps the best screen setter in the league, and if he’s always around Dame, it would force his defender higher. You could then attack quickly with Giannis in deep position, or off movement on the weakside.

It’s a risk, and I may be off-base, but I think us needing to surround Giannis with 4 shooters at all times is overstated.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks