ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,630

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1301 » by RogerMurdock » Mon May 13, 2024 2:25 pm

mattg wrote:People talk about Giannis being a DPOY...but he doesn't actually anchor elite defenses unless he has a DPOY caliber Lopez playing center next to him. He doesn't sniff top 10 defenses without a top 2 ball screen navigating PG (Jrue or Bledsoe). We also needed plus defense from Tucker and Middleton alongside those guys to barely win a title. Without all of that, and a great coach scheming it all together, we just suck defensively. So on defense alone, the roster construction is nearly impossible to do...especially since Giannis is never going to play center in any universe (despite posters here acting like that's the magic bullet for the last 8 seasons).

BREAKING: You need a complete team and good coaching to have a top defense.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1302 » by Matches Malone » Mon May 13, 2024 2:27 pm

Read on Twitter

:wave:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#1303 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, when I think of Pat Bev, I think of the ultimate needle mover. Have fun in Detriot.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#1304 » by theFireBlanket » Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, when I think of Pat Bev, I think of the ultimate needle mover. Have fun in Detriot.

Next pod they did, watching the playoffs, Bev casually said "we'll be back in Milwaukee".

There was also a comment about taking BP to Target Center for game 3.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,315

Post#1305 » by jakecronus8 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:29 pm

Bummed that Atlanta is doing the right thing and shopping Young instead of Murray. Was still holding onto the dream of somehow pairing him next to Dame.
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,295

Post#1306 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Trade Horst for a draft pick.

Ah, so much for that. Shams:

The Pistons were denied permission to interview Milwaukee’s Jon Horst last week, league and team sources tell The Athletic. It is possible that the Bucks were posturing to get assets from Detroit in order to take Horst, who signed a multi-year deal with Milwaukee in 2021. However, the Pistons have decided to move on to other candidates.

New Orleans’ Trajan Langdon, Dallas’ Dennis Lindsey and Chicago’s Marc Eversley, among others, have established themselves as viable targets for the role, league sources tell The Athletic.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Post#1307 » by Matches Malone » Mon May 13, 2024 3:45 pm

The Pistons were denied permission to interview Milwaukee’s Jon Horst last week, league and team sources tell The Athletic. It is possible that the Bucks were posturing to get assets from Detroit in order to take Horst, who signed a multi-year deal with Milwaukee in 2021. However, the Pistons have decided to move on to other candidates.

Read on Twitter

I'll be annoyed if Detroit lands Connelly.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#1308 » by drew881 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:52 pm

midranger wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:If teams aren't letting the barrel move work, and Giannis is putting up numbers like 35 points a game in the finals and 34 points a game against Boston it seems like he's found a way to do different plays and strategies.

Caught lightning in a bottle for 1 magical run... but that's 4 yrs ago

Boston.. yeah they played better team ball and we lost.. ppg doesn't matter if you lose

There’s no asterisk or anything, but in retrospect our championship run was pretty charmed.

Suns were a super young, first year being good team with minimal playoff experience outside of Chris Paul continuously choking. Devin freaking Booker was their best player.They immediately hit the skids similar to us post-finals. They’re on their second blowup since. They were like a D+ level finals team.

Hawks, basically the exact same as above but multiplied by a factor of 100x. Trae Young was their best player. F level conference finals team.

Nets, were a volatile group of personalities with a lousy coach that had 2 of their best 3 players hobbled or out basically the whole series. Also needed an immediate blowup after that series. Coach gone. Players gone. Kevin Durant was their best player and was INCREDIBLE. But, their second best player that series was who? Blake Griffin? Bruce Brown? Jeff Green? C+ level second round team given the injuries. Only that because Durant was so good. We should have blown them away once Kyrie was hurt and Harden could barely move. We eked out the series victory by the slimmest margin possible.

Miami is such a weird team. Consistency in personnel, but their results have been up and down year-to-year. This was a down year. Butler was their best player but was completely AWFUL. Probably a B+ level first round matchup who we made look silly. There’s a possibility that they were the toughest matchup we faced.

Yup, but we are bagging on the Pacers because OG is out.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,725

Post#1309 » by JayMKE » Mon May 13, 2024 3:54 pm

Im sure Horst has big plans

barf
FREE GIANNIS
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,704

Post#1310 » by SupremeHustle » Mon May 13, 2024 4:10 pm

fansinceforever wrote:With confirmation that Houston is looking for "win now" help and their issue being offense especially in the half court - I'll float a similar trade to last time.

Houston gets: Middleton (toss in Beauchamp if they'd like)
Milwaukee gets: Tari Eason, Dillon Brooks and #3

Then..

Milwaukee gets: Mikal Bridges, Finney-smith
Brooklyn gets: #3, #23, Bobby Portis and Brook Lopez.

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA

The bench is a little shaky but that starting five is interesting.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,372

Post#1311 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm

Horst staying isn't the worst thing. Remember, we downgraded from Bud.

The guy is a highly competent GM as it relates to trades. The real question is where the organization as a whole stands on being aggressive or say only trading Marjon and the pick, and running most of it back.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#1312 » by msiris » Mon May 13, 2024 4:34 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:With confirmation that Houston is looking for "win now" help and their issue being offense especially in the half court - I'll float a similar trade to last time.

Then..

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA

Giannis is not a center but I like the trade.
Ride the tank
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,983

Post#1313 » by emunney » Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm

drew881 wrote:
midranger wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Caught lightning in a bottle for 1 magical run... but that's 4 yrs ago

Boston.. yeah they played better team ball and we lost.. ppg doesn't matter if you lose

There’s no asterisk or anything, but in retrospect our championship run was pretty charmed.

Suns were a super young, first year being good team with minimal playoff experience outside of Chris Paul continuously choking. Devin freaking Booker was their best player.They immediately hit the skids similar to us post-finals. They’re on their second blowup since. They were like a D+ level finals team.

Hawks, basically the exact same as above but multiplied by a factor of 100x. Trae Young was their best player. F level conference finals team.

Nets, were a volatile group of personalities with a lousy coach that had 2 of their best 3 players hobbled or out basically the whole series. Also needed an immediate blowup after that series. Coach gone. Players gone. Kevin Durant was their best player and was INCREDIBLE. But, their second best player that series was who? Blake Griffin? Bruce Brown? Jeff Green? C+ level second round team given the injuries. Only that because Durant was so good. We should have blown them away once Kyrie was hurt and Harden could barely move. We eked out the series victory by the slimmest margin possible.

Miami is such a weird team. Consistency in personnel, but their results have been up and down year-to-year. This was a down year. Butler was their best player but was completely AWFUL. Probably a B+ level first round matchup who we made look silly. There’s a possibility that they were the toughest matchup we faced.

Ultimately you can only beat the teams you play against, and we don't know what the outcomes would have been given different circumstances. Other than informing the decision-making of the teams involved, I don't think any of this sort of litigation really serves anything. That said, fair to point out that the Bucks may have benefited from injuries to other teams. Although I'd certainly argue the Bucks and Knicks are/were missing better players than the Nets did.

You can't take anything away from the Pacers because they won the games.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#1314 » by DingleJerry » Mon May 13, 2024 4:38 pm

Also, Knicks are missing 3 starters, not just OG.

Still, I don't bash Indy for it. In recent years NBA playoffs seem to be a war of attrition in terms of health. Seems to be the new normal so trying to bash teams who win when others get hurt seems futile.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,315

Post#1315 » by jakecronus8 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:39 pm

msiris wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Then..

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA

If Bridges can be had for a package involving that pick, why wouldn't Houston just trade it for Bridges?
Do it for Chuck
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#1316 » by German Athens » Mon May 13, 2024 4:57 pm

I’m definitely curious what bridges value is. The nets were rumored to turn down 3 1sts for him, but I’m guessing those weren’t high end firsts, and that was before he blew up post KD trade and subsequently settled back down.

The problem is, many including myself, overreacted to what Mikal was doing late last season where he looked like a top 20 player and perennial all-star. He’s likely settled in to being a top-40 player who could maybe make an all-star team if he was in the right situation. A really nice 3rd option, but probably not a #2.

Khris is the better scorer and playmaker, but bridges has insane durability and is a much better defender while still being a good shooter and solid decision maker.

He’s also not nearly as young as I think he gets treated. He’ll be 28 in august. His price should probably be something similar to what we gave up for Jrue, maybe a little more, because he has another year on his contract.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,931

Post#1317 » by fansinceforever » Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
msiris wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

If Bridges can be had for a package involving that pick, why wouldn't Houston just trade it for Bridges?

Hopefully Houston is less concerned about Middleton's injuries as a large contingent of this message board is. In that event, Middleton is a better scorer than Mikal by quite a bit. Again, if he's right.

Houston's main issue is that they have a bottom 5 offense.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#1318 » by RRyder823 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 pm

emunney wrote:
drew881 wrote:
midranger wrote:There’s no asterisk or anything, but in retrospect our championship run was pretty charmed.

Ultimately you can only beat the teams you play against, and we don't know what the outcomes would have been given different circumstances. Other than informing the decision-making of the teams involved, I don't think any of this sort of litigation really serves anything. That said, fair to point out that the Bucks may have benefited from injuries to other teams. Although I'd certainly argue the Bucks and Knicks are/were missing better players than the Nets did.

I've never once heard anyone try and bash or discredit a Superbowl winner because they were healthier than a team/teams they faced (which is pretty much always a big factor in how far a team gets in the NFL)

NBA the last few years has become a bit of a war of attrition in a similar vein (although not as extreme obviously) and see no issue with that. It opens up a level of parity that simply never existed before the last few years when you could pretty much pencil in 3 out of 4 of the conference finalists, without fail, by mid-season every year

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#1319 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon May 13, 2024 6:39 pm

Yeah if Bridges is available he is absolutely the one to target. Great player who isn't suited to the alpha role but would fit like a glove here.

I do not think he is available though.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,983

Post#1320 » by emunney » Mon May 13, 2024 8:00 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
emunney wrote:
drew881 wrote:

I've never once heard anyone try and bash or discredit a Superbowl winner because they were healthier than a team/teams they faced (which is pretty much always a big factor in how far a team gets in the NFL)

NBA the last few years has become a bit of a war of attrition in a similar vein (although not as extreme obviously) and see no issue with that. It opens up a level of parity that simply never existed before the last few years when you could pretty much pencil in 3 out of 4 of the conference finalists, without fail, by mid-season every year

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

The comparison to the NFL is dead on. There's just so much more mobility in the NBA than ever before. Neither the public nor the media has caught up to it. No team is so bad that a great offseason couldn't put them in the top 5 in their conference. No team is so good that an untimely injury couldn't sink their season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks