Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#521 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon May 13, 2024 10:45 am

chonestown wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
jute2003 wrote:It's a great spot. I also like leopolds and io arcade bar for a more mature crowd any day besides saturday.

You guys seem like good guys to ask: my gf is gonna be in WI next week and we’re thinking of doing a day in Madison. I haven’t been there in YEARS.

What are some must-see things to do? It’ll be a weekday, and we aren’t really drinkers but like seeing sights, shopping, restaurants, museums. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Over by Memorial Union area, there's a couple parking ramps. The food carts set up on Library Mall, which corresponds to the west end of State Street. There's a ton of options, my top choice is Caracas Arepas which is Venezuelan. Library Mall puts you in close contact to the Chazen Art Museum, which I find much superior to the MOCA. It's free, the featured exhibitions are usually more to my taste and the permanent collection is stronger. Memorial Union is Memorial Union. Not an imaginative choice but c'mon. If it's nice out, it's glorious. A damn showpiece is what it is, plus it's close to Science Hall and the Red Gym, probably my two favorite two pieces of campus architecture.

I would walk the path out to the west and make sure to stop at Allen Centennial Garden, which has a fairly small footprint but a ton of variety. You can either walk back at that point or head out to Monroe Street, which begins at Camp Randall. It might make more sense to drive out there as well. The two shopping/districts are roughly the 1700-1900 blocks and the Knickerbocker area on the west side of Edgewood. The choice spots for the former are Pizza Bruti and Bloom Bakehouse, while Fairchild (whose chef was a judge on the last episode of Top Chef) and Gates and Brovi are top picks for the latter. This is also near Lake Wingra, which houses the zoo (also free) and has a ton of great walking paths.

East of the Capitol, the Williamson and Atwood neighborhoods are very walkable with plenty of good eating spots. Ahan and Weary Traveler are my faves on Willy, Monsoon Siam, Bar Coralino and Players (prolly the best gdam burger spot in town) rule Atwood, and sure, Stalzy's got the deli game on lock. Further east of Atwood is Olbrich Gardens, much bigger than Allen but well worth the visit. Garver Mill complex is on the east side of the Gardens and houses a bunch of food spots in a lovingly restored former poultry feed warehouse. If you go to Olbrich, might as well keep going to Monona and hit up Viet Hoa grocery for the best bahn mi in town. It won't immediately be obvious where to grab one but there should be someone at a register near the entrance. Ask for help. There's a couple of other great spots in Monona on Monona Dr, including Swod India and Fraboni's Italian Deli.

If you haven't been to the Capitol, it's super obvious but it's super obvious for a reason. Wednesday farmer's market is on MLK on the block nearest Monona Terrace, also home to one of the better lake views in the city. Graze/L'etoile is regarded as the foodie spot, but I still can't get over an extended print piece on Chef Tory Miller that included a vignette of his weekly visit to the Dane Co Farmer's Market that included him demanding of a vendor "Give me all your radishes." Christ, have some decorum.

If you want to get out of town, Dr. Evermore's sculpture park is maybe a 30-40 minute drive out of the city. I fking love it. Google that sht and see if it's your jam. The UW basketball offices are located off the Kohl Center so stop in and let out a hearty #firegard if inclined, though I might-could call you a meatball fan.

I dunno man, ask questions and I'll see what I can do to help you out. If you want to get tacos, go to Tacqueria Guadalajara on Park. The walk around Monona Bay is a personal fave, so put in some steps and get some fking huraches and gorditas at TacqG afterwards. Personally, I love sitting at the counter there and marveling at the bilingual staff juggling multiple tickets, online orders and seating people, not continue to beating a dead horse but give the FOH staff at least as much money as Malik Beasley, troo Mexi-merican heroes. I don't know who on this consarned forum recommended Taigu Noodles in Middleton, but they were Right. Near Taigu is Taza, which is killing things on the Middle Eastern front. My god, I wanna run up on that spot right now.

Like most other cities worth a vinegar fart, Madison is best experienced on foot. Holla at me TC if you need further guidance.

Not enough and1s in the world for this comprehensiveness! Thanks Chones

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#522 » by jute2003 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 pm

chonestown wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
jute2003 wrote:It's a great spot. I also like leopolds and io arcade bar for a more mature crowd any day besides saturday.

You guys seem like good guys to ask: my gf is gonna be in WI next week and we’re thinking of doing a day in Madison. I haven’t been there in YEARS.

What are some must-see things to do? It’ll be a weekday, and we aren’t really drinkers but like seeing sights, shopping, restaurants, museums. Thanks!

Over by Memorial Union area, there's a couple parking ramps. The food carts set up on Library Mall, which corresponds to the west end of State Street. There's a ton of options, my top choice is Caracas Arepas which is Venezuelan. Library Mall puts you in close contact to the Chazen Art Museum, which I find much superior to the MOCA. It's free, the featured exhibitions are usually more to my taste and the permanent collection is stronger. Memorial Union is Memorial Union. Not an imaginative choice but c'mon. If it's nice out, it's glorious. A damn showpiece is what it is, plus it's close to Science Hall and the Red Gym, probably my two favorite two pieces of campus architecture.

I would walk the path out to the west and make sure to stop at Allen Centennial Garden, which has a fairly small footprint but a ton of variety. You can either walk back at that point or head out to Monroe Street, which begins at Camp Randall. It might make more sense to drive out there as well. The two shopping/districts are roughly the 1700-1900 blocks and the Knickerbocker area on the west side of Edgewood. The choice spots for the former are Pizza Bruti and Bloom Bakehouse, while Fairchild (whose chef was a judge on the last episode of Top Chef) and Gates and Brovi are top picks for the latter. This is also near Lake Wingra, which houses the zoo (also free) and has a ton of great walking paths.

East of the Capitol, the Williamson and Atwood neighborhoods are very walkable with plenty of good eating spots. Ahan and Weary Traveler are my faves on Willy, Monsoon Siam, Bar Coralino and Players (prolly the best gdam burger spot in town) rule Atwood, and sure, Stalzy's got the deli game on lock. Further east of Atwood is Olbrich Gardens, much bigger than Allen but well worth the visit. Garver Mill complex is on the east side of the Gardens and houses a bunch of food spots in a lovingly restored former poultry feed warehouse. If you go to Olbrich, might as well keep going to Monona and hit up Viet Hoa grocery for the best bahn mi in town. It won't immediately be obvious where to grab one but there should be someone at a register near the entrance. Ask for help. There's a couple of other great spots in Monona on Monona Dr, including Swod India and Fraboni's Italian Deli.

If you haven't been to the Capitol, it's super obvious but it's super obvious for a reason. Wednesday farmer's market is on MLK on the block nearest Monona Terrace, also home to one of the better lake views in the city. Graze/L'etoile is regarded as the foodie spot, but I still can't get over an extended print piece on Chef Tory Miller that included a vignette of his weekly visit to the Dane Co Farmer's Market that included him demanding of a vendor "Give me all your radishes." Christ, have some decorum.

If you want to get out of town, Dr. Evermore's sculpture park is maybe a 30-40 minute drive out of the city. I fking love it. Google that sht and see if it's your jam. The UW basketball offices are located off the Kohl Center so stop in and let out a hearty #firegard if inclined, though I might-could call you a meatball fan.

I dunno man, ask questions and I'll see what I can do to help you out. If you want to get tacos, go to Tacqueria Guadalajara on Park. The walk around Monona Bay is a personal fave, so put in some steps and get some fking huraches and gorditas at TacqG afterwards. Personally, I love sitting at the counter there and marveling at the bilingual staff juggling multiple tickets, online orders and seating people, not continue to beating a dead horse but give the FOH staff at least as much money as Malik Beasley, troo Mexi-merican heroes. I don't know who on this consarned forum recommended Taigu Noodles in Middleton, but they were Right. Near Taigu is Taza, which is killing things on the Middle Eastern front. My god, I wanna run up on that spot right now.

Like most other cities worth a vinegar fart, Madison is best experienced on foot. Holla at me TC if you need further guidance.
Impeccable detail from the fox valley legend
only a fan, only an opinion
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#523 » by jute2003 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:24 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to have to grab a rueben in there. Loved the bar area. Maybe the last of the "adult" bars on State.

OTOH, I just discovered the Boathouse Lounge connected to the Edgewater. Right on the Mendota shore with a sprawling multi-boat slip. Feels hidden. On a Thursday night, I thought it should be packed but was sparsely occupied.
It's a great spot. I also like leopolds and io arcade bar for a more mature crowd any day besides saturday.

Chones covered about 8 days worth of activities in his post. We can drill down with a little more info. What kind of food are you into? Are you outdoors people? Etc

It's madison so I feel like you gotta spend time by the water...or on the water if you have a friend with a boat. The boathouse(mentioned a few posts up) is a great lunch spot that gets you a front row seat.
All of Chone's suggestions are top notch but I'll strongly And1 Ahan, Gates and Brovi, and Taigu.
I'd add sushi muromoto, Umami, and pig in a fur coat. The latter is expensive and more for special occasions.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,765

Post#524 » by chonestown » Mon May 13, 2024 1:28 pm

jute2003 wrote:It's madison so I feel like you gotta spend time by the water...or on the water if you have a friend with a boat.

This is key. The lakes make Madison what it is.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#525 » by chonestown » Mon May 13, 2024 2:12 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:What is a vinegar fart and will I regret asking?

(Will respond with Madison deets tomorrow for a work break :))

Weak gas e.g. something inconsequential
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,044

Post#526 » by Ryan5UW » Mon May 13, 2024 2:19 pm

jute2003 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

Chones covered about 8 days worth of activities in his post. We can drill down with a little more info. What kind of food are you into? Are you outdoors people? Etc

It's madison so I feel like you gotta spend time by the water...or on the water if you have a friend with a boat. The boathouse(mentioned a few posts up) is a great lunch spot that gets you a front row seat.
All of Chone's suggestions are top notch but I'll strongly And1 Ahan, Gates and Brovi, and Taigu.
I'd add sushi muromoto, Umami, and pig in a fur coat. The latter is expensive and more for special occasions.

I do love me some Taigu...
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#527 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon May 13, 2024 9:43 pm

jute2003 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

Ok great!! Her fav restaurants are Mediterranean—so any good choices there? We also love mid-eastern, se asian, italian, and mexican/latin. Sounds like theres been a couple of those mentioned already maybe.

Really appreciate it!! And will look into lake-y stuff to do.

Is there a good farmers market on mondays or tuesdays? Seems like the really good one is on Wednesday.

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#528 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon May 13, 2024 9:53 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:You guys seem like good guys to ask: my gf is gonna be in WI next week and we’re thinking of doing a day in Madison. I haven’t been there in YEARS.

I do love me some Taigu...

That place is going on the list for sure—looks great

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#529 » by BUCKnation » Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Can’t really go wrong with any of the restaurants around the square
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#530 » by stellation » Mon May 13, 2024 11:07 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to have to grab a rueben in there. Loved the bar area. Maybe the last of the "adult" bars on State.

OTOH, I just discovered the Boathouse Lounge connected to the Edgewater. Right on the Mendota shore with a sprawling multi-boat slip. Feels hidden. On a Thursday night, I thought it should be packed but was sparsely occupied.
It's a great spot. I also like leopolds and io arcade bar for a more mature crowd any day besides saturday.

This post has been up for 24 hours and nobody has highlighted it's both a sneaky "I know a girl" brag. The early playoff exit has ruined us.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,295

Post#531 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 13, 2024 11:08 pm

stellation wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

This post has been up for 24 hours and nobody has highlighted it's both a sneaky "I know a girl" brag. The early playoff exit has ruined us.

Dangerously close to a "Verified Sex-Haver" post imo.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#532 » by stellation » Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 pm

jute2003 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:You guys seem like good guys to ask: my gf is gonna be in WI next week and we’re thinking of doing a day in Madison. I haven’t been there in YEARS.

Impeccable detail from the fox valley legend

ChonesGPT.imo
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,796

Post#533 » by MikeIsGood » Tue May 14, 2024 12:07 am

Alright, well Chones pretty much has you covered lol. Here are some additions or +1s from my POV.

Food (with your preferences in mind):
* +1 to Monsoon. +1 to Graze.
* Mediterranean Cafe on State St is an outstanding little cafe/deli if you really want wheelhouse Medi. Which I don't mean to say generic, but just the classics in great form - moussaka, shawarma, falafel, etc.
* Back to SE Asian cuisine, Madison has a wonderful Laotian restaurant that isn't super well known, Lao Laan-Xang. Get the papaya salad.
* Less in your preference list, but someone else mentioned Sushi Muramoto for sushi. I'd challenge that Red is substantially better for a minimal cost increase (unless you purposefully order the most expensive items...which are also great).
* Not remotely in your preference list, but Sardine is always worth a mention IMO. Very French restaurant. Very delicious restaurant. Very good oysters, and also a great bar.

Bars/Drinks:
* Nitro has some really fascinating cocktails. It's also a coffee shop during the day (and also down the street from Red, and just a few blocks off the capitol).
* Robin Room is also a craft cocktail favorite of mine, but it's less interesting from a location perspective TBH, so maybe not somewhere to make a point for unless you find yourself on Johnson St.
* You'll be post-student life, so you'd be remiss to not stop at the Memorial Union Terrace. It's iconic for a reason, not coincidence. Right on the water. Lots of sail boats. The sunburst chairs. Super relaxes and beautiful.
* Eno Vino has overpriced tapas (IMO), but their downtown location has a wonderful bar ~10 stories in the air with a balcony for great views.

General:
* Highly recommend spending time IN the capitol and going out onto the observation deck. You'll be ~5 stories or whatever over the rest of Madison downtown, with some wonderful views of the lakes or just general downtown.
* If you've never been in a cheese shop, I recommend checking out Fromagination. Even if you just taste. It's such a cool little shop.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#534 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 9:50 am

stellation wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

I wrote “gf” but meant to write “super-hot gf who I have sex with”. Edited.

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#535 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 9:54 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Alright, well Chones pretty much has you covered lol. Here are some additions or +1s from my POV.

Food (with your preferences in mind):
* +1 to Monsoon. +1 to Graze.
* Mediterranean Cafe on State St is an outstanding little cafe/deli if you really want wheelhouse Medi. Which I don't mean to say generic, but just the classics in great form - moussaka, shawarma, falafel, etc.
* Back to SE Asian cuisine, Madison has a wonderful Laotian restaurant that isn't super well known, Lao Laan-Xang. Get the papaya salad.
* Less in your preference list, but someone else mentioned Sushi Muramoto for sushi. I'd challenge that Red is substantially better for a minimal cost increase (unless you purposefully order the most expensive items...which are also great).
* Not remotely in your preference list, but Sardine is always worth a mention IMO. Very French restaurant. Very delicious restaurant. Very good oysters, and also a great bar.

Bars/Drinks:
* Nitro has some really fascinating cocktails. It's also a coffee shop during the day (and also down the street from Red, and just a few blocks off the capitol).
* Robin Room is also a craft cocktail favorite of mine, but it's less interesting from a location perspective TBH, so maybe not somewhere to make a point for unless you find yourself on Johnson St.
* You'll be post-student life, so you'd be remiss to not stop at the Memorial Union Terrace. It's iconic for a reason, not coincidence. Right on the water. Lots of sail boats. The sunburst chairs. Super relaxes and beautiful.
* Eno Vino has overpriced tapas (IMO), but their downtown location has a wonderful bar ~10 stories in the air with a balcony for great views.

General:
* Highly recommend spending time IN the capitol and going out onto the observation deck. You'll be ~5 stories or whatever over the rest of Madison downtown, with some wonderful views of the lakes or just general downtown.
* If you've never been in a cheese shop, I recommend checking out Fromagination. Even if you just taste. It's such a cool little shop.

Outstanding! Thanks mike. Would’ve never thought of going inside the capitol but I think we might. Love the cheese shop recommend, thats definitely going on the list.

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,180

Post#536 » by midranger » Tue May 14, 2024 12:27 pm

Caveat: I haven’t lived in Madison for 16 years and the 8 years I did, I was a student and broke, so I track toward the cheap/free stuff. I still get back regularly, but with kids in tow so it’s now mainly Babcock ice cream and the candy store on State St.

Favorite stops for me:

Henry Vilas Zoo: Great, free zoo. Can do whole thing in an hour. Vilas park and beach right there. Bridges over lillypads type stuff. Proposed to my wife on one of those bridges. Great place to meander around to start the day. Arboretum if you’re feeling a hike.

Camp Randall is due north of the zoo. Worth seeing renovations if you haven’t seen it for awhile. Look up Pro shop hours if you want merch. Could grab some Greenbush bakery (it’s moved) for a treat.

Allen Centennial garden due north of camp Randall. Great spot for a brief, chill date and conversation. Worth walking from there through campus buildings down Bascom Hill for the vibes down to Union Terrace to grab lunch and a beer. Assuming it’s nice out, it can’t be beat.

We love the Marquette neighborhood on the south side of Willy for the hippy dippy vibes. Wildflower lawns free growing. Pace flags in windows. We walk Spaight to orton park and chill. Puts you right next to weary Traveler and now defunct Jolly Bobs. Lake Monona is beautiful in its own right and that neighborhood Captures some old school madison magic.

Capitol Square is cool to walk around. I don’t know the go to restaurants any more so I’d defer to the Madison folks, but eno vino’s rooftop view is tough to beat for a cocktail.

I’d check what’s happening at Breese Stevens Field. It’s a cool spot for a concert and Flamingos games are a blast (with kids at least).

I always loved ending the night back at the terrace if live music is going and it’s warm out.

Edgewater is worth splurging on if staying over night. You’re a couple weeks late for their derby party which I’ve attended a few times and is always fun. Get a lake view room and catch the sun rise with coffee.

Alternative plan: if a weekday, start west of Madison at New Glarus brewery and take in some Driftless views. I think New Glarus is still closed on weekend for whatever reason. Stop in Paoli on way back into Madison for a beer and taco and to shop. If coming from the west, could start in Mineral Point which has an artsy fartsy vibe that speaks to me (may not be everyone’s scene).
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#537 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 pm

midranger wrote:Caveat: I haven’t lived in Madison for 16 years and the 8 years I did, I was a student and broke, so I track toward the cheap/free stuff. I still get back regularly, but with kids in tow so it’s now mainly Babcock ice cream and the candy store on State St.

Favorite stops for me:

Henry Vilas Zoo: Great, free zoo. Can do whole thing in an hour. Vilas park and beach right there. Bridges over lillypads type stuff. Proposed to my wife on one of those bridges. Great place to meander around to start the day. Arboretum if you’re feeling a hike.

Camp Randall is due north of the zoo. Worth seeing renovations if you haven’t seen it for awhile. Look up Pro shop hours if you want merch. Could grab some Greenbush bakery (it’s moved) for a treat.

Allen Centennial garden due north of camp Randall. Great spot for a brief, chill date and conversation. Worth walking from there through campus buildings down Bascom Hill for the vibes down to Union Terrace to grab lunch and a beer. Assuming it’s nice out, it can’t be beat.

We love the Marquette neighborhood on the south side of Willy for the hippy dippy vibes. Wildflower lawns free growing. Pace flags in windows. We walk Spaight to orton park and chill. Puts you right next to weary Traveler and now defunct Jolly Bobs. Lake Monona is beautiful in its own right and that neighborhood Captures some old school madison magic.

Capitol Square is cool to walk around. I don’t know the go to restaurants any more so I’d defer to the Madison folks, but eno vino’s rooftop view is tough to beat for a cocktail.

I’d check what’s happening at Breese Stevens Field. It’s a cool spot for a concert and Flamingos games are a blast (with kids at least).

I always loved ending the night back at the terrace if live music is going and it’s warm out.

Edgewater is worth splurging on if staying over night. You’re a couple weeks late for their derby party which I’ve attended a few times and is always fun. Get a lake view room and catch the sun rise with coffee.

Alternative plan: if a weekday, start west of Madison at New Glarus brewery and take in some Driftless views. I think New Glarus is still closed on weekend for whatever reason. Stop in Paoli on way back into Madison for a beer and taco and to shop. If coming from the west, could start in Mineral Point which has an artsy fartsy vibe that speaks to me (may not be everyone’s scene).

Thanks—you guys are killing it w the good advice. Another vote for the zoo—may have to check that out. I appreciate it!

jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by jute2003 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:* Less in your preference list, but someone else mentioned Sushi Muramoto for sushi. I'd challenge that Red is substantially better for a minimal cost increase (unless you purposefully order the most expensive items...which are also great).

I am admittedly in the minority but I have tried Red multiple times because everyone loves it and have come away thoroughly underwhelmed each time.

They do have a caboli dessert that was pretty amazing though.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#539 » by chonestown » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Ok great!! Her fav restaurants are Mediterranean—so any good choices there? We also love mid-eastern, se asian, italian, and mexican/latin. Sounds like theres been a couple of those mentioned already maybe.

Is there a good farmers market on mondays or tuesdays? Seems like the really good one is on Wednesday.

Just so it didn't get lost in the mix, wanted to address the Med spots.

I mentioned Taza before. Taza rules. There's a Turkish spot on Watts Rd over by Woodman's West (an absolutely post-apocalyptic grocery nightmare, but I fk with East majorly) which I've had friends rave about but I found mid. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

The other one worth checking out is Sofra, breakfast and lunch spot. Once again in Middleton, nearish Taigu and Taza as well. Albanian sausages, my dude. Best not to mention the name of Larry Sanders there. Middleton has spots, ngl.

I have a regular dinner group that leans hard into Med and those two rank high.

-DCB
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#540 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 3:00 pm

chonestown wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:Ok great!! Her fav restaurants are Mediterranean—so any good choices there? We also love mid-eastern, se asian, italian, and mexican/latin. Sounds like theres been a couple of those mentioned already maybe.

Just so it didn't get lost in the mix, wanted to address the Med spots.

I mentioned Taza before. Taza rules. There's a Turkish spot on Watts Rd over by Woodman's West (an absolutely post-apocalyptic grocery nightmare, but I fk with East majorly) which I've had friends rave about but I found mid. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

The other one worth checking out is Sofra, breakfast and lunch spot. Once again in Middleton, nearish Taigu and Taza as well. Albanian sausages, my dude. Best not to mention the name of Larry Sanders there. Middleton has spots, ngl.

I have a regular dinner group that leans hard into Med and those two rank high.

Thanks again Chones. Taza is def on the list. Couldn’t find a turkish place on watts—found the Turkish Kitchen.

Been to Oliva? Any good?

A place with a killer greek-style salad and grilled meats would be awesome

Return to Milwaukee Bucks