Around The League - Wolves v Mav’s and C’s v Indy

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,983

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#681 » by emunney » Mon May 13, 2024 2:40 am

machu46 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:They allowed so much contact and physicality the first two games compared to these two in Minny. That's been the big adjustment that's allowed Denver back in the series.

That and allowing Murray to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the league didn't reckon with is that it affects the series either way. <Geddy Lee voice> Yyyyif you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,253

Post#682 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:45 am

rilamann wrote:I can't imagine how irate I would be right now if I was a Wolves fan over Murray not being suspended after game 2.

I would have been mad after game 2 and he didn't get a suspension, but I would especially mad now that the Nuggets tied the series up.

If you were a T-Wolves fan after game 2 you'd be far too busy doing so much backpedaling on the years of calling KAT the softest player in the league, ruining the future trading for Gobert and FInch isn't the coach we need.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 708

Post#683 » by ColeWorld23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 am

This series shows once again the importance of experience in the playoffs for the younger Superstar players, can’t march through the playoffs.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#684 » by Wooderson » Mon May 13, 2024 3:05 am

ColeWorld23 wrote:This series shows once again the importance of experience in the playoffs for the younger Superstar players, can’t march through the playoffs.

Kinda weird timing to make this point since Ant was incredible tonight. Wolves win if anyone else shows up for them and are on the brink. Hell they even outscored Denver with him on the court and got destroyed by 13 in the only 3 minutes he rested. Wolves problems were everything except their young superstar.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,796

Post#685 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 am

KAT was an absolute BOA and has been in both their losses now. The sole performance doesn't make a difference in Friday's game, but absolutely does tonight.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#686 » by Plossum » Mon May 13, 2024 3:10 am

MikeIsGood wrote:KAT was an absolute BOA and has been in both their losses now. The sole performance doesn't make a difference in Friday's game, but absolutely does tonight.

This has been the typical KAT experience throughout his career though. He's got that Harden and PG in him when Playoff time comes.
#LockUpChuck
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#687 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon May 13, 2024 3:25 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I hope Wingstop goes bankrupt because of this stupid **** commercial.

No flex, zone...
What a pro wants...

Don't let me gooooooo....
Probably the worst song ever. Instant mute.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#688 » by Plossum » Mon May 13, 2024 3:46 am

Read on Twitter
#LockUpChuck
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#689 » by stellation » Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 am

Plossum wrote:
Read on Twitter

I didn't catch the game, when I mentioned that stat to my kid they pointed out those Ant minutes that were +5 included this crazy end last 20 seconds to end the last half as well.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#690 » by FrieAaron » Mon May 13, 2024 5:33 am

The Wolves lost the game the last 10 seconds of the half. That whole game is so different if it's only 10 at halftime.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#691 » by pifhluk23 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:48 am

Wolves Nuggets once again proving that seeding means close to nothing. Really glad we burned Giannis up at the end of the season.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#692 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 13, 2024 6:59 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Wolves Nuggets once again proving that seeding means close to nothing. Really glad we burned Giannis up at the end of the season.

Not really sure your point here, unless you are talking strictly HCA...which I agree is overrated.

Wolves nuggets were 2/3, won there opening rounds 8-1, and a close 2-2 series. Kind of lines up perfectly with their seeding? If Wolves took the regular season off and fell to 7, they mightve lost the first round.

As for the Bucks, sure in hindsight it was idiotic, but we were 2 games out of the play-in at the end of the season. Do we beat the Hawks and Celtics without Giannis? Like no way in hell I want to be in a play in game with our shooting where 1 bad game means we get the Celtics in the first round and 2 bad games mean we are out.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#693 » by FrieAaron » Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:As for the Bucks, sure in hindsight it was idiotic, but we were 2 games out of the play-in at the end of the season. Do we beat the Hawks and Celtics without Giannis? Like no way in hell I want to be in a play in game with our shooting where 1 bad game means we get the Celtics in the first round and 2 bad games mean we are out.

I could be misremembering, but iirc by the time Giannis got injured we were guaranteed not to be in the play-in, but could have lost HCA. Although in general I would rather be in the play-in with Giannis than play a first round series without him, of course the same injury may have happened a week later. No idea how likely or unlikely that would be.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,796

Post#694 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 13, 2024 7:05 pm

I don't know the original source, but it's starting to float that TNT lost the broadcast right bid vs. NBC. Inside the NBA, which, despite Shaq's presence (IMO), is and has been just about the only watchable sports talk programming on TV for the past two decades, will be coming to an end.

I'm legitimately sad. I love the original trio.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,477

Post#695 » by KidA24 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:18 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I don't know the original source, but it's starting to float that TNT lost the broadcast right bid vs. NBC. Inside the NBA, which, despite Shaq's presence (IMO), is and has been just about the only watchable sports talk programming on TV for the past two decades, will be coming to an end.

I'm legitimately sad. I love the original trio.

Simmons said it as a throwaway line in his latest podcast.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#696 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Yeah it's looking like NBC may grab it from TNT. . Amazon is getting a package. ESPN/ABC is retaining rights. Barkley can opt out if TNT loses the NBA.

Sources continue to insist Comcast’s NBCUniversal will capture the third NBA package — and likely unveil a “Basketball Night in America’’ telecast — with its annual bid of $2.5B. Although details are still being massaged with nothing finalized, those sources believe there is little WBD CEO David Zaslav can do to overtake NBC unless he coughs up as much as $2.8B or more to overpay for the package. Or, according to the sources, unless he takes the league to court.

Reports surfaced last month that incumbent WBD exited its exclusive negotiating window with the league believing it could match any bid from NBC or the like, dollar for dollar. However, sources reiterated Wednesday that the NBA believes a dollar-for-dollar match is not enough, that NBC is an over-the-air network with multiple broadcast windows and an RSN infrastructure that WBD cannot replicate.

“NBC has made their bid, and they’re not budging,’’ a media industry source said. “So it’s over, right? And Warner Bros. is saying, ‘We’ll match it,’ and (Commissioner Adam Silver) is probably saying: ‘It’s not matched.’ ’’

…“There’s no mystery to this,” the source said. “It’s pretty blatant what’s happening. [WBD CEO] David Zaslav realizes he has to have this and doesn’t want to pay more than $2.5B. And Adam’s saying, honestly, it’s not matched at $2.5. And [Zaslav] goes, ‘Yes, it is,’ and they’re going back and forth.’ And so that’s where we are. How do you let [WBD] down? Is there a way? Or does Zaslav come up with more money? Because then it doesn’t have to be matching because David’s paid more.”
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#697 » by BUCKnation » Mon May 13, 2024 8:06 pm

Idk if its a point of emphasis for their defense but the nuggets have hugely benefited by not allowing/having role players go off on them this post season. The stars in both series have gotten theirs relatively easily but if the lakers or wolves get anything from their role guys they win these games going away.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,983

Post#698 » by emunney » Mon May 13, 2024 8:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Yeah it's looking like NBC may grab it from TNT. . Amazon is getting a package. ESPN/ABC is retaining rights. Barkley can opt out if TNT loses the NBA.

Sources continue to insist Comcast’s NBCUniversal will capture the third NBA package — and likely unveil a “Basketball Night in America’’ telecast — with its annual bid of $2.5B. Although details are still being massaged with nothing finalized, those sources believe there is little WBD CEO David Zaslav can do to overtake NBC unless he coughs up as much as $2.8B or more to overpay for the package. Or, according to the sources, unless he takes the league to court.

Reports surfaced last month that incumbent WBD exited its exclusive negotiating window with the league believing it could match any bid from NBC or the like, dollar for dollar. However, sources reiterated Wednesday that the NBA believes a dollar-for-dollar match is not enough, that NBC is an over-the-air network with multiple broadcast windows and an RSN infrastructure that WBD cannot replicate.

“NBC has made their bid, and they’re not budging,’’ a media industry source said. “So it’s over, right? And Warner Bros. is saying, ‘We’ll match it,’ and (Commissioner Adam Silver) is probably saying: ‘It’s not matched.’ ’’

…“There’s no mystery to this,” the source said. “It’s pretty blatant what’s happening. [WBD CEO] David Zaslav realizes he has to have this and doesn’t want to pay more than $2.5B. And Adam’s saying, honestly, it’s not matched at $2.5. And [Zaslav] goes, ‘Yes, it is,’ and they’re going back and forth.’ And so that’s where we are. How do you let [WBD] down? Is there a way? Or does Zaslav come up with more money? Because then it doesn’t have to be matching because David’s paid more.”

Whew, that's more than twice the current contract with WB. I wonder if the league and players association know how they're going to handle the spike this time.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#699 » by DingleJerry » Mon May 13, 2024 8:44 pm

Wow. They have to do the expansion now don't' they? As if players salaries aren't bonkers as it is, just think what they're going to look like in 5-10 years. This money keeps being added and the amount of players to be paid remains the same and its a relatively small number of players due to each team really only 'paying' paying 3-4 players big money.

Have to add more teams to spread the money out and/or continue to tweak rules to spread the money to the middle class players even more (which the NBA already does a good job at vs other sports).
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#700 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 pm

Expansion would suck. They'll do it but 30 teams is plenty.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks